Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Speaking of musicals, I was looking at Aladdin tickets last night - think I'd have to remortgage! Plan B needed I think. Last musical I saw was in Northampton (touring production of Joseph) and oh my, it was so good even my dad was singing :D

*tootles off to check local-ish theatres for musicals*

Yes, Aladdin tickets were abit on the pricey side! :eek: Think it has not long opened? I think it sells out pretty quickly too.

Joseph is awesome, it was the first musical I ever saw. I went down to London with my Mam & Dad because I just had to see it because Jason Donovan was in it! :D Saw it again years later but can't remember who was Joseph? Could have been Lee Mead but I'm not totally sure?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 June 2016 at 9:11AM
    Options
    Birmingham hippodrome often has musicals on if that's do-able for you. Seats in the gods aren't too bad if you're economising. They've got Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in September, if it hasn't already sold out.

Eta - and the Alexandra, (little shop of horrors, anyone?) but I don't go there so much because I find it a bit claustrophobic going in and out.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, Aladdin tickets were abit on the pricey side! :eek: Think it has not long opened? I think it sells out pretty quickly too.

Joseph is awesome, it was the first musical I ever saw. I went down to London with my Mam & Dad because I just had to see it because Jason Donovan was in it! :D Saw it again years later but can't remember who was Joseph? Could have been Lee Mead but I'm not totally sure?

Gareth Gates?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday HBS (and belated birthday wishes to Georgie and Ono - sorry for the lateness!!)

I'm not generally a fan of musicals but friends took me to see Wicked for my birthday a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it. I loved "The play that went wrong" but haven't seen "The comedy about a bank robbery", I got tickets for my dad for father's day though and they loved it. The one I still really need to see (according to various friends who've told me that I'll love it) is 'The Book of Mormon" but tickets always seem to be ridiculously expensive and sold out massively in advance.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    On that note - Ég er ekki skjaldbaka. (according to Google translate that is 'I am not a turtle' in Icelandic) :rotfl:

Icelandic for "I am not a footballer" would be more useful at the moment :rotfl:

I was watching the season finale of Game of Thrones so didn't see the result until much later.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Icelandic for "I am not a footballer" would be more useful at the moment :rotfl:

I was wondering if decreased morale led to a reduction in performance?

If so, they don't have a very good motivator coach then.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Birmingham hippodrome often has musicals on if that's do-able for you. Seats in the gods aren't too bad if you're economising. They've got Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in September, if it hasn't already sold out.

When I went down to London with my BF, we agreed to pick one musical each, I picked WWRY and she picked CCBB! I'd never even seen the movie before but really enjoyed it! Again it had Jason Donovan, Christopher Biggins and Alvin Stardust.
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Gareth Gates?

Quite possibly? I guess whoever it was can't have made that much of an impression! I'm starting to think it was Lee Mead though.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday HBS :D:D

Birmingham is definitely achievable for a theatre trip. The best thing I have ever seen was at the Birmingham Rep - Jeeves & Wooster, Perfect Nonsense. It's about 18 months since I saw it and I am now sat at my desk chuckling to myself again as it was so funny, and clever.... absolutely loved it :)
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    When I saw Joseph a few weeks ago I looked at a list of previous Josephs (I have no idea why!) There were some very forgettable ones.... H from Steps anyone?!
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Been trying to keep to my schedule today but my mind is struggling to stay focused.

So I found a couple of productivity boosters. Stayfocusd for Google Chrome and LeechBlocker for Firefox.

They both let me block distracting websites during set hours, giving me a short period of time to use sites on the blocklist. Then they tell me off if I try and access them during the hours I've set if I've run out of my allotted time!

Let's see if this helps me bully my mind into focusing. I have two minutes left here... :rotfl:
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback