harveys furniture head office telephone number

Options

Comments

• Roghana
    Options
    Roghana wrote: »
    Hi Liz Could you please contact me as I am having problems with Harvey. Have to say that they are very non-professional & I will not buy anything from them in future.

Thanks

Please reply to me
  • Harveys_Furniture_company_representative
    Options
    Hello there! apologies, I was not online at 11pm, but will email you right now and do my very best to help. Thanks for getting in touch...
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Harveys Furniture. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    I recommend buying something so expensive as a computer or in this case a furniture suite from a smaller company because if anything goes wrong you'll get to speak to a small customer service team where they will be able to help you more efficiently. They might even remember you from when you ordered!
    I don't mean anything against Harvey's customer service - I've never used them myself so I can't comment - but when it's a smaller company then your query/complaint is less likely to get lost in the vast sea of different people who work there.
    I've worked for smaller furniture companies myself (I won't say who because I don't think it's allowed) and I always found the more people to get involved with a complaint the longer it dragged out. So give the smaller companies a try. Sorry if this is off topic or against any rules but I think it's a good solution for those who have lost faith in companies like Harvey's.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • ashton02
    Options
    wow im just in the process of writing to HARVEYS again due to my faulty 3 seater leather recliner! I googled head of harveys an it brought me here an im shocked (well maybe not that shocked) but i have springs popping out of my sofa AGAIN (they fixed the first two times) and iv been waiting since november an i keep ringing them to see when repair is being made an i get the same old answer someone will call you back! Well now im not wasting more money calling them im writing to them an i want the repairs doing ASAP or im making a claim against them!
  • karmasupra
    Options
    I have just popped back here to see how things have been going with Harveys. I posted on the other thread (Ireland).
    I have just received my replacement suite from CSL. What a difference. The delivery guys had a padded cover that they put over the suite before transporting it into the house. They also put on shoe covers before entering the house. Very professional.
    None of this happened with Harvey deliveries. On one visit from Harveys we had mud left on our carpet from their contact delivery team they use. I will say that Harveys gave the worst customer service I have ever received.
    Things go wrong in business, fact of life. its the putting right that is the sign of a good company.
  • AMBERSHADOW
    AMBERSHADOW Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tonyb007 wrote: »
    Well, Liz has kept to her word and customer services have contacted me today - wasn't the manager, but "Adam" is going to review the issue and get back to me tomorrow...

I have many a time contacted Liz with regards my complaints and she has always done what she said.....But I have just sent this as we are so hacked off with this saga it's just not right...

I have to say that My husband and I are very unhappy with the Furniture and the service we have received from Harvey's Furniture retails... We purchased a 3 piece suite from your lakeside branch back in April last year, due to commitments it was not until October we actually got it inside our home.

On inspecting our suite We noticed the sofa where it joins had a 3 inch gap and you could see right through to the wall behind, On finding this I immediately called your customer service dept and explained I was not happy with what they had delivered and I would like a replacement, before this could be done we had to have one of the Service engineers to visit who inspected the sofa and offered to drill the two pieces together, I was absolutely horrified at what he has suggested knowing the sofa was only days old. I immediately told him this would not be done and if the manufacturer wanted extra pieces in the sofa they would have put them there before dispatching the items or having them fit them on delivery... So in turn did a report and ordered us a new replacement.

This came approx 8 weeks later but on delivery was worse than the first one delivered, so I called Customer service and another was ordered for us... we took delivery of our 3rd Sofa on 7th March 2012 to which is also faulty and was reported by the driver on delviery, who in turn contacted Customer services and arranged for another engineer to come and do a report... He arrived done the necessity of looking pushing and pulling and taking photo's with his phone then proceeded to tell my husband and I that the sofa DID NOT LINE UP AND would report as so and we were well within our rights to get refund or replacement... and also told us Customer service would call us uptil today when I CALLED THEM we had no contact with them....

I called them today 16th March to be told by them the engineer had reported NO FAULT TO OUR SOFA.. we still have a gap you can see through which was not told this might happen on purchase, or that the seats one one side after 4 hours wear would be soft... when the other 2 seats are fine... He told us the sofa did not line up then reported something completely different which we were not priviledged to the information until I called customer service today myself.

I then called the firm Furncare who explained that there was no fault with the sofa as the engineer had reported, what I'd like to know is why my sofa has a gap which we were not told it may have on purchase, or why the engineer tells us something completely different to what he is reporting. We are devastated that good earned money has been spent in your stores and we have been left with a faulty sofa which now they want to repair by drilling together which I find very insulting indeed.

I look forward to your reply................ please also note this email has been forwarded to Comsumer Direct and trading standards..
  • AMBERSHADOW
    AMBERSHADOW Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ash13 wrote: »
    I bought a Three and Two seater recliner about 8 months ago from the Greatwestern road store. I was told it was real leather by the sales person so we got it delivered out.. A few weeks ago the leather started to rip and burst and the recliners pop out at the slighters movement on the floor.. I have a 11 month old little girl who has a brain condition therefor if it was to come out and hit her on the head would be very serious. I had an inspecter out thismorning who basicaly told me that it was unrepairable and much to my surprise it isnt even real leather its Vinal and basicaly if we get another it will just do the same thing. So i called the store and spoke with the manager regarding being miss sold the suite as it isnt real leather, i was told i was wrong they would never have told me that and very cheeky.. I called customer services who were of no help at all so i called the number that you had provided and spoke with the receptionisnt who said she would get a manager to phone me back within48 hours after telling her this wasnt good enough and that i had already contacted Trading Standers as well as asking for the Chairman of the Companys name to write a complaint directly to him, I have just had someone called Mike call me within half an hour to say go down to the Greatwestern Store and chose a new Suite just now which will be delivered out for three. So everyone keep digging your heals in and you will get somewhere. I work for a well known Retail Company's head office and believe me when you start to mention the Chairman of the company you are sure to get what you want x x

tHANK YOU for this information I shall also do this I am really peed off, wouldn't mind but my table is also faulty and still waiting replacement
  • kaza2710
    Options
    Hi there

I am hoping someone on here might be able to help me because I am at the end of my tether with Harveys and their terrible customer service.

When we placed our order in the store in Belfast in December we were told our suite of furniture would be delivered within ten weeks. I checked this fact several times with the store attendant who 'confirmed' it would be on a container that would arrive during w/c 12th March allowing for delivery to our home w/c 19th March. This delivery date contributed to our purchasing decision as we had an additional option in DFS which had an 8 week delivery time. The store attendant was made aware of this which is why he assured us the Harveys delivery would be ten weeks.It did state on our T&C's that it would be approximatley 12 weeks. I also checked this with the attendant who said the date was approximate and they are usually in sooner.

When I called to confirm delivery on 12th March only then was I informed that it wouldn’t be arriving 'in the country' until the 24th of March. Delivery could then be arranged for the week after (w/c 26th March). I couldn’t not confirm a delivery date during this phone call as I needed to check my work commitments.

I called back later that dat to confirm a delivery date for w/c 26th only to be told that I cannot book a delivery date until the furniture arrives in Carrick in Northern Ireland (up until this phone call I had not been
    made aware of this). I was then informed that the furniture would only
    be arriving in Carrick sometime during w/c 26th and that I could not
    expect delivery until w/c 2nd April at the earliest. At this point I sent an official complaint via email to the customer services - and got no response.

I called on March 26th to check had the container arrived in Tamworth (spellcheck) and I was told it had. I then asked could they tell me when it would be delivered to Carrick. No one on that call was able to help me. I sent another email lodging a complaint. This time I got a call from Belfast (the girl I have to say was lovely and tried to be as helpful as possible). She found out that the shipment would arrive in Carrick not until April 6th (!) which was another two weeks of waiting.

I called today (April 2nd) to arrange delivery of the furniture to my house next week following the delivery of the shipment this Friday, April 6th. I was then told that the earliest I can expect delivery is April 19th which is almost another full three weeks!! This will bring my waiting time to almost 18 weeks - which event taking in the 'approximate' 12 week delivery time is still ridiculous. At this point having had countless bad experiences with the customer service team I contact the customer service line directly. I was told that they would contact the Belfast store to see could they arrange a courier to delivery the items earlier than the 19th. The Belfast store called me back and after another backwards and forwards conversation I was simply told 'the date is an estimate' and basically I have to suck it up and there is nothing I can do about it.

I checked out 'Which Consumer Rights' and it dates that once I am given a delivery date if that date is not met then I am entitled to a refund. To also make sure I read the Harveys T&C's and while it states that they do not accept cancellations after 7 days of placing the order that:

"
    Exceptions to this policy
    The Cancellation and Refund policy described above will stand unless:
    • We have not followed your instructions clearly
    • The order has been delayed by more than 5 weeks after the lead time quoted to you in writing at the point of order
    • The product is found to be faulty
    • Refund in excess of £199 will be made via our Head Office."
    I explained to the Belfast store that after so much hassle I wanted to cancel my order as it has been delayed by more than 5 weeks. She told me that she cannot cancel the order that only head office could so I called the number she gave me (that useless customer service number everyone has on here) and after more back and forths I was told that no one in the business can cancel my order as it has been fufilled - as far as I am concerned it has not left the Tamworth warehouse and it is certainly not in my house so the order has no been fulfilled.

I am going up the walls with all the back and forth. Having moved into the house in Jan my back is killing me from sitting on garden furniture! Can anyone offer some advice on how to deal with this? Thanks so much!!
  • Roghana
    Options
    Harveys Chairman's name & head office address is :

Mr Stephen Campbell

Address:
    Unit A
    Dolphin Way
    Purfleet
    Essex
    RM19 1NZ

Telephone: 01708 869 146
  • ONEOFF123
    Options
    Has any one had any problems with the suite called dallas or melissa. We have had a big problem with the dallas but have been told that we are the first ever to have a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure