Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• hollowhead
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome! Well done to the miss slinkies and good luck for the next challenge everyone :)
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Flat Eric - it might be the free book from the countdown offer? I should get mine this week - it finished last week and the book is released for general sale either this week or next I believe :)

Today:
    breakfast: cup of tea (milk from hea) and a hifi ...to be honest I forgot about eating until gone 11!
    copious cups of tea at work with hea semi skimmed!
    lunch: jacket potato with beans and a side salad (red onion, cucumber, tomato, lettuce)
    afternoon: I have a free muller light and second hi fi to snaffle
    tea: I'm thinking probably savoury mince and rice - approx4 syns ...I thought it was more but just discovered the minestrone soup is 6 syns (or if I get the morrisons one its a 400g can for a hea :O) and 1 syn per tsp for bisto (use 2 tbsp. usually so 4 syn) making each portion (we get 3 from it (1 each for me and oh and 1/2 for littlie with 1/2 left for me for a lunch) making it 3.33 syn per portion! amazing :D
    syns: 4 for 2x lotus biscuit, 6 for 4x chocolate fingers. will be over by one as ive saved some hea for a hot choc (2 syn) :D

was naughty and weighed myself this morning...in four different places in the bathroom haha but all showed a loss :O we will see come Thursday!

Next week will be harder as I'm in London for work on Thursday - breakfast will be hifi bars on the train, will take some peppermint tea bags with me so as not to worry about hea, lunch is provided but usually pretty decent (will need a different group - will probably weigh and run on a Saturday morning) then its oh's bday on the Friday so need to be extra aware of what I'm choosing!

ETA:

Please can I go for 7lb as my challenge target?
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Free gift is a voucher for a free SW ready meal. Mine was received last night- redeemed this afternoon and consumed about an hour ago :D
    Full of cold- bah. I’m turning the lights off and slinking off up to bed to feel sorry for myself :D
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks so much for the new thread kathrynha and congratulations to everyone on the last challenge: 80%+ is an amazing result!!:T

Welcome dusty. It sounds like you've been through the mill but you've done ever so well to get this far and welcome back FE.:)

dawyldthing, that popcorn is 3.5 syns for just a 15g bag so 85g is....a lot of syns!:eek:

I think it's great that you've remembered everything you ate over the long weekend MrsR. You may have not chosen SW stuff all the time but you're obviously in control.:)

The Hairy Bikers gravy is the very best IMO chris. I call it free as it has just a teaspoon of cornflour for 4 good portions. I suppose you could double it up and freeze some I've never tried although I always keep a portion to have with my lunch the next day.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 fried eggs, HEB toast, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham, cottage cheese and pickles, raspberries & 0% yogurt
    D: savoury mince, potatoes , carrots, broccoli, cauli, peas
    Syns: none
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,459 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi! Dusty here,69 yr old grandma,avid reader,and someone who has had numerous health issues the last 4 years (stroke,cancer,hystrectomy,2 knee replacements to name a few!).Almost totally housebound,in pain and depressed,so cue copious comfort eating resulting in a huge weight gain,and I was hefty to begin with.It took a year to get enough improvement in my knees to begin some exercise. Up o being able to walk half a mile now. Doesnt sound much but to me its wonderful. can get out,with only one stick,and can do a little shopping,at least one bag full! lol. It feels wonderful.
    I have finally got round to losing some weight, at Slimming World.I have lost 43 lbs since April,and am down to losing half to one pound a week,which may not be spectacular,but is feasible,and hopefully wont lead to regainig it. So happy to get out of the morbidly obese level,have reduced my BMI from 40 to 33. I hope to use this challenge to inspire me,with a mini goal of getting my BMI to below 32,about 10 pounds to lose.
    My weigh in day is Tuesday,not so sure if I lost anything this week!
    Here are my stats for weight loss this year
    MY STATS
    Pre Slimming World:starting BMI - 40.Weight loss for March/April - 1 stone .
    1st goal - Get out of the morbidly obese level,i.e.below 35 BMI. COMPLETED 1/8/17
    2nd goal - reach my Club 10 target COMPLETED 8/9/17
    3rd goal - get my BMI below 32 (14 st 2lbs)
    weigh-in: 24 Oct ) - loss: 1 pound
    total loss this year 3 st 1lb (43lbs/18 kg)
    BMI - 33.25.
    Wish me luck!

Hello & welcome to MSE.
    You picked a lovely thread for your first post.
    You have been on an amazing journey so far.
    Wishing you well on the rest ot it :)
    Keep popping on & posting.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,459 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    kathrynha~~Thank you as always for all your hard work on the thread.
    It is much appreciated.

7 lbs for me in this challange.Thanks :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 31 October 2017 at 8:01PM
    Options
    I only maintained today,not sure why there was no loss :(
    Not off to much of a start,pity my weigh in is Tuesday.
    The major problem for me is Mr Dusty,who is 79,fit as a flea not even needing a walking stick. He has strong ideas on what he wants to eat and stubbornly refuses to change even one item. In particularly he loves rice,curries,and roast potatoes,which he eats at least once a day. By time I have cooked his meals with all their delicious sauces and roasties and he eats two big meals a day, I am either too tired of hobbling about on my stick making his meals that I either just eat on the run myself,or (all too often) fall into the temptation to eat those delicious meals!:eek:
    I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 in late March(thats when I started slimming.) and persuaded the diabetic nurse to hold off for a year from starting me on medication,to see if I can control it by diet alone.
    I loved the old Green Day style,masses of carbs,but now that I must cut the carbs many of the SW meals that I loved are out of the window,and finding time for preparing all those extra veggies isnt easy.I never seem to have the time to really sit down and read all the SW book or plan my meals.Cutting out bread,sweets,sugar and processed food has achieved my loss of 3 st 1 lb,but I think that may no longer be enough to keep losing.So starting this challenge may give me the incentive to dig in and sort out a plan of eating to continue my average loss of 1 lb a week.

So I am starting at a baseline of 3 st 1 lb lost,and my goal is to lose 8 lbs,to get under the 32 BMI level
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The major problem for me is Mr Dusty,who is 79,fit as a flea not even needing a walking stick. He has strong ideas on what he wants to eat and stubbornly refuses to change even one item. In particularly he loves rice,curries,and roast potatoes,which he eats at least once a day. By time I have cooked his meals with all their delicious sauces and roasties and he eats two big meals a day, I am either too tired of hobbling about on my stick making his meals that I either just eat on the run myself,or (all too often) fall into the temptation to eat those delicious meals!:eek:
    I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 in late March(thats when I started slimming.) and persuaded the diabetic nurse to hold off for a year from starting me on medication,to see if I can control it by diet alone.
    I loved the old Green Day style,masses of carbs,but now that I must cut the carbs many of the SW meals that I loved are out of the window,and finding time for preparing all those extra veggies isnt easy.I never seem to have the time to really sit down and read all the SW book or plan my meals.Cutting out bread,sweets,sugar and processed food has achieved my loss of 3 st 1 lb,but I think that may no longer be enough to keep losing.So starting this challenge may give me the incentive to dig in and sort out a plan of eating to continue my average loss of 1 lb a week.

So I am starting at a baseline of 3 st 1 lb lost,and my goal is to lose 8 lbs,to get under the 32 BMI level

A maintain is better than a gain.

Rice, curries and roast potatoes can be okay for you on SW.
    Plain rice is fine.
    Curries can be fine if you use frylight instead of oil, the meat is lean and the sauce is veg based.
    Roast potatoes can be done with frylight too.

My hubby is a bit of a stubborn stuck in his ways type too who doesn't need to lose any weight. I hide lots of veg in what he eats.
    If hubby doesn't like the amount of veg you want to add, just do it in 2 separate pans.

As for the time for veg prep, I use a lot of frozen veg. It is so easy, straight from the freezer to the pan.
    Zebras rock
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Hi lovely to see the new thread and all the newbies joining in.
    I'm still in target range (despite an incident with a very large consignment of jelly beans - nuff said)
    Happy with where I am so I won't be setting a target but as always will be battling to get to the bottom of the range and that seems to keep me on track.
    Just about to scoff a big plateful of spaghetti with mushroom and Stilton sauce (3 syns) and the n 2 hifi bars with bake off.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi! Dusty here,69 yr old grandma,avid reader,and someone who has had numerous health issues the last 4 years (stroke,cancer,hystrectomy,2 knee replacements to name a few!).Almost totally housebound,in pain and depressed,so cue copious comfort eating resulting in a huge weight gain,and I was hefty to begin with.It took a year to get enough improvement in my knees to begin some exercise. Up o being able to walk half a mile now. Doesnt sound much but to me its wonderful. can get out,with only one stick,and can do a little shopping,at least one bag full! lol. It feels wonderful.
    I have finally got round to losing some weight, at Slimming World.I have lost 43 lbs since April,and am down to losing half to one pound a week,which may not be spectacular,but is feasible,and hopefully wont lead to regainig it. So happy to get out of the morbidly obese level,have reduced my BMI from 40 to 33. I hope to use this challenge to inspire me,with a mini goal of getting my BMI to below 32,about 10 pounds to lose.
    My weigh in day is Tuesday,not so sure if I lost anything this week!
    Here are my stats for weight loss this year
    MY STATS
    Pre Slimming World:starting BMI - 40.Weight loss for March/April - 1 stone .
    1st goal - Get out of the morbidly obese level,i.e.below 35 BMI. COMPLETED 1/8/17
    2nd goal - reach my Club 10 target COMPLETED 8/9/17
    3rd goal - get my BMI below 32 (14 st 2lbs)
    weigh-in: 24 Oct ) - loss: 1 pound
    total loss this year 3 st 1lb (43lbs/18 kg)
    BMI - 33.25.
    Wish me luck!
    Welcome Dusty, think i "know " you from somewhere else :D
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Thanks for the new thread kathrynha, and thanks all for the welcome :)
    My target for this challenge is -7lb.

Now I've plucked up the courage to join I feel really motivated to stick with it this time....

Posting your weekly plan is a big help dawyldthing, thanks.

Can I ask if anyone has any tips for a quick, easy gravy - I do like gravy on my veggies :o
    Dont be scared Chris:p I dont eat people only lots of food:rotfl::rotfl: and i use bisto best and dont syn it:eek::eek:

Oh yes it is you:j:j:j:j glad you came over x

MSM thanks, tonight we had pie, pic to follow:D but first time since i started SW i didnt eat all my tea:eek:
    Kathryn thanks for new thread and good luck for tonight xxx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure