IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    GENERAL NOTE FOR THIS THREAD BECAUSE THE ARTICLE IS NOT UP TO DATE.

AT THE TIME OF WRITING IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO USE IT TO APPEAL A PRIVATE PARKING TICKET...

Use the appeal template in the NEWBIES thread here, (either IPC or BPA version as applicable):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

NEVER say who the driver was, with a private parking ticket.

DO NOT use the template appeal in the Parking Ticket Appeals guide.

Newbies should follow the forum advice instead.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • S_G
    S_G Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I was a member of Botanical Garden in Birmingham for years back in 2011-2014. They have a car park that members park for free. During the last year of membership they added this Parking system that you need to enter your vehicle registration number at the entrance or you will be fined. I did it every time until one day my kid ran inside and I forgot. We received a £60 parking ticket from Civil Enforcement Ltd with pictures of our car... I appealed and told them that I was a member there but they didn't accept then I complained to the Gardens and I didn't hear anything assuming it has been resolved.
    Last week after 3 years we received a letter that we should pay £140 or they send it to the court!
    I wrote to the Botanical Gardens saying this ticket is unfair but they haven't replied back. Can anyone help please.
    Thanks
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please keep this to your own thread - Hijacking this old/outdated thread won't get you the best of current help!
  • S_G
    S_G Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry, I have already made a new thread. Just to let you know the reason that me and many others posted on your thread is that when you search on Google for private parking tickets it guide us to your thread. I couldn't find any option on this page to make a new thread so I tried reply to see if it is making a new thread.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    this issue pops up a lot .... especially when using phones to browse ....

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

AT THE TIME OF WRITING IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO USE IT TO APPEAL A PRIVATE PARKING TICKET...

Use the appeal template in the NEWBIES thread here, (either IPC or BPA version as applicable):

I couldn't find any option on this page to make a new thread

When you think about it, you are obviously not going to be able to start a new thread 'on a thread'. I know you've managed it now but for other newbies PLEEEEEEEASE just go to the main parking forum board, and come off this old and out of date, unhelpful guide and thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not that difficult. There's the forum. NEW THREAD button and NEWBIES FAQs thread is there at the top (please read the latter FIRST).
  • Smurf1968
    Options
    Does anyone know if a ticket you buy in a car park has a unique reference?

Ive just been slapped a fine for £100 as when I closed my car door the ticket flipped over so you couldnt see the time etc....NB this is a parking charge notice.

However I see there is a number on both sides so am disputing the the fine as The ticket is timed for 13:44 and the fine was issued at 13:23.

As they didn't provide a sticky ticket Ink they should print both sides.

Do you think I have a chance of winning?

Thanks in advance,

Phillippa
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 October 2016 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Smurf1968 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a ticket you buy in a car park has a unique reference?

Ive just been slapped a fine for £100 as when I closed my car door the ticket flipped over so you couldnt see the time etc....NB this is a parking charge notice.

However I see there is a number on both sides so am disputing the the fine as The ticket is timed for 13:44 and the fine was issued at 13:23.

As they didn't provide a sticky ticket Ink they should print both sides.

Do you think I have a chance of winning?

Thanks in advance,

Phillippa

This thread contains old out of date information, and is not a place to ask questions either.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the main parking tickets page, then start your own thread if you need further help. Please don't post on here again. It really needs locking but MSE won't listen, so the alternative is that hopefully it will drop off the bottom out of site, never to be seen again.

Oh, and don't use your real name anywhere on the parking forum, and beware of posting very precise times from the ticket as well, and don't reveal who was driving. Only refer to, the keeper, or the driver. Parking companies read these fora.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

When you think about it, you are obviously not going to be able to start a new thread 'on a thread'. I know you've managed it now but for other newbies PLEEEEEEEASE just go to the main parking forum board, and come off this old and out of date, unhelpful guide and thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not that difficult. There's the forum. Read it!

NEW THREAD button and NEWBIES FAQs thread is there at the top (please read the latter FIRST).
  • ankushgami55
    ankushgami55 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 November 2016 at 12:06AM
    Options
    Hi,

I received a parking ticket on my windscreen at the go outdoors carpark in colindale yesterday for overstaying 2 hours. I did not see any signs however they provided picture evidence of their existence. Additionally the ticket says that my car make was a BMW when they took pictures clearly showing it was a Mercedes. Do you think this is grounds enough for the fine to be rescinded?

Not sure if it is worth contesting or paying the early fee of £60.

Thanks,
    Ankush
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family