Forum Home » Marriage, Relationships & Families

Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 - Page 271

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

6.2K replies 532.3K views

Replies

• Hi all

Just doing my 3 monthly, all quiet here except I seemed to have gone from a 30 day to 40 day cycle! :eek:

We forked out the money to go to a private clinic after getting money off at The Fertility Show. My lovely doctor also agreed to do a bunch of blood tests beforehand to help. Thankfully they showed whilst my egg reserve is going down, it's not gone completely, I'm currently on a AMH of 13, with a FSH of 3.2. They also did an in-depth scan which showed a whole bunch of eggies with me about to ovulate.
    They have of course recommended natural IVF which is less drugs and hormones, but want me to lose weight first.
    So I've got to lose a bunch of weight before the end of July when we have arranged to go back, however they see no reason it cant happen naturally.

So 10lbs gone, and only another 100lbs to go! :rotfl:
  • ZeniZeni Forumite
    424 posts
    Hi all

Just doing my 3 monthly, all quiet here except I seemed to have gone from a 30 day to 40 day cycle! :eek:

We forked out the money to go to a private clinic after getting money off at The Fertility Show. My lovely doctor also agreed to do a bunch of blood tests beforehand to help. Thankfully they showed whilst my egg reserve is going down, it's not gone completely, I'm currently on a AMH of 13, with a FSH of 3.2. They also did an in-depth scan which showed a whole bunch of eggies with me about to ovulate.
    They have of course recommended natural IVF which is less drugs and hormones, but want me to lose weight first.
    So I've got to lose a bunch of weight before the end of July when we have arranged to go back, however they see no reason it cant happen naturally.

So 10lbs gone, and only another 100lbs to go! :rotfl:

That's good news :) Amazing news with 10lb down already!

I'm with you on the weight, I really have to loose some as it will only help with getting pregnant I hope..rejoining slimming world tomorrow.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • twigpigtwigpig Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Hey slinky selina, glad you're keeping well and 10lbs weight loss is awesome. Well done to you.

Hugs cherry gale.....

Thrift, I have everything crossed for you
    TTC #3..........
    1.2K posts
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD36 athensgeorgia - 3 dpo
    CD22 Zeni - 8 dpo
    CD26 thrift360 - 12 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD11 twigpig - awaiting ov
    CD13 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD19 kirtsypoos - awaiting ov
    CD58 DSM348 - awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 Cherry Gale
    CD4 Chelle22

:EasterBun

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T

Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    sulphate 31/01/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • edited 15 May 2017 at 10:08PM
    twigpigtwigpig Forumite
    1.2K posts
    edited 15 May 2017 at 10:08PM
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD37 athensgeorgia - 4 dpo
    CD23 Zeni - 9 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD5 Chelle22 - awaiting ov
    CD12 twigpig - awaiting ov
    CD14 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD20 kirtsypoos - awaiting ov
    CD59 DSM348 - awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 thrift360
    CD3 Cherry Gale

:EasterBun

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T

Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    sulphate 31/01/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • Congrats on the BFP Orange.

Sorry AF got you Cherry and Chelle.

I think I must be a lesson why you should be doing OPK's. Had a very large amount of EWCM yesterday and this morning and had sore b00bies both days which makes me think I may not have OV'd yet and this cycle is even longer than I thought it was going to be. I had thought my OV symptoms were quite weak and it would explain it if it wasn't real OV. Since my MC in Dec 2015 OV and AF symptoms have been more pronounced so should have known really. CD 37 and will probably OV in the next couple of days which is slightly depressing, my chances are getting shorter and shorter as my cycles are getting longer and longer. :'(
    1.2K posts
    Sorry Athens. I have quite long cycles too. I've found taking vitamin b daily has shortened them...... might be worth trying. I take 3 tablets every morning....
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig wrote: »
    Sorry Athens. I have quite long cycles too. I've found taking vitamin b daily has shortened them...... might be worth trying. I take 3 tablets every morning....

I was taking them but stopped because I was trying to go for a more laid back approach. They were obviously working because I'd come down from 44 - 48 days to 34 - 37 day cycles. So much for trying different approaches. It works when it works. BFP when it's due. What's meant to be is meant to be or so they say.
  • ZeniZeni Forumite
    424 posts
    twigpig wrote: »

Is that for all vitamin tablets do you think? I've been taking folic acid + vitamin D tables daily from superdrug and I hadn't really made the connection that maybe they are the reason my cycles seem to have down a few days..I wonder.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • thrift360thrift360 Forumite
    269 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Pah, I'm out for this month. Going to count today as CD2 as AF arrived yesterday but I forgot to update this. Assuming this month's cycle is slightly messed up (although only two days early really so not too worried) due to my laparoscopy a few weeks ago.

Have been making sure I'm taking folic acid, vitamin D, vitamin B complex, zinc and iron daily, and encouraging husband to take a multivitamin too. Trying to reduce caffeine intake (harder than anticipated) and drinking raspberry leaf tea for the first half of my cycle. Will up my game with the OPKs this cycle as I don't think I used them to their full advantage this time around.

Anyway, good luck to you all, fingers crossed :)