Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• MasterPoo
    Options
    I'm off to Sth Africa on October 31st, flying into Jo'burg then a connecting flight to Port Elizabeth. From there I will be met & taken into the Karoo to volunteer on a cheetah conservation project for 2 weeks ��

WOW! Expect HEAT, lots and lots of heat....the Karoo, I challenge you to fry an egg on the pavement! Do you need special qualifications to volunteer, that is something I'd love to do??? Sounds amazing!
  • Grumpyoldmoo
    Options
    MasterPoo I really don't think there are pavements in the reserve :rotfl: No special qualifications required just a love of wildlife :j
    Feb'15 £118411.00 Jan '16 £112665.10 Jan 17 £106790.00, Jan 18 £99268.10 April ‘19 £57052.26, Oct ‘20 £46015.42 £2.00 Savers Club, 🎖, 2015 £332, 2016 £356, 2017 £312, 2018 £254, 2019 £668, 2020 £880.00, 2021 £104, 2022 £158, 2023 £68, 2024 Emergency Fund £2500/£1000 :j
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    WOW! Expect HEAT, lots and lots of heat....the Karoo, I challenge you to fry an egg on the pavement! Do you need special qualifications to volunteer, that is something I'd love to do??? Sounds amazing!

We used to fry eggs, and bacon on our porch in Saudi Arabia.
    Pork bacon tastes much better when it's illegal!
  • LisaLou1982
    Options
    Hi :)

Well as promised, im back to give feedback on the cruise!
    What can i say? It was AMAZING! We loved every single moment of the time onboard the Island Princess. Our cabin D227 was spacious enough and very comfortable. The food was incredible!!!

Port wise, we loved all of the stops - its hard to say which was our favourite although i did really like Athens. Its definitely true that you can get the cruising bug.....im dying to book another!!!
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our next venture is two weeks holiday in a spooky chapel in South Wales with our own little private beach. Am looking forward to it.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • kdogg_05
    Options
    Some impressive countdowns there! I think my only countdown is when I'll be back off holiday. . .which in one way is great (as it's a long countdown)

Currently in the midst of some travels. Have just spent 14 days travelling up East Coast Australia (Brisbane > Cairns), after spending 6 weeks going via

Istanbul
    China
    Hong Kond
    Thailand
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Indonesia

Because I'm doing some online work, the trip is open ended (but I suspect I'll be back in the UK by July, having left in July).

I guess New Zealand is the next logical step after exploring more of Australia, before deciding whether to do North or South America. . . or if we're lucky, both.

Never done a cruise before. . .never really like the idea, but more and more great reviews seem to be convincing me I should give it a go.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I feel odd having no trips currently booked. I normally go away somewhere warmish over New Year but the prices this year are looking silly so I'm going to have a long weekend in late Jan or early Feb when it will be about a quarter of the cost.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Just over 3 weeks and I'll be in Cape Town for 3 weeks
    travelover
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    Due to go to Sharm in Feb LOL. Not sure if thats going to happen but the cost to cancel is extortionate so am waiting for the holiday company to cancel, hopefully :)

Currently planning a 17 night trip to California next September as well SF, Monteray, Cambria, Yosemite, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon so looking forward to that.... just got to book the hotels and flights
  • Tarry
    Tarry Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    Options
    Ballyshannon next year.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread
    -I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories