PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love soda bread, and yours looks fabulous Flo, reminds me of when I used to visit my Nan's in Ireland as a kid. She always made soda bread and with the Irish butter was a rare treat.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still no cooking here, just been snacking on salads, pitta, houmous, fruit and bits from Wholefoods... I NEED more of the Hoxton Beach sweet potato falafel with tamarind & date chutney... I also tried some more choc from WF - the Conscious raw choc with nuts (too expensive though and I prefer Ombar for raw choc). Tried Godo too, quite nice choc, did enjoy it but I prefer Vivani for the flavours I think, if I can find anywhere else selling it apart from PO.

thanks for the list, theatregirl, I did have a look on there but I still don't know what actual shops stock it, tempted to do a bulk online order but not sure I'd trust myself not to stuff the lot too quick!

I feel bad looking at all the lovely dinner pics on here, I really should use up my last bit of freezer stuff but had a bit of a busy week hence the snacking :o
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    took the burgers out the freezer and made meatballs with spaghetti, very cheap meal, the burgers were 19p, the spaghetti was free at the mr t Christmas tasting and a carton of toms at 29p, a dash of 20p tomatoe puree and some herbs, just put the rest in the frdge for tomorrows dinner.

I also made the meatballs in the oven, have not done that before, but now prefer it, as the amount of fat off those burgers ws shocking, just imagine I would normally eat that, plus the extra oil I would normally fry them in.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Older_But_Not_Wiser Posts: 246 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2014 at 8:09AM
    Options
    I also made the meatballs in the oven, have not done that before, but now prefer it, as the amount of fat off those burgers ws shocking, just imagine I would normally eat that, plus the extra oil I would normally fry them in.

I know, it is shocking isn't it. I do sausages that way too, so I don't have to add any extra fat, yum!

Tuna with lime & salad today and took a photo just because it looked so colourful:
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0733_zps5e390164.jpg

Pork chop with veggies for supper tonight. Still avoiding the chocolate Kirri but reading your post is tempting me so I'm heading off to the fruit bowl right now :rotfl:
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out of freezer - HM Pie + HM Quiche + HM Hotpot.
    In to freezer - HM Scones + whoops pasties + bacon/egg bites.
    We had HM Pie + roast potatoes/parsnip + brocolli/carrots + gravy for dinner.
    I made a sultana scone round while cooking dinner.

[IMG][/img]SultanaSconeRound_zps0e40011b.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 42/28
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £20.09/£100 NSD - 85
    2024 Craft Makes - 213 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Florenceem
    Options
    No freezer movements.
    We had HM Hot Pot + cabbage & carrots for dinner.
    Tuesdaysdinner_zps2e43e9bf.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 42/28
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    Books read - 2023 - 37
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still avoiding the chocolate Kirri but reading your post is tempting me so I'm heading off to the fruit bowl right now :rotfl:

I absolutely LOVE the look of that salad! minus the tuna or whatever that is in the middle lol.

I should have put up a pic of the big wedge of carrot cake I got from WF along with a strawberry raw choc ombar and Godo milk choc. :D I am snacking on loads of fruit as well at the moment though and plenty of salads..

Lunch was a pitta with feta, houmous & various bean salads from WF.

Not had dinner yet, got some mushrooms to use up so may do a quick garlic mushroom on sourdough. It's so much easier just to keep snacking but I must make the effort.
  • Florenceem
    Options
    In to freezer - bag of SR Flour.
    Out of freezer - roast beef + HM Yorkshire Puddings + fish - ready for Friday.
    For dinner we had HM wedges + HM goats cheese/green pepper quiche + salad - grated carrots/celery - dressed with white wine vinegar. Also had a HM pickled onion + spoonful of pickle. I pickled the onions in October 2010 - still very crisp and so spicey.
    Wednesdaysdinner_zpsf9f7f11e.jpg
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    Books read - 2023 - 37
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    Evening all :)

Busy day today and although I've had already had breakfast (porridge), lunch (sardine salad) and dinner (chicken & veggies) I'm still really hungry so might have to attack the fruit bowl in a minute. Probably a good thing that I can't bake because if I could make anything half way decent I'd be eating it right now! Would do a murder for a chunk or two of homemade bread :p

I've run out of my normal hot chocolate powder to put with my morning porridge so used some posh stuff that I was given as a gift ages ago. It was vile :( Much as I want to be MSE and use the stuff I already have, I think I'll go back to using it as an ornament in the kitchen.

Hope you're all well
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Lool older you crack me up! you'll have to buy more powder quickly, because the alternative of water and porridge, I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy, that salad looked lovely and colourful tuna included lol kirri

Ive had 14 hours sleep after a bout of really bad insomnia for 2 days, so im feeling lovely.

had porridge for breakfast at 5pm lol! had a pack of noodles from the cupboard for lunch, just going to have 3 slices of toast for dinner, I have now switched from margarine to butter, from cows milk to anything but, after reading some horrendous things, im quite pleased with my small changes.

I have taken out a pack of chicken chunks from the freezer, I have 2 packs of short crust pastry sheets and a pack of short crust pastry, I want to make a pie tomorrow I think.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport