13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello, I hope onlookers are allowed!
    Well I shall look anyway by peeping through the net curtains!

I seem to spend most of my "free" time (when not dog walking etc ) by sewing doggy duvets......over 200 last year and all for charity. There is a pile building already upstairs for this year's sewathon!

Hopefully I may look at what everyone is doing and make suitable (pleasant!!) comments

Katiehound
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, was hoping to start on dino tonight but dd picked out some wool and requested a hat! fed up of hats now! :P will start dino hopefully tomorrow after i either finish the hat or give up cos the wool is rediculously hard to crochet with! lol
  • nuttybabe
    Options
    Me again. :D

I have just seen a plaque saying 'A house is made of bricks and beams, a home is made with love and dreams' and i would love to cross stitch this and put it in a frame. I used to do cross stitch when I was about 14 but not since. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to start, what I need to buy, can I buy a kit for this etc etc Think this would be project number 3 and ideal for MIL for xmas :D I can also do chain stitch if you think that will be better but do not have any of my old embroidery stuff like the ring thing.

Thanks x
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Hi nutty I found this kit from the US it a dimensions kit so will have everything you will need apart from a hoop

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=K70-65117
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    There are quite a few on eBay some of them cheaper than the one I linked to I just searched

Dimensions home

Hth
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • nuttybabe
    Options
    Thank you so much maria and the imps. I didnt even think so look on ebay. will check out all the links you have given me. thanks again. x
  • Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    Maria - the last link you posted was where I've ordered my Alessandra Adelaide eye design from, have had really good communication so far happy. Says delivery likely to be 10 days or so, considering it's from the USA I don't think that's bad.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • optimistic-mummy
    Options
    hi can i join you, i haven't done any craft projects before but MIL is going to show me how to use a sewing machine ..... i want to invest in one this year, and im also wanting to learn to crochet and maybe knit too.... we will see.... but untill i have a sewing machine i will be sewing by hand ..... the projects i would like to do are :
    1. crochet a baby blanket
    2. crochet a monster hat for DS
    3. make a scarf and gloves for DS
    4. christmas cards
    5. other celebration cards - birthdays ect (birthdays = around 10)

hmmmm...... we have just started ttc and i would love to make some stuff to help save money but im not wanting to tempt fate so will leave those until i am pregnant :o will add more to the list as i think of stuff ..... xx
    200 weeks £25,000.00 / £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport