Slimtone plus Raspberry Ketone - free trial - NOT! (another Nutrascience)

Options

Comments

• psrichards1068
    Options
    Macbeth wrote: »
    Does anyone have a return address for the company that offers the free trial(?) or SlimTonePlus (Raspberry Ketone) and BodyCleanse Plus. I have sent them an e-mail but it has been returned undelivered. I ordered this stuff on 4th October and want to cancel and return unopened, but without a return address I am going to get clobbered for the cost. Also, don't see how I can cancel without an address or valid e-mail address. Anyone - HELP please.
    Their address is:
    Slimtone Plus
    PO Box 111
    Shannon
    County Clare
    Ireland
  • gullablegal
    Options
    I feel so stupid as I signed up for the slimtone plus and bodycleanse which in total was costing me £112.50 a month unknown to me until I checked my bank statements. I have read the leaflet from back to front and no where does it say that you have to pay 37.50 per item. Now maybe I haven't read the fine print but 112.50 is a stupid amount to waste on trying to lose weight.......which by the way didn't work.........I'm posting this so whoever reads it will not fall into the same trap as I did.................
  • hudson1981
    Options
    i have been scammed the same as everyone else on here! i ordered the trial on the 1/10/2012 and i paid £2.95 for delivery. on the 15th i was charged £75 and again on the 31/12/2012. i did not even realise i had been paying for it i assumed i just had the free trial (idiot i know) i recived a parcel on the 31st and i had more tablets i rang the company to speak to some jumped up woman! who kept on goin on about the terms and conditions.i did not recive my tablets for 16 days after i had ordered them and when i looked at the terms and conditions it states after 14 days u still have to pay for what u have used! so call me stupid but how is that free?? i have cancelled my bank card i have contacted action fraud and on mon morn im contacting my local cab! action fraud advised me to ring slimton on mon and tell them i want a full refund if they say no i have to contact them again and they will treat it as fraud! if anyone else has any advice please let me know.
  • hudson1981
    Options
    just a quick update tomorrow 6/11/2012 i have to contact european trade and standards about slimtone plus! the second batch of tablets i recived i have sent bk recorderd delivery! i telephone them today 5/11/2012 to speak to another waste of space who told me they would issue a cheque for £75 pound but i had to wait 4weeks:mad: as it will come from panama! i asked her why and she said cause thats where she is based which made me laugh as i rang ireland! and she was very much english! i took her name as she was disgusting to speak to! her attitude was awfull!
  • CathC
    Options
    I fell for this scam this evening. I can't believe I was so stupid ! But all is not lost I had reservations immediately and so searched and found this Forum. I have cancelled my card already so they will only get £5 from me I hope. So if you too have fallen for this scam just cancel your card and they won't be able to get any more money from you.
    Thanks to all who have posted and saved me from losing any more money.
  • RolyinEngland
    RolyinEngland Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 November 2012 at 12:47PM
    Options
    I too have been lured into this scam, I cancelled my credit card 2 days after I ordered the "stuff". They are due to take a payment tomorrow, I have not been able to return the "stuff" as they never replied to any of my 3 emails and I refuse to phone 0845 numbers thru virgin media (25p min). Have also told bank why I found it necessary to have a new card issued, they told me if they did manage to get monet from the new card to ring again and issue a formal complaint.I just read on this forum they are located in Pamama, I would like to know where and a phone number if anyone has one, I used to work out there for IRHE the CEGB of RdeP, speak Spanish and am ready to have a real go at someone!!
    NB was also told by my daughter they have been barred in the USA by the Federal Government.............
  • Stupidass
    Options
    I to have fell for this, normally not so stupid but so silly thinking it was ok. I have cancelled my card and have a returns number to send the stuff back. As you can't send to a Po Box number registered post what do I do now ? Any advice someone?
  • Bel-Herts
    Options
    Thank you all for bringing this to peoples attentions, I've been taken in hook, line and sinker. I doubted it, but why did I sign up. What is the old saying if its too good to be true, then it probably is. What a con. I am unemployed and over weight. I had come to a stand still, not lost anything in weeks, going to the gym, swimming etc. Never done so much exercise in my life. I have an under-active thyroid, and have just had my dose increased. So I will in future be extremely careful.

I have sent my pills back today and given them a polite warning saying I have written to my bank to cancel this DD and do not take money from my account. I am just off to the post office to chuck it back to Ireland. Thanks a million for bringing this scam to peoples attentions.
  • Trapes
    Options
    Wish I'd seen this thread before I fell for this scam. Ordered my 'free trial' earlier then found out that I'd be billed £75 a month automatically. Have cancelled my card and emailed them telling them I wish to cancel my order immediately.
    How on earth do these company's get away with this, idiots such as myself funding them I guess :-/
  • palvi
    palvi Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    I too got duped into this scam. :mad: Hopefully I have managed to limit the damage finance wise as I did sent the unused pills by registered post. Granted it cost me almost a tenner to send it but it was worth it.

I telephoned them on 0844 7459698 to confirm they had received which they did by asking me for the tracking reference number and advised me that I will be receiving an email in 2-3 hours confirming cancellation of everything.

Will cancel my debit card just in case also.

Palvi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport