IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks 'Parking Charge Notice'

Options

Comments

• Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    Don't worry they will not take it any further. Think about it, if they thought they had a case they would have issued court papers by now, instead they are offering a reduced price in the hope you will pay up.
    Obviously a new tactic, forums like this are hitting their profits hard and they are getting desperate!
  • albon
    albon Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have been issued a parking ticket by euro car parks. I arrived at morrisons without any change and a 2 yr old daughter desperate for the loo. I explained to a member of morrisons staff that I had no change for the pay and display machine and I was told that as long as I spent over £1 in the store parking was free, with that I took my daughter to the loo, and spent £7 in morrisons cafe. I returned to the car within half an hour to find a ticket with £50 charge increasing to £70 if the fine was not paid within 2 weeks. I went back in store and complained to the manager, he said he would contact euro car parks in an attempt to have the charge withdrawn. He took my ticket and receipt and said he would call me with any news but has not contacted me since. What should I do next?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    See my reply in the other thread
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    • do not pay
    • do not contact them
    • ignore threatening junkmail from Euro and 'Control Account'
    • they will give up and go away

I don't bother ever buying a ticket on Morrisons and just ignore their crap.

By the way, it's not a fine, it's an unenforceable invoice.
  • pipsi_2
    pipsi_2 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    So an update on my Newcastle City council PCN, i called the Council the day after i posted on here, they advised me to submit TE9 and TE7 to the courts, (witness statement and late witness statement forms) it didn't cost me anything, i emailed them off and then rang the bailiffs to let them know i submitted the forms, they were as rude and awful as the first time i rang but the guy said he would note it on the system. I've been away since Tuesday morning so as far as i'm aware the court would have informed the Council and the bailiffs on the Tuesday morning that i had submitted the forms. I asked for confirmation that my email had been received by the TEC and also asked what would happen next when i sent it but haven't had anything back. I'll ring the council tomorrow to confirm that they've received notification. A mate of mine as offered to help me get my letters scanned into my computer so as soon as they're scanned in i'll post them here and on pepipoo. The council confirmed that if the late witness statement is taken into account it returns to the NTO stage at which i can file an appeal, if it's turned down i would only need to pay the £50, not the £93.

I've decided to ignore the Euro Parks letter.
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ohhh the Morrisons use these people.

Gave me three tickets, all because I stayed 10 minutes over there due time, I say ticket, in fact it's a little note saying 'please fool for me, pay me within 7 days or I start making cold tea'

OP this is NOT a ticket, nor enforceable in any court.

Simply ignore it, you will get a few letters from Euro car parks and then a few letters from someone claiming to be acting on 'behalf' of them (read small print its often them still, trading as a different name!)

I would shred the letters and get on with your day

IGNORE
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pipsi wrote: »
    So an update on my Newcastle City council PCN, i called the Council the day after i posted on here, they advised me to submit TE9 and TE7 to the courts, (witness statement and late witness statement forms) it didn't cost me anything, i emailed them off and then rang the bailiffs to let them know i submitted the forms, they were as rude and awful as the first time i rang but the guy said he would note it on the system. I've been away since Tuesday morning so as far as i'm aware the court would have informed the Council and the bailiffs on the Tuesday morning that i had submitted the forms. I asked for confirmation that my email had been received by the TEC and also asked what would happen next when i sent it but haven't had anything back. I'll ring the council tomorrow to confirm that they've received notification. A mate of mine as offered to help me get my letters scanned into my computer so as soon as they're scanned in i'll post them here and on pepipoo. The council confirmed that if the late witness statement is taken into account it returns to the NTO stage at which i can file an appeal, if it's turned down i would only need to pay the £50, not the £93.

I've decided to ignore the Euro Parks letter.

Council screwing drivers yet again.

Sorry but I really hate the fact the council give tickets out.

1) Maybe if public transport wasn't so cr*p people wouldn't need to use there car

2) Maybe if they put a free car park somewhere in there area, at least one, maybe people would have some where to part and not have to park where they like to 'issue' tickets

3) Some parking attendants need to get a life, thinking there above everyone else

Rant over :o
  • pipsi_2
    Options
    Still trying to get the letters onto my computer (regarding my Newcastle City Council fine) in a way that the files are small enough to upload. I sent the email to Northampton County Court on Monday evening, in the email i asked for someone to reply to my email to confirm receipt, as of yet i have not had an email back. What happens now? I haven't heard anything at all, should i have had at least an acknowledgement letter from the court yet or some sort of information as to what happens next? What does happen next? Do i just wait for something to come in the post?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pipsi, you don't even know for sure that the bailiffs have been called off?

Post about it on pepipoo asap, see their FAQs about how to post pictures:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Pepipoo have experience on what to do and - once you are SURE the matter has been re-set to NTO stage - they can help you do a formal appeal which will have enough clout to possibly get that ticket cancelled in the end.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pipsi_2
    Options
    ok, i've managed to scan all of my documents in and have uploaded them onto my thread on Pepipoo, just awaiting some help and advice now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure