great service from indesit
    rang and said sending new drier
    pity the delivery company are not good
    they were supposed to deliver this week, they didnt deliver
    they didnt even have the decency to let me know
    still not received it
  • EmmaLou67
    Options
    i was rung last week, had my details reconfirmed and told I qualified for a replacement machine - no request for payment, I'm not sure how old my machine is but more than 6 years. I was supposed to have been contacted this week, I will have to chase up.
    Telephone number to contact is 0800 151 0905
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What models are these that are being replaced? I'm guessing they must be the highest risk ones. I've heard nothing back from them since the confirmation email, maybe mine is lower risk.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • stokesley
    Options
    What models are these that are being replaced? I'm guessing they must be the highest risk ones. I've heard nothing back from them since the confirmation email, maybe mine is lower risk.

I wondered the same thing, and asked the same question a while ago. No response, sadly.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be an actual list of effected machines, just the facility to search using your serial number...
    I used the Hotpoint Facebook page yesterday and sent a private message , 3 hours after I sent the message I got a reply asking for my address and date of purchase.... sent the details and waiting on a further reply.
  • EmmaLou67
    Options
    My model is Hotpoint Aquarius TCL780P
  • misty_blue_2
    Options
    Just received my new replacement tumble drier today
  • thecoffeehouse204
    Options
    It's strange how there seems to be so many different ways they're dealing with people. Our 5 month old machine came up as one of those affected but after filling in the online form I only got a message saying an engineer would be in touch but nothing since?? All filling in the form seemed to get me was loads of spam from Domestic & General :mad:

From reading the information it seemed to be a problem with people not emptying the fluff filter correctly and it becoming a fire risk so i'm wondering with mine being such a new machine they're thinking there won't be much build up of fluff yet so can be left whilst they deal with older machines. Has anyone else with a newish machine had an engineer visit yet?
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mines 2 years old and I've not heard anything other than the email.

Can I ask if the call came up as international or unavailable as I don't usually answer them so I'm wondering if I may have missed a call. Glad I seen the thread as I'll answer all calls in future.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's strange how there seems to be so many different ways they're dealing with people. Our 5 month old machine came up as one of those affected but after filling in the online form I only got a message saying an engineer would be in touch but nothing since?? All filling in the form seemed to get me was loads of spam from Domestic & General :mad:

From reading the information it seemed to be a problem with people not emptying the fluff filter correctly and it becoming a fire risk so i'm wondering with mine being such a new machine they're thinking there won't be much build up of fluff yet so can be left whilst they deal with older machines. Has anyone else with a newish machine had an engineer visit yet?

My husband has been in the electrical appliance trade for most of his working life, including an apprenticeship with Creda and his training advice was to clean out fluff after every use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure