Plusnet price rises

Options

Comments

• gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gave notice to cancel without issues due the the increases.

Due to move to BT Friday, Plusnet cut my circuit off today. Called them up and they couldn't understand it as the cease date isn't until Friday. Waiting for a call back tomorrow.

Not impressed with Plusnet, now connected to a neighbours BTWifi using my new BT account.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    Options
    That part about Anytime going up to £7 from £6.50 is odd, unless it refers to legacy customers from way back, as I have paid £8 since joining last October.

The rise won't affect me unless my husband chats over the 60 minute level ,which he did last month by a few pence, as I only use the inclusive numbers.
  • charltonfan1
    charltonfan1 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As an existing Plusnet customer I was about to move into new build and had paid Plusnet £115 to setup a new phone line at the property.

So instead i have ordered a new fibre BT connection, paying £128 for the next 12 months (after TCB £80 and BT £200 reward)and they will install the new line free. Cancelled my PN service getting my £115 back and my line rental saver pro rata returned to me, only paying a £30 line cessation fee to PN.

Should get better speeds from BT also as was capped at 40MB with PN
  • teddysmum
    Options
    I've had the second call in three weeks, from PlusNet, offering to 'check [I'm] on the cheapest package'.

When mentioned this, the young man checked my account and even named the person who rang last time and was told it was not possible to decrease my internet cost as it's free, along with prepaid line rental.

I wonder if they are getting worried about numbers leaving.
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    I got the price rise email and off the back of that set the wheels in motion to switch to BT. PN have emailed me to say I owe £128 in early termination charges. Anyone else get the same ?
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got the price rise email and off the back of that set the wheels in motion to switch to BT. PN have emailed me to say I owe £128 in early termination charges. Anyone else get the same ?
    A few posts here saying you should of contacted Plusnet 1st to let them know you leaving because of the price rise as they then put a note on your account.
    Probably best to give them a call, let us know how you get on ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Has anyone managed to negotiate a decent deal with Plusnet to stay? My minimum term runs out in 3 months anyway but if they are trying to keep people now, I'll give it a go.
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    Aletank wrote: »
    A few posts here saying you should of contacted Plusnet 1st to let them know you leaving because of the price rise as they then put a note on your account.
    Probably best to give them a call, let us know how you get on ;)

I spoke to them via online chat and was told I won't be charged, have the transcript / screen grab so should be good. Also told them to put notification of me leaving on my account. The transfer to new service is over 14 days away so hopefully ok.
  • Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 May 2017 at 8:49PM
    Options
    anactuary wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to negotiate a decent deal with Plusnet to stay? My minimum term runs out in 3 months anyway but if they are trying to keep people now, I'll give it a go.

Yes - see my post #17 of "Sky Broadband MSE offer" thread below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5651307
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    Broadwood wrote: »
    Yes - see my post #17 of "Sky Broadband MSE offer" thread below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5651307

That's slightly better than what I'm paying (£15.49 line,ADSL free, anytime calls with mobile £8; total £23.49 plus99p for caller display) but I'm not going to haggle to be stuck with them for 18 more months. I'll be happy to leave in October, when my 12 months are up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure