🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Experian through credit club

Options

Comments

• MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    Hi all

For those of your who've not yet checked my posts on page 1 of this thread, do take a look as they provide a fuller explanation.

But just to reiterate, you can ignore these letters, they're an error and you absolutely won't get charged for using MSE's Credit Club.

MSE has been working with Experian today to understand what went wrong and we're in the progress of emailing everyone who we believe may have received a letter to try and provide some reassurance.

I hope this helps.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi again,

My wife just got an email from MSE Credit Club apologising for the possibility of receiving this letter referring to it as baloney!

Ironic as I got the letter and my wife did not. I guess I will get my email in due course. Nevertheless, kudos to MSE Credit Club for getting the email out quickly!
  • SleepyPanda
    Options
    I have also received a letter today, dated 10th May. Do Experian think it's a glitch that just happened on that day?

I await the MSE email.
  • MHOWARD_2
    MHOWARD_2 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone actually reading this thread?

It does not seem they are lol

I to received this letter and spoke to experian. They said it was a mistake but tell the story a bit differently, they put the blame with MSE. They told me that the reference number on the letter is an MSE reference and they cannot even access it.
  • starnova
    starnova Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I have unsubscribed from the MSE Credit Club as after receiving this letter I have completely lost confidence and faith in it, it is bad enough having to put up with scam emails and telephone calls without this as well :(
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    starnova wrote: »
    I have unsubscribed from the MSE Credit Club as after receiving this letter I have completely lost confidence and faith in it, it is bad enough having to put up with scam emails and telephone calls without this as well :(

Not sure how this would help as the letter was sent by Experian so they are the ones at fault and they still have all of your data.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I received the same letter. I telephoned experian and there was a recorded message stating the letter was sent to mse members by accident. I'm still a little concerned in case I did accidentally click on a link or paid service without realising. I did that with amazon prime....
    I'm going to log on and double check and then probably cancel. I found my report to be very inaccurate anyway.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If your report is inaccurate, you should be raising a dispute with Experian, rather than ignoring it.
  • garymoncur
    Options
    Just to add - I am out of the country and my Mother informed that I had received the exact same letter. Like others, I have only every used the club to access my report. When I attempted to log on to the Experien web site there was no record of my email address or any type of account information. While it's good to know that this is indeed a glitch, if some of you want peace of mind you may want to go through the same steps.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    MHOWARD wrote: »
    I to received this letter and spoke to experian. They said it was a mistake but tell the story a bit differently, they put the blame with MSE. They told me that the reference number on the letter is an MSE reference and they cannot even access it.

Hi Mhoward

I'm sorry to hear that the agent you spoke to at Experian didn't provide you with correct information. This is absolutely a technical error on Experian's part and it has now added a recorded apology message onto its cancellation phone line. I suspect that the person you spoke to likely hadn't fully understood the issue, given that the reference Experian added to its letter couldn't be located on its systems. This is because your details were never added to its Credit Expert systems.

I hope this helps to provide some reassurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport