Good and bad buys from Aldi and Lidl

Options

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Put up a really long post and lost it, sigh.
    Yes, the green packeted crispbreads are sesame.

Do try the fresh cream cakes in the chiller if your Aldi has them. Beautiful. 89p

The Specialbuy large shopping baskets are back, make much safer laundry baskets as they can be held in one hand. A lot of accidents happen because people carrying heavy laundry baskets with two hands can't see where they are stepping. £4.99

Chopped garlic, ginger and chilli in tubes on Specialbuy. 89p

Eye cream back on Specialbuy next week, brilliant stuff. £2.49

RTD chilled coffee is still 49p. Lovely stuff, great pick me up after shopping.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you are an Aussie shampoo and conditioner fan, on 29th May, Aldi are having their equivalent to Mega and Miracle Moist shampoos and conditioners for £1.99 for 300ml.

Unfortunately for me they aren't doing the spray in conditioner as I find normal conditioner makes my thick hair look flat and dull.

Please Aldi product development team read this.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Also next week in the Aldi beauty line, the Lacura eye cream that matches the facial serum is back on Specialbuy.

This is the one in a pump pot. I will have to buy a couple, I ran out of it this week, but at £2.49 for 15ml it won't break the bank.

The eye cream is great, comes in two varieties, Renew Q10 (for u-45 skin) and Restorative Ca (o-45)
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Bublin1
    Bublin1 Posts: 724 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone seen/purchased the Japanese Acer plants in Aldi? Are they decent quality?
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bublin1 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen/purchased the Japanese Acer plants in Aldi? Are they decent quality?

I haven't bought an acer but my rosemary, olive, bay and lavender trees from Aldi are excellent. I'd say most of their plants are good provided they haven't been hanging around too long as nothing gets watered. But you can be lucky and get something bedraggled reduced and bring them back to rude health as I did with my two box plants.:)
  • Bublin1
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I haven't bought an acer but my rosemary, olive, bay and lavender trees from Aldi are excellent. I'd say most of their plants are good provided they haven't been hanging around too long as nothing gets watered. But you can be lucky and get something bedraggled reduced and bring them back to rude health as I did with my two box plants.:)

Thanks. I'm going to pop down to my local soon...after I drop little one to gymnastics.
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
  • Bublin1
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got a red Acer. Looks good. Only been on sale since Thursday and the soil was as dry as chip!
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bublin1 wrote: »

That would depend upon the individual store. Some treat their plants well and water regularly whilst others neglect them and they're half dead. I saw some acers at the store last night but to be honest I've seen better examples in my local nursery for the same money.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • ymakesmile
    ymakesmile Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Re the Aldi washing stuff. I use the Almat biological gel and coloured gel and both are the equal of Ariel in my book. I don't use the fabric softeners, as nothing beats Lenor. Aldi do have Lenor on Specialbuy from time to time. Their stain remover (also regularly on Specialbuy) is excellent.

Edit: Purpleshoes, I am a tutor... I wish I had students like you!

Can i ask, whats the difference between biological colour and plain biological?
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Discount supermarkets on ITV now. How the big supermarkets are responding to competition from Aldi and Lidl
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport