Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    I cannot wait to visit those two places.

So much of the world to see, such little time. The other reason I love being a self employed consultant, I can take as many or as little holidays each year.

2016 I will be out of the office for over 60/70 days:beer::beer::beer:

This year I can't :(:( but who knows anything can happen after summer?!?!?!

Well, I've become a consultant this year - but on a full time contract - but it will mean that I get fewer holidays than I did before. In my last job I had a lot more flexibility to take some time off when things were quiet but this year is going to be very busy.
  • MasterPoo
    MasterPoo Posts: 787 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Well, I've become a consultant this year - but on a full time contract - but it will mean that I get fewer holidays than I did before. In my last job I had a lot more flexibility to take some time off when things were quiet but this year is going to be very busy.

Oh nooooo Dosh! I suggest quitting with immediate effect!:rotfl:

Seriously, the only reason I contract is the ££££££ and holidays!

I just finished my last contract last Friday :beer:, so I'm now actively looking, had 2 interviews yesterday, today I couldn't cope, so put my phone on silent, closed my laptop and I slept from 14h30 until 19h00. Thankfully my 14 year old didn't wake me up:T Can I just say.....THE BEST SLEEP EVER!:T:T
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sidefx wrote: »
    Sounds grim.:eek:
    I'd stay at home if I were you :p;)

It such a hard life! Seriously Trainer, stay home!:rotfl:
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You cant take babies on most cruise ships- so check the age requirement well if that is your plan.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • totallybored
    totallybored Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    if you think Thailand is good VFM then just wait until you get to Cambodia and Vietnam.

I find Cambodia slightly better value for money for very nice hotels than Vietnam. I've booked rooms with private pools for only $100 a night this trip.
  • Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Options
    We had a trip to Italy and Barcelona last month. Next trip is July... 7nts visiting my OH's family in Athens then 5 nts on one of the islands. Then off to a wedding in Istanbul at the beginning of August.

As for the rest of the year, who knows! I managed to get abroad 6 times last year, but two of those were work related, so anything's possible.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    I now understand why Thailand is such a great destination for us Brits, great value for money.

You should have gone a few years ago when the exchange rate was much better.
  • PurplePow
    PurplePow Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah my favourite thing, holidays!
    We were in Paris for the weekend a couple weeks ago for my husband running the marathon. Off to Croatia in a month for a road trip! Driving from Zagreb down to Dubrovnik, can’t wait.
    Going to a festival in London in July and gonna spend a couple extra days down there as haven’t been for years.

Due to my job situation at work and because we currently have our flat up for sale I can’t yet book any further holidays... but that hasn’t stopped me from planning! Determined to do the California road trip we’ve talked about past few years next summer. I also really want to go to Peru and do the Inca Trail. I also looked at touring Costa Rica yesterday.... so many places to go! Wouldn’t mind a nice relaxing holiday somewhere too, maybe Mexico or somewhere.
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PurplePow wrote: »
    Ah my favourite thing, holidays!
    We were in Paris for the weekend a couple weeks ago for my husband running the marathon. Off to Croatia in a month for a road trip! Driving from Zagreb down to Dubrovnik, can’t wait.
    Going to a festival in London in July and gonna spend a couple extra days down there as haven’t been for years.

Due to my job situation at work and because we currently have our flat up for sale I can’t yet book any further holidays... but that hasn’t stopped me from planning! Determined to do the California road trip we’ve talked about past few years next summer. I also really want to go to Peru and do the Inca Trail. I also looked at touring Costa Rica yesterday.... so many places to go! Wouldn’t mind a nice relaxing holiday somewhere too, maybe Mexico or somewhere.

All my friends who have been to Croatia rave about it. Can't wait to go!

Funny you should mention Peru/Inca Trail/Costa Rica, I was looking at a cruise that would encompass those destinations!

I think the year my 14 year old leaves full time education and goes off to Uni I'm going to go on a world wide cruise for over 100 days all by myself!
  • fd1972uk
    fd1972uk Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm still having Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms from June 2013 when I was at Florida, lol.

We did do Disneyland Paris in October last year.

However time for a change this year, but it's going to be a late deal whereever to be honest.

Start our holiday on 25th July, so a week or so on the sun is on the cards unless finances dictate otherwise.

Do have a little extended weekend getaway at the end of May for our 10th Anniversary, in Dumfries in a nice lodge (hot tub :) ).

FD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport