Lunch Log Challenge 2008

Options

Comments

• fletch3163
    fletch3163 Posts: 900 Forumite
    Options
    This is excellent. Lunch time spending is HUGE with me. I hate it. Can spend a fiver a day easy!

I'm back at work on Monday so will start then. Are we going to tell what we had each day? It might be helpful to give each other ideas.
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
  • Cassie123_2
    Options
    Yeah why not - tasty, healthy and cheap ideas can be inspiring for everyone else.
    Lightbulb moment Oct 2007
    CC AT August payday [strike]7174.14 [/strike][strike]7012.49[/strike] [strike]6837.97 [/strike]6339.68
  • wannabe_a_mum
    Options
    Can I join in too? This is my absolute downfall.....I make a packed lunch for hubby everyday, but never for myself!!!!

ASDA is just across the road, and as they have offer after offer on anything an deverything.....I buckle!!

First day back at work today and I spent £9.24 in ASDA. 34p of that on lunch - the rest on impulse buys in the sale, plus some magazines!
  • girlfrommars1980
    Options
    Count me in too please! I go through phases of being really good and organised and brining in lunch...but most of the time I just forget and end up spending oodles of money on lunches that are never even that nice!

Forgot to bring anything today but was relatively good and just bought soup and a smoothie. Will start in earnest tomorrow!

2nd Jan- 2.08
    3rd Jan - 89p on soup. V virtuous but I am still hungry!
    4th Jan - £0 - had leftovers from last night and very tasty they were too!

7th Jan -£0 - remembered to bring in some leftovers so had nice warm veggie bake!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!

Current debt: HSBC loan £16,000 HSBC overdraft £1,500 Halifax C/C £1,500

Stop faffing around challenge - £10,000 -743.09/9,256.91
    Lunch log challenge #23 -£2.97
    Hoping to be debt free by June 2010 (30th Birthday!)
    :hello:
  • fletch3163
    fletch3163 Posts: 900 Forumite
    Options
    Superb! Mind you, once you see some of the concoctions I'll eat to save a couple of bob you might have second thoughts. Some of my "Left-Over Last Night" lunches might induce _pale_. This is my first ever challenge so I can't wait.
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooh and me! Scones and Jacket Potatoes are my biggest downfall and I made a little resolution to myself that I will bring more packed lunches so this is just the sort of challeng I need! I brought lovely bacon and veg pasta today, but succumbed to those vegetable crisps from Boots which I love so much. Someone posted about bringing Christmas choccies in to work which I'll definitely be doing!! So -

Weds 2nd Jan = 51p
    Thurs 3rd Jan =
    Fri 4th Jan =
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    I've given up buying lunches completely in 2008 - I'm keeping a Mug Shot in my desk draw in case I forget it/can't be arsed to make sarnies though!

Good luck!

Catt xx
  • frugalfreda
    Options
    Great idea!

I would like to join please.

I already bring in my lunches but am easily tempted by M&S percy pigs, chocolate and trips to the pub...
  • lindsaygalaxy
    lindsaygalaxy Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woohoo, i day down and spent nothing. Didnt give in this afternoon, the cup a soup hidden in the back of my desk came out, aswell as eating half the box of chocolates!

All thats left now is a sactsuma, which is good as im trying to eat my 5 a day too. ( only 2 today, but lots of water)

Tomorrow is going to be pasta with bolognese sauce (left overs from tonight) or maybe it with a jacket potato.

Im tryign to be good with drinks, we have a water machine at work,so just adding squash to it, as well as tea which we get free at work.

I think tomorrow im going to take more snacks in to fill my drawer up as this will hopefully keep me from going out, as well as a good book to entertain me at lunchtime - i work in the hight street - M&S Opposite!

I think im also gonna make a quiche this week, goes with everything - though i do cheat a bit. Ready made pastry base about 54p, onion, tomato, cheese, egg, milk. 30 mins later and all done:)
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • Emmylou_2
    Emmylou_2 Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join in. 2008 is the year to re-assess things, pay of debts and finally get some savings built up.

My challenge is to spend no more than £2 per day (a big fruit salad) except on Fridays when I will treat myself to a nice lunch out (£5)

So - Thurs 3rd - £2. Lunch is left over meatball sauce and pasta.
    Fri 4th - £5
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all :beer:
    B&SC Member No 324

Living with ME, fibromyalgia and (newly diagnosed but been there a long time) EDS Type 3 (Hypermobility). Woo hoo :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure