Tax Credits Helpline, unable to get through!

Options

Comments

• funkypak
    Options
    Same process as above for 2 and half hours yesterday until the lines closed. Had already tried intermitently for the last few days. Called the overseas number and got through straightaway, but the woman told me she couldn't take my call and I didn't want to lie about where I lived encase it messed up my payments.
    Finally got through to a queue today in the normal helpline which was a relief to me after getting cut off for every five minutes for two and half hours yesterday.

Waited 35 minutes and got my renewal done in the space of a few minutes. They didn't say anything about it being late and just said they are very busy today. Just so glad that it's over with!!

Next year I will post it away as soon as I get it!
  • alilouis
    Options
    You lot have been lucky, I was in communication with HMRC a month ago over TC but was unable to renew at the time due to a few problems. I had also misplaced my returns envelope and asked for a replacement but they advised me to use the hotline instead. I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to get through to no avail. Tried various times, redialed for hours but I kept getting cut off after going all the way through choices or got an engaged tone which then flat lined:mad:_pale_
    I've now missed the blooming deadline!!! What a numpty! :mad: _pale_
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone on here is saying that they've been trying to ring for the past two to three weeks, and not getting through. Why didnt you just send the renewal form back then? at least it would have arrived before the deadline.
  • patricia73
    Options
    I have tried the 01355 nr and they now have an automated message that tells you to ring the 0345 nr as you are in the uk.

Ive been ringing for days and just like the rest of you keep getting engaged on we can not help you at present.

Im going to send my renewal by post and keep a copy and continue ringing just in case. Im also worried about the missed deadline, but ive read the blogs and hopefully I can appeal if the stop my payments or any other nightmare that may happen.

I suggest that if you have the time to complain please do. HMRC needs to register complaints and hopefully they will put more staff or lines in next year!

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • tonyban
    tonyban Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    phoned last week to inform of change and renew - did not have final pay for 2012 accurate - been trying to phone since monday - (at least 40 times) put on loop, then after four minutes 20 sec each occasion told "...we can't deal with your request now..." and it cuts off. same thing this morning at 9.15 and 12.30
  • tonyban
    Options
    got through on the overseas number but put on hold for quite some time. 01355359007
  • tonyban
    Options
    phoned the 01355359007 number (must be in scotland) dealt with within 10 minutes despite a delay at first
  • jordanchaos
    jordanchaos Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Phoned the standard number at 8:50 - all done before 9 -
    currently a 13 week delay processing... I'm sorry WHAT?!?! there is only 52 weeks in the year
  • harryposter
    Options
    Lindilou wrote: »
    Ive been trying since saturday and was on the phone at 8 this morning and just tried a minute ago and still cant get through. I also tried 01355359007 and cut me off. My phone bill is going 2b terrible and when your struggling as a family its not good. Its now driving me mad and dont know what to do. I feel like giving up but if i do my credit will stop.
    Anyone with any ideas

Giving up is exactly what this government wants you to do... :mad:
    Keep trying! And then log a complaint with Ofcom and Watchdog about your phone bill.
  • mmostynthomas
    Options
    Well, the deadline has passed and I've only now been informed that my payments have stopped due to me not giving them the updated information in time. I tried calling them today - 21st August 2012 - and exactly the same problem is occurring. I really don't think it matters what day of the year you call, or even what time of day. They still cut you off. You might as well fill in the form and send it back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure