New Luma credit card ?

Options

Comments

• Lizzie_t
    Options
    I ran into trouble with capital one before yet still got accepted for luma. Also i didn't pay £50 for the card. I only have a vredit limit of £ 200 but thats fine with me as its a managable amount. I applied for luma as i wanted to rebuild my bad credit.
  • Breast_Cancer_Survivor
    Options
    I got a letter this morning saying i've been accepted. :j
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I applied for this a few weeks ago, didnt really hold out much hope as I've a few missed payments and 2 defaults from 2008 which I'm disputing on my credit report however I received a letter today with my pin number.

Kinda weird they send you a pin as confirmation you've got the card, no word on the card or limit yet but dont ever expect to spend more than £50 or £100 a month on it so I can definately pay back and rebuild credit in the hope of a mortgage in the next couple of years. :money:
  • marilyna
    marilyna Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for the card last Monday, and received my card today, with a £200 limit. I also have Capital one Classic and Progress cards.
  • Russe11
    Russe11 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick question, I assume its possible to tell what the credit limit is from the credit agreement.

Since it gives the "total amount payable"

does anyone know what the figures are from the numbers in the contract?
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I have my pin but no card - I have a £200 limit. I have called them and asked where the card is but still nothing. :(

Please they accepted me though. :)
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • Russe11
    Russe11 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know?

on the contract it says

the total amount you will have to pay. this means the amount you have borrowed plus interest plus costs

£1176.35...

what credit limit does that mean they will give, or is it based on a cash advance?

the rate says 35.94%

so have they based it on max borrowed until paid back.

It does not seem right to include a figure like that in the contract?

I can't help but think they are trying to transfer a debt to this card?
  • princesskaty_xx
    Options
    My credit history is poor, even though ive hardly had type of credit!
    Ive been rejected for most capital one cards, so I thought I'd try my luck with this Luma card and I got accepted! Was really suprised, but I thought its a great way to start rebuilding my credit up again.

Got a letter with the pin number on this morning after applying a week ago just waiting for the card :) It is worth applying for!
  • Moneyproblems111
    Options
    Got poor credit rating so thought ill apply for this and see how it goes, just want to start building my credit rating so hopefully get accepted
  • AndyCash
    AndyCash Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I just applied online and got the page where you have to accept the t&c's, does that mean i've been accepted?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure