12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was in maternity stuff at 12/13weeks like jeans, leggings and bras as it was just so much more comfy so don't worry :) at my 16 week it was just urine, blood pressure, general well-being chat and I got to hear the heartbeat (although this can be slightly variant depending on your area and midwife). I've not had to have any iron tablets so I'm not sure on the size of then I'm afraid. If you do have to take them they might have out in another form to make it easier for you.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • woollisox
    woollisox Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    I have my bloods done every 4 weeks or so, but I've got vitamin deficiencies so have them done fairly regularly anyway (every 3 months or so). At my 16 weeks appointment I think they talked about the results of the blood tests I had had at my 12 weeks scan and did some more, but if I'm honest I don't know if that's normal.
    Has anyone used something called Spatone? My friends given me a huge box of it as it's apparently good for raising energy levels and it's for pregnancy. Haven't got around to trying to it yet so wondering if anyone else has?
    19 weeks today :)
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    It's just another vitamin supplement, and includes iron but iron can cause constipation so maybe avoid unless needed/prescribed.

I've just gone onto the big thread, 24weeks today
  • woollisox
    Options
    Oh thank you, irons pretty much the only one where the levels are fine so don't want to be messing with them. Think I'll give it a miss.
    My OH asked me the other day when I was going to get a pregnancy bump. When asked what he means, he said that I don't look pregnant pregnant, I just look like I've put loads of weight on! He's in the doghouse, But he's sort of right. I don't have a defined bump, just some sort of general mass I've been avoiding actually looking at. Can't wait for my bump to fully come. 19+3 today so I thought I'd at least have the beginnings of one by now.
    4 days til the big gender reveal! So excited !!!!
  • Jojo_fry
    Jojo_fry Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone else having real trouble sleeping now? I'm 16+4 and cannot get through the night without waking up either to go to the loo or because I can't get comfortable. I haven't put on much weight and hardly have a bump but given that you're not supposed to lie on your back after 16 weeks, I'm trying to lie on my side and just end up getting pins and needles down one side :(
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Jojo_fry wrote: »
    but given that you're not supposed to lie on your back after 16 weeks, I'm trying to lie on my side and just end up getting pins and needles down one side :(

Just popping back to say that I still find that at 28 weeks I wake up sleeping on my back even if I go to sleep on my side. I wouldn't worry too much, but if you want to stick with side sleeping, maybe use some pillows to support/prop yourself up? Also try different positions - sleeping on my side does make my arms go tingly and numb sometimes, but not always, so I reckon exact position must have an effect.
  • woollisox
    Options
    I've found my self tossing and turning all night since about 9 weeks, I like to think baby's just making sure were prepared when it's here.

Had my 20 weeks scan yesterday! Everything is healthy and I found out that 'it' is a little girl! So ecstatic! Could not wait to tell anyone and everyone who would listen:)
    OH is thrilled too, even if he is already dreading the teenage years lol x
  • PeppaCoin
    PeppaCoin Posts: 141 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello ladies, could I join please?

I am 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my second baby - another boy! Pleased that sickness is over and done with. The only real symptoms I get at the minute are the normal aches and pains and some itching on my tummy, particularly at night.

My first son is 4yrs old and super excited about his brother arriving in August. I live with my husband and son in North Yorkshire and was on this forum all the time when I was expecting my first son. A facebook group was formed for a bunch of us who found the facebook app easier to use on our phones, rather than this site. Is there anything similar this time for people due in the third quarter of the year?
  • moreofthegoodstuff
    Options
    Any tips for really itchy stretch marks? They are driving me mad!!!
  • saver-j
    saver-j Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, nervously looking to join this thread if anyone's around?

I'm 14 weeks and just starting to believe this might happen, although still massively anxious at times (I had 2 mcs last year so am really worried about something going wrong).

Just starting to look at some maternity trousers, as though my tops, jeans and casual trousers all ok at the moment, work ones are feeling pretty snug. I hate online shopping at the best of times as I like to try things on before I buy, but looks like that just isn't an option.

moreof thegoodstuff hope your itching is easier, other than keeping moisturised I've no recommendations I'm afraid. Also think it's recommended to speak to midwife about severe itching?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback