Natwest/RBS Payout Times

Options

Comments

• Dizzywithmoney
    Options
    MOGAAM wrote: »
    Just to follow on, I'm waiting for a payout for a Natwest Loan. They received my acceptance on 7th September. I have just phoned them and like everyone else was told the famous 28 working day phrase but it is not guaranteed.
    The lady on the phone did admit there was a backlog but could not say for how long back but she did assure me theat the payments team are working flat out processing payments and they have been working loads of overtime and weekends.

She did say also that basically my claim was in a queue amongst thousands and thousands of others and the order they are being processed is the order in which the acceptance was received.

Just hope they catch up soon

Well my "28 working days" will be up on Monday so I will let you all know if I recieve my cheque by then!! Which I doubt very much now!! Maybe I should charge them for a "late payment"!!!!!
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well my "28 working days" will be up on Monday so I will let you all know if I recieve my cheque by then!! Which I doubt very much now!! Maybe I should charge them for a "late payment"!!!!!
    Yeah and a payment for being late for every three days, up to a maximum of ????:D:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • Mousseschoice
    Options
    Has anyone actually had a payout within the 28 working days?
  • rush2112col
    Options
    Have phoned RBS a few times while waiting my 28 WORKING! days for the £11,000 they have offered me. They have said they will not pay out earlier than 28 days but could be later! They said it could be by cheque or straight into account, if its paid into my account they said they would not be sending any sort of letter to confirm this. Basically they won`t actually tell you anything of any use if you do get through to them. Not worth the phone call, all you can do is wait and wait and wait! Due to receive mine this Monday 10th October but dont hold out much hope. Will let everyone know what progress if any......
  • rush2112col
    Options
    Well 28 days now and nothing received?:mad:
  • glimmerofhope
    Options
    Well 28 days now and nothing received?:mad:

Thats not good Rush!
    They really are working to their own rules it seems.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

:pOfficial DFW Nerd 1365:p
  • Keewee
    Keewee Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Well I finally managed to get through to RBS PPI line today after trying for 5 days solid!
    My first 2 acceptance letters were received on the 21st of September, so apparently I should receive MY money by the 31st of October, but was told that the payments team are behind and many are being paid late. Apparently the team are working 'flat out'

I am actually an EX member of staff, made redundant last year.
    Maybe they should have kept a few of us on to key the payments :mad:

My 3rd acceptance letter was 'apparently' received on the 6th of October. Funny, it was sent off more than a week before that!
    I can see that this saga is going to drag out.
    In the meantime, my account is becoming more and more overdrawn.

I am 100% going to be asking for any charges 'after' my 28 working days have elapsed to be refunded!!
  • Mikeone
    Mikeone Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh dear RBS...

I've got a claim pending too. Effectively four separate loans (long story) with a total refund of around £7k. My claim has been in their system for months. They dragged their heels during the 'investigation' period, taking the maximum permitted time and using every possible extension, sending acknowledgement letters on the last permissible date, apologies about 'backlogs'. That sort of thing.

Finally in August they made me an offer of a refund, which I immediately accepted. They received my signed acceptances the following day. It has now been 28 days...

plus one week...

plus one day...

...and counting.

Since the deadline was missed I have made several phone calls, but like many of the posters here, have found that it isn't often answered. I've discovered that it automatically cuts off after 7mins 30s. Sometimes longer, sometimes less. They can't even be consistent in that.

On Friday, I finally got through at about 4:58pm. I asked what was causing the delay and for a clear idea of when I would receive the money. The advisor said that she couldn't find out at that time on a Friday and would call me on Monday.

She didn't.

This afternoon I called them myself.

Not too bad -got through at the fifth attempt. I asked why I had not received my callback –the advisor did not know. I asked what had been done to resolve the issue since Friday –she did not know. She asked me what I wanted –I explained the situation. She said that she would have to refer this to her colleague. She did not know the name of the colleague or even their job title. It was ‘whoever would be on duty’. She mentioned ‘Customer Service A or B’.

Whatever that means.

I asked what would happen, whether I would be called back. The advisor said that it would be best for me to call. I said that this was not acceptable as the phone is rarely answered –it took five attempts to get through today and at least five on Friday. She confirmed my telephone number for a callback. No promises, like.

I said that I found the situation to be grossly unfair. The company had created the problem and was now taking an excessively long time to resolve it. The advisor said that they payments team have a backlog. I said that a backlog is one thing, but this is now over a week overdue. She said it would need to be investigated. I said that I failed to see what would need investigating by now –the offer had been agreed and the company had put funds ready to make payouts.

I remain, waiting.

You know, it's funny. How many people must RBS group have phoned and pursued over the years? How many of them must have tried to avoid the issue by not answering the phone, or by making apologies and excuses? I've been one myself.

Funny now the boot is on the other foot, eh RBS?
    I'm a...I'm a real traditionalist of course
  • Mikeone
    Mikeone Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spoke to them again this morning. Apparently, payments are between one and two weeks behind.

They're very sorry.
    I'm a...I'm a real traditionalist of course
  • forresflower
    Options
    I have logged a complaint about RBS with BBC Watchdog programme. I think others have done the same about their banks. Hopefully if we all do it then they will push the banks for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure