Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• holidaysforme
    Options
    Just booked a weeks AI in the canaries for next February in the BA sale:j
  • LisaLou1982
    LisaLou1982 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    I love this thread! :)

We have also got our holidays booked for next year..... We are going to the Isle of Skye for a week at Easter, and to Bowness on Windermere in the Lake District for a week in October. We have just booked a week in Crete in June so at least we can hope to get some sun!!

Next year is a big year for us as we hope to move in January and have big plans for a full loft conversion and 2 storey extension on our new house so holidays in 2016 wont be as plentiful as 2015! :(
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Hi :)

Well as promised, im back to give feedback on the cruise!
    What can i say? It was AMAZING! We loved every single moment of the time onboard the Island Princess. Our cabin D227 was spacious enough and very comfortable. The food was incredible!!!

Port wise, we loved all of the stops - its hard to say which was our favourite although i did really like Athens. Its definitely true that you can get the cruising bug.....im dying to book another!!!

Lisa great to hear you had a great holiday. What was the weather like for you at that time of the year?
    marleyboy wrote: »
    Our next venture is two weeks holiday in a spooky chapel in South Wales with our own little private beach. Am looking forward to it.

That actually sounds like fun, but I don't think I would get much sleep in a spooky chapel!
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    kdogg_05 wrote: »
    Some impressive countdowns there! I think my only countdown is when I'll be back off holiday. . .which in one way is great (as it's a long countdown)

Currently in the midst of some travels. Have just spent 14 days travelling up East Coast Australia (Brisbane > Cairns), after spending 6 weeks going via

Istanbul
    China
    Hong Kond
    Thailand
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Indonesia

Because I'm doing some online work, the trip is open ended (but I suspect I'll be back in the UK by July, having left in July).

I guess New Zealand is the next logical step after exploring more of Australia, before deciding whether to do North or South America. . . or if we're lucky, both.

Never done a cruise before. . .never really like the idea, but more and more great reviews seem to be convincing me I should give it a go.

Loving your itinerary! Where did you visit in Hong Kong and China? Where did you spend your Christmas?
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Just over 3 weeks and I'll be in Cape Town for 3 weeks

How are you enjoying CT?
    Due to go to Sharm in Feb LOL. Not sure if thats going to happen but the cost to cancel is extortionate so am waiting for the holiday company to cancel, hopefully :)

Currently planning a 17 night trip to California next September as well SF, Monteray, Cambria, Yosemite, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon so looking forward to that.... just got to book the hotels and flights

Hollie, your September trip is similar to our for 6 weeks in August/Sept. We will be travelling for 6 weeks from East Coast to West Coast. I've started booking hotels etc. But I'm being sidetracked by Easter holidays which is a cruise to the caribbean departing from Florida so have decided to tag Miami/Disney to this trip.

We are not bit theme park people, we will probably end up going just for the one day.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Tarry wrote: »
    Ballyshannon next year.

How long for and what have you got planned? I had to google but did suspect it to be ROI.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Ballard thats sounds exhausting but fun. As a family we too tend to pack a lot in, shame about your cold ( being a mommy I suspected as much once I read you being caught in the rain and hey presto a few sentences later the dreaded cold!) . One of these days Im going to look on TA for all your stops! Thanks for sharing
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    O-o-O-o-oooooh I'm desperate to get to NZ but fear the flights will finish me off. Not sure of which route to take :(

Just back from Malaysia & I really can't spend any more wasted hours at Dubai airport!

Duke you must look out for the First class promo's for NZ, it should make it more pleasurable and I did see flights for under £2k Return First Class to NZ sometime this year, so you just have to keep a look out.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    I'm off on my Oz trip on Sunday and keep seeing it's raining, hope it's not a sign to come

Have FUN!! Come back and tell us all about it.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    sandsy wrote: »
    So South Africa lived up to all our expectations, as it always does. We spent 8 nights driving ourselves around Kruger before travelling through Swaziland to a beach lodge in northern KZN.

The Sharm idea went out of the window, as might be expected, and flights are now booked for next October flying into New York (first ever visit) where we expect to spend around 5 nights. We'll be returning to the UK from Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean! That's 2016's trips sorted!

:j:j:j:j something to look forward to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport