Amazon Logistics (rant)

Options

Comments

• tasticz
    tasticz Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    they left my package in my driveway in full view of public luckily no one took it was around £200 worth of goods...
  • Chordeiles
    Options
    Dead easy to find gripes about Amazon logistics online. I guess one way to build a delivery service quickly from scratch would be to buy up failing delivery companies, maybe that's why it'll take time to improve ?

Me, I've had quite a few deliveries via A.L. now, and no problems at all. Except that they always say they will text the details to me, but I never saw a text message from them. They do have the correct number, and I can see it's all switched on, but no text ever reached me.

I'm expecting a delivery "any day now", could be it will fit through the letterbox, but if it's over-packaged and he has to knock, then I'll try to quiz the driver about the shape of the organisation.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chordeiles wrote: »
    Dead easy to find gripes about Amazon logistics online. I guess one way to build a delivery service quickly from scratch would be to buy up failing delivery companies, maybe that's why it'll take time to improve ?

Me, I've had quite a few deliveries via A.L. now, and no problems at all. Except that they always say they will text the details to me, but I never saw a text message from them. They do have the correct number, and I can see it's all switched on, but no text ever reached me.

I'm expecting a delivery "any day now", could be it will fit through the letterbox, but if it's over-packaged and he has to knock, then I'll try to quiz the driver about the shape of the organisation.

They only send texts for missed deliveries. I've never had one to tell me when they will deliver, they always send an email the morning of delivery though.
  • BooTheMoneySaver
    Options
    Got a call from amazon logistics saying they are at my door while I am at work. Proceeded to rudely tell me that I shouldn't order things I am not in to receive it.

Item was delivered later than stated and no indication when the delivery was due. !!!!!! amazon....don't just turn up, let your customers know so arrangements can be made.
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    Got a call from amazon logistics saying they are at my door while I am at work. Proceeded to rudely tell me that I shouldn't order things I am not in to receive it.

Item was delivered later than stated and no indication when the delivery was due. !!!!!! amazon....don't just turn up, let your customers know so arrangements can be made.

They actually have an option when you order if you know it's likely you won't be in you can tell them what you'd like them to do eg leave in a safe place or neighbour etc.
  • BooTheMoneySaver
    Options
    I was happy for them to leave the item with a neighbour, like with all my other deliveries when no one's at home, but a rude phone call was not necessary.
  • Clueless969
    Options
    What I really want to know is how on earth are you supposed to track a item that is sold by a seller on eBay when I then get an email from Amazon telling me that the order is being fulfilled by Amazon and delivered by Amazon Logistics. This email comes complete with the relevant AL tracking number and a note that says -
    You can track this dispatch by going to the carrier's website. Note that tracking information may not be available immediately.

However there is no AL website and therefore no way to track my parcel. The 25 minutes I spent using Amazon's chat service ended when the bloke on the other end drove me to tell him - Well, that makes you and your support system about as much use as a chocolate teapot.:rotfl:
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm also having trouble with AL and their live chat - I need to trace the driver of the AL vehicle as he reversed into me whilst I was hollding my newborn baby.

The chat advisor told me that there is no way for customers to contact AL and all they can do is pass the info on, but AL cannot contact me to discuss it.

That's ridiculous - how can a company possible operate without customers being able to contact them and vice versa?!
  • bugwoman
    bugwoman Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I've had to endure Amazon Logistics being the courier for 3 parcels, all orders having been placed on the same day:
    1 - a paperback book. Email notifying me of that day's delivery sent after I had left the house to go to work. Delivery attempt made around 11am. Email sent to say that, as the parcel was too large for the letterbox, a 2nd delivery would be attempted on the next working day. 2.5 hours later (I'm still at work...) the 2nd unsuccessful delivery attempt made. So much for next working day, when I had arranged to be at home!
    2 - a hardback book. Again, email notification sent after I had left for work. This time, I had an email to say it had been delivered, which was puzzling, as it's certainly too big to fit through the letterbox. Get home to find that the first parcel (paperback) has arrived (2 days late) and fitted through the letterbox just fine. No sign of the hardback, but card telling me that the parcel is with a neighbour called Michael (no house number included). A couple of days later I discovered which of my neighbours is Michael and managed to retrieve the parcel. One month on, Amazon still has the first parcel listed as "in transit", as the courier clearly forgot to report it had been delivered!
    3 - 2 spare glass inserts for a cafetiere. Email sent from supplier on 2nd Sept to say that expected delivery was 23rd Sept, so I waited to hear more, but on 18th Sept, I got a notification that my order had been refunded due to "Customer Return". No delivery attempt notification emails, no cards left - nothing. The supplier tells me that several delivery attempts were made, but they assumed I had returned the goods, so refunded the money. After an email exchange suggesting I have the parcel sent to my work address, I tried to re-order, but now it seems they no longer stock the items I wanted.
    It's put me right off using Amazon for anything, as they appear to be so chaotic and, in the last case, have prevented me getting the goods I ordered.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    After switching from Yodel to DPD and Royal Mail for most of my deliveries (Amazon Prime) I was pretty happy with Amazon.

It's all Amazon Logistics now and things are worse than they were even with Yodel. Awful. Vastly inferior to DPD, and if there's any chance of avoiding Amazon I now do.

I wonder how many other customers it's costing them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback