When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI, I've just caught up with your diary. I can't believe how much has changed!

Congratulations on the new job, and I hope everything settles down a bit now xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :D

My kitchen currently looks like a glitter parcel has exploded! I think it's even reached the ceiling! The kids are in the shower before they have dinner otherwise I fear they'd be eating glitter dinner too :rotfl:

I've only just stopped finding it from making the teacher boxes :o

So kids in shower, Casserole for dinner because the weather has been horrid and it was easy to chuck in the slowcooker. Choc cake for pudding tho ;) Sure that will make sure they eat their dinner without a fuss :rotfl:

We have cakes to make tomorrow if the weather is bad, if not I think a trip to the park with a picnic (bet it rains now)

Need to see what we need in the way of food shopping. Just milk I think will check tonight.

First council tax is due for the 28th :o although I've told them it's likely to be late this month but going forward that fits well for payday from work.

So target 1 £157 ;)

Everything else I have plans in place for. Will need to keep a good eye on PA to raise some much needed towards CT, along with finding some things to eBay. Have cashed out some more Amazon vouchers just waiting to receive them, this will keep us in cupboard/cleaning and diet coke :o :rotfl:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you tried Aldi diet coke or coke sugar free. My son prefers it to the original coke ( I can't tell the difference) and it's a fraction of the price. We decant the big bottles into smaller ones and keep it in the fridge so it's always cold.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have you tried Aldi diet coke or coke sugar free. My son prefers it to the original coke ( I can't tell the difference) and it's a fraction of the price. We decant the big bottles into smaller ones and keep it in the fridge so it's always cold.

I haven't I will have to try thank you.

I don't usually but it when I have to 'pay' for it :o Hence using Amazon :rotfl:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    It's less than 50p for a big bottle so if it's something you like it's much cheaper than the brand stuff - and you deserve a wee treat for yourself.
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can understand the reduction in CT when you are a single working mum but surely if you are a single mum and not working it should be reduced right down for the next couple of months
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Hiddenidenity
    edited 26 July 2017 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    I can understand the reduction in CT when you are a single working mum but surely if you are a single mum and not working it should be reduced right down for the next couple of months

It would be if I was claiming benefits :o But I am not. Although speaking today about paying this month's late the person has said there is another form she's sending out to fill in as 'nil income' until I receive my first wages' I'm not even going to pretend I knew what she was talking about but when it arrives through the post I'm going to take it to the one stop at the council to get help/advice because tbh it goes right over my head :o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Hidden, without being too nosey why aren't you claiming benefits? If you are living on your own with the children shouldn't you be claiming something right now, What are you living on? Someone who is far more qualified than I am will probably be able to advise you as I don't really understand the benefit system but it doesn't seem right to me.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hidden, without being too nosey why aren't you claiming benefits? If you are living on your own with the children shouldn't you be claiming something right now, What are you living on? Someone who is far more qualified than I am will probably be able to advise you as I don't really understand the benefit system but it doesn't seem right to me.

I don't really understand it either in my situation tbh.

Because I will/I am employed I don't think I can claim, I don't want to anything wrong. It's only a few weeks until work starts and I'd rather be safe than sorry :o
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Even claiming for those couple of weeks could be a big help. See if the CAB can advise.
    All that clutter used to be money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport