IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

***Help a Canadian visitor with a PPT please!***

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    Options
    Which is exactly what weve said you owuld need to do all along.

Make it absolutely clear to your CC company that this is PRIVATE land, that these aer not fines or anything similar, theyre just an invoice, and as such are not covered by the t&c you signed up to.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And reply to Easirent and ask if you have exhausted their complaints procedure, because you wish to use the BVRLA dispute resolution.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Easirent's reply makes no sense.
    they imply if you get the charge overturned then they are obliged to refund the admin fee. But the admin has been incurred regardless because they've received and acted on a communication. So either they are obliged to refund it now, or they aren't.
    The wording in the t&cs clearly doesn't cover private parking tickets, which are alleged contractual charges and not fines or traffic "offences"
    Charge back from credit card is the way to go
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • juxepe
    juxepe Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I've submitted a ticket with my credit card company, hope this works out.

Thanks all!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    juxepe wrote: »
    I've submitted a ticket with my credit card company, hope this works out.

Thanks all!

I would imagine they will as you did not authorise this
    as there were no terms that were applicable
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Howver, you will have to make them understand this - they are not fines, they are not penalty charges, they are merely an invoice. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • juxepe
    Options
    Update, they responded to my last email:

"I wouldn’t say you have exhausted our motoring offence appeal procedure, no.

But as previously explained without a cancellation notice I am unable to process a refund.

For further complaints please contact customer.services@easirent.com"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Charge back from credit card is the way to go

Try this then ^^^ above - and email customer.services@easirent.com to ask for a copy of their formal complaints procedure and how to escalate a dispute with the BVRLA. They'll love that idea (not!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update, they responded to my last email:

"I wouldn’t say you have exhausted our motoring offence appeal procedure, no.

But as previously explained without a cancellation notice I am unable to process a refund.

For further complaints please contact customer.services@easirent.com"

as a non UK resident you are unable to use the services of the IPC , further more you are unable the appear in court where the case would be thrashed out by a judge as court papers cannot be served on a non UK resident

please advise alternate ways to get this cancelled or sorted

yours

$%^&* off of canada

HOWEVER ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately they do according to this:

https://www.easirent.com/penalty-charge-notice/

I'll dispute it with them but knowing how they are I doubt they'd cooperate.

That is an article on their website. That is not the T&Cs in the contract. You need to check the contract that you signed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure