Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Twig please could you move me to 2ww - 5dpo - I have over-ridden FF as there is a clear OV pattern to my temps but I think being ill pre-ov has affected the app - my pre-ov temps were much higher than usual.
    Who knows what is going on, but based on cheapie OPKs, clear blue digital opk, CM and now 5 raised temps I'm happy to go with what my body is saying rather than an app :)

Sorry you've been feeling down hotcookie, glad you are feeling more positive now :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • athensgeorgia
    athensgeorgia Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsNubs wrote: »
    I had my internal ultrasound on Saturday and she found no evidence of PCOS, although the lining of my womb was a little too thick. This may be because I haven't had a period in over 50 days, or possibly that I am very early stages of PG.

This is interesting. Does anyone know if it makes a difference the thickness of the womb lining? I'm sure someone on here got a BFP after a very long cycle but I was getting a little concerned if the lining is too thick (i.e. long cycles) will it not stick? Or should I just be glad to be having a cycle because I have PCOS.
  • MrsNubs
    MrsNubs Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    That's a really good point Athens. I've just done a quick bit of research and it looks like it's quite a delicate balance. One of the effects of the pill is to thin the lining to make it harder for an egg to implant, but if it's too thick this can also hinder implantation. According to the internet after AF it's normally 3mm, by OV it's between 6-13mm but over 15mm may hinder implantation.
  • athensgeorgia
    Options
    That's a really good point Athens. I've just done a quick bit of research and it looks like it's quite a delicate balance. One of the effects of the pill is to thin the lining to make it harder for an egg to implant, but if it's too thick this can also hinder implantation. According to the internet after AF it's normally 3mm, by OV it's between 6-13mm but over 15mm may hinder implantation.

How are we supposed to know it's becoming too thick unless we have scans each month? I know OV usually triggers AF 14ish days later but are our bodies so clever they know not to trigger AF until the lining is a certain thickness to start with?? I know this is all reading a bit in to it but could it all be part of a finely tuned mechanism? I definitely remember someone getting a BFP and they were on a really long cycle at least 100 days. Surely 100 days of no AF means the lining would have built up so much to be too thick or is that persons body increasing the womb lining at such a slow rate it took 100 days for OV to trigger.

Yes I do have too much time on my hands today.
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Hey hotcookie. I think we've all had those feelings and it's so hard seeing happy pregnant people everywhere. Hope you're ok. Sending baby dust to you x
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig
    Options
    Hey MrsNubs. Didn't get a chance to post last night as it was a bit late. Glad the scan told you something rather than nothing. At least they have something to work right with. What's the next step?
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD22 kirtsypoos - 5 dpo
    CD39 athensgeorgia - 6 dpo
    CD25 Zeni - 11 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD5 Cherry Gale - awaiting ov
    CD6 Chelle22 - awaiting ov
    CD14 twigpig - awaiting ov
    CD16 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD61 DSM348 - awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD4 thrift360

:EasterBun

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T

Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    sulphate 31/01/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • MrsNubs
    Options
    Athens Obviously I don't know the answers, but all very good points. I don't know if the thickness is related to the release of hormones, so wouldn't thicken too much until your hormones start gearing up for OV, or if it's something else. The Dr didn't seem overly concerned about mine, so I presume it doesn't have too negative an affect if it is too thick.

Twig, yes, definitely good to have some more knowledge. Next step is back to GP to see what she recommends. We've only been trying since October so it may be a 'wait a few more months' situation, but I'll certainly keep you all posted.

I'm still holding out some hope for a BFP, nipple soreness and severe backache are still both coming and going. Trying to hold out on testing for as long as possible but may use FMU tomorrow
  • athensgeorgia
    Options
    Athens Obviously I don't know the answers, but all very good points.

I was just pondering to be honest and got a bit carried away.
    I'm still holding out some hope for a BFP, nipple soreness and severe backache are still both coming and going. Trying to hold out on testing for as long as possible but may use FMU tomorrow

I have my FX for you. And applaud your restraint not to be testing on a daily basis like I do but I am a self-confessed POAS-aholic.
  • MrsNubs
    Options
    Haha, I used to be a POAS addict but now I just find it too upsetting. I actually put it off because I'm scared of the negative result. All the time I don't test I can convince myself it's going to be positive.

(Also DH got fed up of me spending a fortune on tests)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback