NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

Options

Comments

• imnothere
    imnothere Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone received a text from tesco to say if there is any in stock?

I just received one saying that there's none atm for me, but i'm just wondering if anyone who has registered with tesco has got anything
  • Former_MSE_Becca
    Options
    imnothere wrote: »
    Has anyone received a text from tesco to say if there is any in stock?

I just received one saying that there's none atm for me, but i'm just wondering if anyone who has registered with tesco has got anything

I also received that text this morning, so am enquiring with the Tesco team to see what stock levels are like. Will update the iPhones article when I know more.

MSE Becca
  • crockpot
    crockpot Posts: 631 Forumite
    Options
    I got same text aswell

Anyone got one?

Are they doing excisting customers/upgrades 1st?
  • OutSpoken
    Options
    Well, I got my text from Tesco today saying they had an iPhone 4S available for me. Was enquiring about an upgrade...

Unfortunately, after waiting 30min to be put through to an agent, the information wasn't exactly what I expected..

I thought normally with upgrades, you get to keep your existing tariff but 'upgrade' on the handset! for free or cheaper than normal price!

How wrong was I.

They basically were offering me the same deals they offer to new customers! So there was no point really... the cheapest offer would have been more than I currently pay now!

So in conclusion, I told them I'd think about it... but really I don't think I'll go for the 4S now. Probably go for a cheaper sim free my for my iPhone 4
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    OutSpoken wrote: »
    So in conclusion, I told them I'd think about it... but really I don't think I'll go for the 4S now. Probably go for a cheaper sim free my for my iPhone 4

If you already have a iphone 4, i think the 4s is a waste of money. The only thing worth noting is the camera, its a "bit better". You don't really notice the speed difference, and as for Siri, well the most useful features only work in the US, and the rest don't work 1/2 the time cause it doesn't understand our accents.

Shouting "send a message to Kate" and you get "i don't understand cute"
  • OutSpoken
    Options
    Toe-Jam wrote: »
    If you already have a iphone 4, i think the 4s is a waste of money. The only thing worth noting is the camera, its a "bit better". You don't really notice the speed difference, and as for Siri, well the most useful features only work in the US, and the rest don't work 1/2 the time cause it doesn't understand our accents.

LOL I think your right.

Siri does look and sound cool, but I too have read reviews where they have mentioned its pretty useless at the moment in countries other than the US.
    I guess Apple still haven't found a company to provide the localisation info.

Then I hear reports of it having a lower screen quality than the iPhone4, apparently 'yellow tinting' and the battery is not performing that great either...:undecided again I'm sure there are plenty who are over the moon with their 4S.
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    edited 21 October 2011 at 4:50PM
    Options
    OutSpoken wrote: »
    LOL I think your right.

Siri does look and sound cool, but I too have read reviews where they have mentioned its pretty useless at the moment in countries other than the US.
    I guess Apple still haven't found a company to provide the localisation info.

Then I hear reports of it having a lower screen quality than the iPhone4, apparently 'yellow tinting' and the battery is not performing that great either...:undecided again I'm sure there are plenty who are over the moon with their 4S.

My screen is fine, but the battery is not great. Not even as good as the Iphone 4

another corker from siri Say "write a note" get " Sorry I don't see Reginald in your contacts"
  • Flibbertygibbet
    Flibbertygibbet Posts: 66 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2011 at 12:32PM
    Options
    apple have dropped their prices direct now 319 and 2% on quidco

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC637B/A

sorry if posted elsewhere, I searched but there is just tooooo much stuff
    Sim free iphone 3GS 8 gb
  • DireEmblem
    Options
    Toe-Jam wrote: »

My iphone 4's camera is out of focus on most occasions, so thinking of trading it in and upgrading - my only reason really.

Hope to get £250 for it, so thinking of buying upfront for £482(£499 less 3.5% quidco, and i get 1% CB on my CC).

Then when my contract runs out next month, get a giffgaff sim, and then i wont be stuck in a 12 month contract for the next phone if i want that.

All in all, say i stick with it for 12 months, it works out as £352, or £30pcm, unless i find a better deal than giff gaff(tmobiles 12 month contract thru quidco is £72, but has less data).

I dont htink thats terribly bad to upgrade, considering i am currently on £45 a month.
  • Lemonsqueezy
    Options
    Hi, probably a stupid question, so forgive me if it's obvious, I just find the complexity of mobile phone contacts boggling; can I ask, if I am on a 24 month contract with a mobile phone provider, and had a say HTC wildfire as part of that contract, can I (if I am given a present of an iphone4, and if I am able to trim the Sim card without destroying it) just start using my new iphone on my current number? I have enough data, texts and phone minutes to suit me, so is it possible or is there some kind of bar on doing this? because it strikes me that in considering the cost of a lot of iPhone monthly fees, I could potentially purchase a 24month contract around the £10-£15 mark, with some kind of free phone (which I could then eBay) and use towards the cost of an unlocked iPhone. Or is it breaking the contract or illegal?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback