Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• QuestionThrowaway
    Options
    Thanks, and will I receive an email saying that compensation has been put into my bank or we should I just keep checking my bank to see if it has been transferred?
  • p_camp1
    p_camp1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Recently flew out to Ibiza with Easyjet - scheduled arrival time was 13:45

we were approx 3 hours delayed departing - touching down at 16:55

As we were leaving, the air hostesses told all passengers that we were 3+ hours over the scheduled arrival time and that we should all put a claim in. so I did, Easyjet came back to say the flight arrived at 16:35 and therefore inside the 3 hours.
    Thats ridiculous, it was definitely 16:55 although I've no proof.

Just checked the Flightright site, and it also says it arrived at 16:35.

Could Easyjet have 'fudged' their arrival time so that they avoided all the claims?
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    p_camp1 wrote: »
    Recently flew out to Ibiza with Easyjet - scheduled arrival time was 13:45

we were approx 3 hours delayed departing - touching down at 16:55

As we were leaving, the air hostesses told all passengers that we were 3+ hours over the scheduled arrival time and that we should all put a claim in. so I did, Easyjet came back to say the flight arrived at 16:35 and therefore inside the 3 hours.
    Thats ridiculous, it was definitely 16:55 although I've no proof.

Just checked the Flightright site, and it also says it arrived at 16:35.

Could Easyjet have 'fudged' their arrival time so that they avoided all the claims?

Of course they could. The relevant time is when the doors were opened.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    p_camp1 wrote: »

No. Post your flight details, someone in here may be able to look it up. Or use Bott & Co's eligibility checker which is mentioned further up the page.
  • Shirepasty1
    Options
    hi,
    finally received email from EasyJet saying they will refund meals and hotels.
    No refund for our onward flights to Funchal after being left in Lisbon. We have a written copy of communication from EJ HQ to the pilot which states that onward flights would be paid for!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi,
    finally received email from EasyJet saying they will refund meals and hotels.
    No refund for our onward flights to Funchal after being left in Lisbon. We have a written copy of communication from EJ HQ to the pilot which states that onward flights would be paid for!

Ask them for a deadlock letter and to pass your claim on to CEDR so that they can adjudicate for you.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • billybraggtastic
    Options
    Having made a claim for compensation after flights for 4 travelling was cancelled, I received the following:

We’ve reviewed your claim and are pleased to say that you are eligible for EU261 Compensation.

Your flight was cancelled Due to our aircraft having a technical issue . This delay was within our control and is considered a non-extraordinary circumstance under EU law.

We have transfer 231.23GBP to the bank account details you gave us. Please allow at least 15 days for this to arrive in your account.

Once again we’re sorry for the cancellation of your flight and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Is this correct?
    :shocked: Debt @ January '10 =£79712 :shocked:

:dance: Debt @ November 2015 =£00000 :dance:
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Is this correct?

that is correct for one person, have the other 3 claimed too?
  • billybraggtastic
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    that is correct for one person, have the other 3 claimed too?

Thanks Caz3121, confirmed what I thought.

Truth is, when you fill out their form you would assume that you are making a claim for everyone on the booking - it asks for everyone in your party's details.

I'll get individual claims submitted.
    :shocked: Debt @ January '10 =£79712 :shocked:

:dance: Debt @ November 2015 =£00000 :dance:
  • araeho
    araeho Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All, I posted earlier but just an update on a claim against Easyjet where their defence is "Extraordinary Circumstances". I'm looking to any knowledgeable forum friends to advise what we should do next. I will type out an extract from the summary defence. We are pursuing via CEDR and we've got to respond:

"As explained above, the cancellation of flight was due to the delay caused to the proceeding flight EZY1888 from Munich Airport to Manchester Airport. Flight EXY1888 was delayed by the need to offload a passenger with a fear of flying at 14.47 hours. The aircraft was then given a departure slot of 15.21 hour. The aircraft was not ready to depart until 15.25 hours, arriving at Manchester airport 17.11 hours, 1 hour and 16 minutes after its scheduled arrival time. by that time, it was not possible for the crew who had arrived into Manchester to operate flight EZY1903 from Manchester Airport to Tenerife South Airport (and subsequently the flight) in accordance with the legal restrictions on their duty periods. Whilst Easyjet attempted to reallocate a crew operating to KRK, this was ultimately not possible. As a result the flight was rescheduled to depart 18.20 on 4th June 2017, which was the earliest possible departure slot (given that an aircraft had to fly from Manchester to Tenerife to accomplish the flight."

To confirm our flight was 20hours late, we were out up in a hotel over-night. We had my disabled father who had no medication which we were really worried about.

I'm looking for the forums advise as to how to respond but my first thoughts are:

1) Given all the flights Easyjet operate I would suggest a passenger having a fear of flying is inevitable from time to time and the schedules shouldn't be so tight not to be able to cope with an off-load.
    2) By their admission in the response they came into Manchester just 1hour and 16mins late- that doesn't seem too bad and if the crew are then out of hours then again that unrealistic planning and cant be extraordinary?
    3) I've read on the web somewhere that even if something is deemed "Extraordinary Circumstances" (I don't think this is) then they still have to operate flights after the circumstance has ended and plan in sufficient reserve time into their schedules. In my book they've failed to do that in our case as we were not the next flight but the one after that and surely an Extraordinary circumstance has a shelf life?
    4) Also read somewhere that knock on's are tricky to rule on and its each one on its merits but one of the factors is the resources available to the airline. If they are miles away from home base then there is less responsibility on them. Am I not correct in saying that Manchester is a main hub for Easyjet? That's what I picked up on an ITV documentary about Easyjet pilot training?

So.....

Do you think I'm on the right track? What should mu next steps be? Got until 19/9 to comment back on CEDR website to the airline defence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback