IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk Parking Control Ltd

Options

Comments

• Teto
    Teto Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks!! The exact letter is there!
  • VicksLester
    Options
    My son received a parking notice from PCM in the infamous Castle car park in Windsor. He was 7 minutes late in returning to his car. The 'fine' was £60 if paid within 14 days and would then rise to £100. I think I may have made a really silly error as I wrote to them and offered £10 (cheque was enclosed) as the car park was not nearly full I stated that they had not made a pecuniary loss, etc. I sent this by recorded post and the cheque, envelope, etc has now been returned to me with a letter stating that if I don't pay within etc..... they will seek to recover the monies from me. Do I ignore?
    Any help much appreciated and only wish I'd seen your threads before I wrote the letter!. Should also state that I am not the registered owner and I wasn't the driver - does that make a difference?
    Regards
    Vicks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:21PM
    Options
    IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD. This thread was form 2008 originally!!!!!!!!

STOP!

IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD. This thread was form 2008 originally!!!!!!!!

STOP!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • VicksLester
    Options
    Thank you for your amazingly quick reply Coupon-Mad. I'm up for any hassle that follows this. Should I complete the appeal to POPLA or just ignore?
    Vicks
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, you certainly could. Any POPLA decision is not binding on you, so you can revert to ignoring afterwards, but the appeal does cost the parking company £27 plus VAT regardless of the outcome.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • zipman23
    zipman23 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just to let you know it must be well over 6 months since my last correspondence with UKPC's "legal team". I think they've finally got the message loud and clear now.

However, I have noticed that they have literally overtaken the Sainsburys car park next to my work. There are signs all over the place.....this should be fun if they dare slap a ticket on my windscreen again!
    English by birth. GEORDIE by the grace of God.
  • zipman23
    zipman23 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    By the way...what is a POPLA? I am intrigued!
    English by birth. GEORDIE by the grace of God.
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Parking On Private Land Appeals.

More information is here, though not the official website it is far more truthful! www.popla.me.uk/index.html
  • Bollox2em
    Options
    Went to Halfords on a retail park in Northampton with a booked appointment to have a phone kit fitted in my van. As its a lwb van I parked in the empty part of the car park and ran into the shop to find out exactly where they wanted me to park to have the kit fitted.
    I have the timed receipt and total time in the shop 3 mins came out to the scum bag taking a photo of the van and his little envelope on the screen. After threatening to shove it where the sun doesn't shine I stupidly filled out the appeal on line telling them to poke it.
    Quel surprise my appeal has been rejected!! Probably as I put the ticket in their envelope and sent it back without a stamp on.
    It's going to be fun ignoring them.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Yes enjoy ignoring the scammers, or you could cost them £32 by going to popla considering you appealed, did they give you a code for it ? They must give it if they are in the bpa aos and it was in England or Wales on or after 01/10/12. Demand their final response and come back here for a defence if you wish. If you lose at popla it's not binding on you and can continue to ignore.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure