What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 18th September?

Options

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Wednesday Penny-Wranglers,
    Another evening meeting for me today & will need to leave in good time if I am to have a hope of free parking. Have prepped for the meeting already, so at least the rest of the day is my own & my mind is still focused on frugal behaviour:
    *Sorted all the dry laundry & extracted only those garments which really needed ironing. That's got to save on electricity over a year.
    *Froze the extra portions of spicy chickpea stew I made yesterday for a 'free' meal another week.
    *Gather up more windfall pears.
    *Did this morning's Onepoll surveys & caught up with more Toluna quick clicks. Disappointed to see that the £15 Sainsbury's giftcard has now vanished from their rewards selection. Most of the rewards are now e-vouchers, which are ok, but I don't do much online shopping, whereas I do like to visit & peruse actual shops. Think I may save up a larger amount of points & go for the £35 cash payout via paypal.
    *Am testing a product via a survey.....just had an email to say it should be with me at lunchtime today. Not the most useful product I've ever tested, but hey, it's free & I shall get more points for expressing my opinions (which are rarely complimentary as I rarely swayed by brands or impressed by gimmicks).
    *Make a list of stuff I could usefully do tomorrow while I am in town, which will keep parking & petrol use to a minimum,
    *Check ebay items - very little interest at the moment because the items left are inherently uninteresting! Off to charity shop if they don't shift soon!
    *Pick courgettes, rocket & the last of the spring onions.
    *Knit for my sales basket. I can finish this sock today & get its pair cast on if I crack on instead of far*ing around on the internet!
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Fed sourdough jar ready for baking a loaf tomorrow.
    *Eat mr f's chocolates. He was given a big tin of a well-known brand by a work customer. My goodness, how those things have shrunk! Brexit Britain shrinkflation! And lots of nice interesting ones of yesteryear seem to have been replaced with less-interesting cheaper varieties. Having got that moan out of the way, yes, I am still eating them with gusto.
    OK, must crack on or it will be lunchtime before I know it & it's already a short afternoon because of needing an early get away later for this meeting. Boooo!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just found out one of our local PYO berry places is doing a special this weekend - all you can pick strawberries, blackberries AND raspberries for £3!! That's the weekend activity for the kids sorted & filling the freezer! We'll get loads for the price of a punnet of strawberries from the supermarket!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just checked my local PYO on the strength of your post, Arc, but no such luck!

Breakfast and lunch from home again today and my first batch of cards have arrived! I don't want to unpack them too much as I want to keep them neatly packaged to transport home but I've had a sneaky peek and they look good!

I posted on the challenges board about my mishap yesterday... I found a huge stash of books in the 'recycling' at work, it was only after taking three armfuls I noticed it was in fact a charity collection box :o I thought about putting them back this morning but the rest have already been collected.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • MiMi66
    MiMi66 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What brilliant ideas you all have on this thread which I have just found while trying to find a link to an SOA (can't find it...)!

Makes me think what I can do as well.

I have been piling up a load of things to sell on Music Magpie and sorting out unlocking an old phone 5 to be ready to sell it. A tent sold this morning for £21, and have someone interested in spare unused TV as well. Sold a set of story cubes for £6.50 yesterday and a old BT Hub for £15. I plan to put this sales money into a empty bank account to kick start my emergency fund. I have rather lot of debt to deal with but have a 4.5 year plan to do this - or 55 months to be exact. Had a nasty second horrendous light bulb moment this month as if the first one wasn't enough. I have a long diary thread of my own which has given me great solace and access to terrific advice and grounding experience and compassion. So so valued.

I do need to look at small daily savings so as to ease my disposable income stressors - we are eating down the freezer and cupboard this week and next - and packed lunches have been accepted by my son (Whew). I am very keen and dare I say desperate to get it right this time. For life.

Just had a text to say interested party for TV will have it for £30 and pick up Saturday - excellent.
    MiMi66 2023 and moving forward ☺️
    £38154 - DEBT FREE May 2021
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:
    Ally - So very happy for you in your new house! Exciting times!! :beer:

MiMi66 - Glad you found us! :D

Here's me:
    - Cheapo porridge brekkie
    - Free tea in work
    - Batch cooking tonight
    - Tied my hair up :cool: (Yes, again! :rotfl:)
    - Teaching tomorrow night :cool: - Wish me luck!!!
    - Didn't use my credit card for booking a wee holiday to visit my pal :D

Catch up soon my lovelies!
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 September 2017 at 8:27PM
    Options
    arc2014 wrote: »
    Just found out one of our local PYO berry places is doing a special this weekend - all you can pick strawberries, blackberries AND raspberries for £3!! That's the weekend activity for the kids sorted & filling the freezer! We'll get loads for the price of a punnet of strawberries from the supermarket!

Ding dong :beer: I'd be there several hours :rotfl: I love raspberries! My autumn fruiting ones are just coming on :D 1 plant has been fruiting for a few weeks, but it's dribs and drabs! I have another 4 plants which are going to all fruit at together in the next few weeks :)

Glad you found us! I've picked up some great little tricks from this thread over the years :D
    MiMi66 wrote: »
    What brilliant ideas you all have on this thread which I have just found while trying to find a link to an SOA (can't find it...)!

Makes me think what I can do as well.

I have been piling up a load of things to sell on Music Magpie and sorting out unlocking an old phone 5 to be ready to sell it. A tent sold this morning for £21, and have someone interested in spare unused TV as well. Sold a set of story cubes for £6.50 yesterday and a old BT Hub for £15. I plan to put this sales money into a empty bank account to kick start my emergency fund. I have rather lot of debt to deal with but have a 4.5 year plan to do this - or 55 months to be exact. Had a nasty second horrendous light bulb moment this month as if the first one wasn't enough. I have a long diary thread of my own which has given me great solace and access to terrific advice and grounding experience and compassion. So so valued.

I do need to look at small daily savings so as to ease my disposable income stressors - we are eating down the freezer and cupboard this week and next - and packed lunches have been accepted by my son (Whew). I am very keen and dare I say desperate to get it right this time. For life.

Just had a text to say interested party for TV will have it for £30 and pick up Saturday - excellent.

Hi & welcome :D Glad you found us! I've picked up some great little tricks from this thread over the years :D
    Hi gang :wave:
    Ally - So very happy for you in your new house! Exciting times!! :beer:

MiMi66 - Glad you found us! :D

Here's me:

- Tied my hair up :cool: (Yes, again! :rotfl:)

Catch up soon my lovelies!

Ah you're so lucky! I had my hair all cut off earlier in the year and it's just a tad too short to tie it back yet. I keep pretending it is with 100s of bobby pins. Roll on another 2 cms!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2017 at 8:35PM
    Options
    Morning :) h My Gawd! I should have had a shower by now but I'm still sitting here nursing a coffee! And after waking up 20 mins late as well :eek:

Quickly then!

[STRIKE]* soup out of freezer for lunch - today is my 1 day where I get a lunch break :) taking apple & raspberries from the lottie with [/STRIKE]greek yogurt for snacks :)YUM!
    [STRIKE]* hang out washing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* super quick shower[/STRIKE] used free shower timer thingy and finished just as it ran out :D
    *[STRIKE] take note of mileage[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* madam to after school club for the first time[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* all meals from stores [/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] speak to bff about madam's sleepover there tomorrow - a rare date night for oh & I :)[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] text my db about going to visit on Sunday[/STRIKE]
    * flylady this evening nah just tidying
    [STRIKE]* put stuff in loft this evening[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* list 3 things on fleabay[/STRIKE]

Also:
    * picked up 6x ys avocado. Going to slice & freeze 4 :money:
    * picked up ys pork spare ribs chops for oh & madam - frozen ;)
    * got elle magazine for the £10.50 benefit lipstick - mag = £4.50 :T

Ok gotta dash!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Not sure I'll achieve much today as I need to get to work in between school drop off and pick up and go to two meetings. However, wrk is an hour away, so I've got a meeting with myself in my diary to leave the office on time :rotfl:

Other things:
    Cook chickpeas before work as I'm up early :p
    Make coffee for commute at same time as morning cuppa
    Get something from freezer for tea
    Froze some free donuts from work
    Cheapie porridge for breakfast as we're low on milk
    Walk with friend tonight for free exercise
    Check banking, surveys, FPL.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Ally great news on the house move
    Mimi welcome to a great thread, everyone is lovely and it really helps me keeping on the straight and narrow
    LL hope u r feeling better.

Haven't really posted since the beginning of the week. Also been feeling under the weather. Doing so much driving to drop DD at uni didn't help my joints and things compounded by a certain condition I have.my temp is all over the place. Coffee only with lots of sugar at the minute as tea is making me feel really sick. I actually went back to bed u til 3.30pm yesterday. Flare up doesn't happen very often but when it does, it does with gusto
    It doesn't help that my DB and niece are going to surgery today for a live transplant so have been up since 5am texting my DB as they go to theatre this morning.
    Im very head screwed on about this as ive had so many surgeries myself and this needs to be done but this is only my DB second operation.
    Can't get to see them while in hospital-too far so I'm going to visit once they are both home. I've already been threatened not to scratch his new paintworkwith the wheelchair when I go over!!!!
    Have a meeting this morning, going to take a flask of coffee with me just to keep shovelling down.feel better than yesterday.
    So money saving has been very good, apart from Tuesday night when I did shopping after a meeting (and used a voucher for £3) off I haven't really done anything at all.
    Heating still not on
    Banking all checked and just about to clean the cats and throw another coffee down me
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Frugal_Saver
    Options
    Good morning all. First chance I've had to post on here this week, still need to catch up on all the posts. Doing well this week.

My replacement bus pass came in the post on Tuesday, after I'd bought another one but fortunately it's not valid until today so I'm only going to lose two days, decided we're going to make the most of it and OH can use it at the weekend so we can go out on the bus instead of using the car.

Childcare vouchers accounts are now confirmed, just waiting on nursery confirming their account details so I can set up automatic payments. Between myself and OH we can cover the monthly fee with vouchers.

Doing well on survey sites at the moment, hoping to get a lot of Christmas presents using funds from the payouts.

Not too much money saving planned today, wasn't able to sort out lunch for today so plan on having a jacket potato at work which is less than £2.00
    LBM September 2012
    Debt at LBM £10,573.00
    Current debt £3,250 (29/12/20)
    Current savings £4,950 (29/12/20)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business