NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

Not a SFD as I bought something extra to add to my friend's present for tomorrow.

Today I am grateful for:-

- the builders next door finally putting up a gorgeous new fence, after having a temporary unsturdy fence for a month and the dogs going crazy when a builder walked past because it was a mesh fence.
    - the sunny weather
    - more hours temping
    - lots of text conversations with my friends
    - lovely gluten free food
    - the Animal Rescue Live program being on all week
    - my mum
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

Twas a decent day weather wise in Glasgow today so I managed to get two washes done and one dried outside. Sadly the washing basket is still overflowing.

Was a bit naughty though and agreed to go on a three night caravan Sun holiday with my sister in October. That's costing £45 but we'll keep spending money down by taking food along with us, she doesn't work and is even poorer than me so there's no pressure to splash the cash to not look like a tightwad :rotfl:

I've also agreed to a two week trial of having my milk delivered by a local firm. I know if I go ahead with it it'll cost more than shopping at a supermarket but we only get through around 8 pints a week so I don't imagine it'll be too expensive.

Got a surprise NHS exemption card through the post today (I didn't even apply for it) stating I'll get free dental care, prescriptions etc as I'm on a low income and receive tax credits. We already get free prescriptions in Scotland but I'll definitely take advantage and visit the dentist more regularly.

In other news:
    • Spends – have had another 3 NSDs so I'm now up to 7/15.
    • Time (for yourself) – I’ve finished another book but clearly didn't read it fast enough as I'm still 4 behind schedule according to Goodreads.
    • Take lunch to work 13 out of the 14 days I’ll be there - took lunch to work the 3 days I was in this week so I'm now up to 5/13.

Today I am grateful for: dry days, wee surprises and free stuff.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    Just popping in to report another nsd :j and my gratitudes for today.

Yellow sticker feast from the freezer
    DS having his friend here to keep him company
    Getting my crochet done and making progress on another project
    Time on my own to watch a film.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Feel as if I'm being a bit boring this month. Just been plodding along doing little bits and pieces. Finally gave in yesterday and tidied up the communal area. Two bin bags of rubbish mostly caused by the builders but not all of it.
    Treat - yet more cheesecake. I can't resist it.
    Gratitude:
    Nice sunny day although it's looking duller today.
    My two tiny neighbours who are just the funniest little children.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2017 at 9:49AM
    Options
    Good morning,

No SFD today as we need bread and another few things and then tomorrow I'll do the big weekly shop in L or A. This morning I took picture of my fridge, freezer and cupboard contents so I can plan the Sat shop a bit better if I get a chance at work today.

Went on the bike yesterday and today I might go for a swim. Salad for lunch but probably a treat dinner of chips, HM pasties and HM chicken gloujons.

If there are no volunteers yet I'd do September if ok (I know a bit early) . Got an idea and need to reign in my personal spending in again. Yes I needed jeans and got them of eBay for a fiver but could I have done with what's in my wardrobe? Did I need to buy the crochet bible (although only for 3 quid) or could I have looked up stitches online etc etc etc.

Till later
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • LD_13
    LD_13 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Reporting a NSD for yesterday, didn't get the chance to post as it was a late night. No NSD today as I bought cakes for my colleagues this morning and I didn't have anything in for lunch so I'll need to buy something which is a little annoying.

Lots to be grateful for yesterday:
    - catching up with a few ex colleagues & work suppliers over lunch and dinner, and meeting a few lovely new people.
    - having said lunch & dinner paid for me (why am i leaving this job again?!)
    - for an easy drive into work yesterday morning - the school hols make such a difference!

Taking some time for myself tonight, as much as I've loved being out the last 3 nights I am feeling it now. Bubble bath, face mask & catching up on the last episode of Wentworth.
    Visa - £368.99, Car loan (dad) - £3,690
    NSD - /18
    Food shop - £3.60/£100
    Super September Scrimper No. 28
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 August 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Spent in A1di yesterday, so running totals are now:

Cleaning £12.64
    Toiletries £2.74
    Gifts £9.76/ £75
    Clothes £26/ £120
    Food £126.08/ £450
    Meals out £13 / £250
    School shopping £43 / £300
    Car £0/ £150
    Money in £9.62/ £150

Clearly I need to up my game for money in! :rotfl:

Cleaning includes a 9 pack of loo rolls for DD @ uni, Toiletries includes stuff for DD @ uni & more tissues - OH has a really heavy cold and I have one starting, Food includes some bits for DD @ uni
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 August 2017 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Another NSD so I'm at 5/15. Minimum payment went out of the bank today towards the credit card so will update new figure.

Another day just plodding along. I'm looking forward to next week, I'm working from home on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off so only back in the office on Thursday. I'm going shopping on Wednesday with my friend for wedding bits and bobs so looking forward to that. We're also going to a BBQ (weather permitting) tomorrow so should be good. Means tomorrow will be a spendy day though as we will bring a bottle of wine or something so will need to spend for that! I'm not sure I'll get away with bringing the gin! OH might have something to say about that!

Gratitudes
    1) Fairly productive day at work
    2) No rain - I've been getting a little fed up walking back to the car in the rain so it's been nice not to have to lug my umbrella about
    3) The determination to stick to budget and not make unnecessary spends. I've not had takeaway coffee for weeks now!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies for being awol again. Financially it's been a rubbish couple of days. Lots of vet bills which I have had to put on the credit card :mad: I got out of debt earlier this year and I booked a holiday instead of making an emergency fund and now that's come back to bite me to be honest! Soooo now I have to have to be extra careful with my spends over the next few months and get the debt paid off (approx £500) and then focus on building an emergency fund early next year. Going to be present in a lot more of these monthly challenges that's for sure!

Today I'm grateful for :
    A really empathetic vet who helped me to do the right thing
    Colleagues at work who have definitely become friends
    The end of the working week!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful that a smidgen of rain did not prevent us going out and about, that the 'out and about' turned into 11k steps up and down the hills, that dd is so full of energy, that we have had a relaxing week away, for doing shred level 3.

Thrifty - yes please to you taking on September - nowt like planning ahead!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure