Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• darrencolne
    Options
    i joined sky just before christmas as i live in a new house i didnt have a phone line installed i joined at the local arndale a guy there selling it I told himm i was on cable and needed a bt line installed sky had an offer on then that you could claim the £124 instalation fee that bt charge and have that against any sky charges which was good for me. not sure if they are still doing it but worth atry if you need a new phone line too
  • the_tired_one
    the_tired_one Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Originally Posted by ja12346789 viewpost.gif
    I only want to get Sky TV and not broadband or telephone.
    Will I still get the £150 through the cashback sites?

There is an option (tick box)not to take on the broadband and one not to take the telephone.

you will still pay the same price and I am no expert but I think you would get the cashback,but you would need to have this confirmed by your cashback site as a definite.

What I need to know as a sky novice is,the equipment and instalation fee £129 is this for a dish as well as the sky+Box ?:o

I know that might seem obvious but it doesn't seem to state exactly what you get and I have never had sky.

Yes - the £30 covers the total installation job (dish/box/internet & phone)
  • sgue9
    sgue9 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    This deal with Sky sounds good but do you really trust cashback websites after the recent problems with mobile phone cashback websites?

They sign you up, get their commission from Sky and you will never see your money - just as with the mobile phone companies!!!
  • LoveRV
    LoveRV Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I have tried to sign up Sky through Topcashback since yesterday evening, but when I click "continue", What I've got is page error message. Did anyone experience the same problem?? or it's just my pc settings ??
    cheers...
  • tubster
    tubster Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    link down on quidco too... nothing is certain sgue9, but quidco has been going for a long time now and consistently pays my cashback.
  • mushypeaman
    mushypeaman Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looked at Topcashback. You can't take this offer with them if you live in a building with a communal dish, which I do. Can't have it either if you live in a building with more than 6 flats.

The other cashback sites are very scarce on details of the offer, but best check before you leap.
  • Oldman
    Oldman Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sky have a deal for NEW customers which I have just purchased, £75 one of payment for LIFE, gets you a Sky dish, Sky box, and four months to 4 of their 6 packages. After that it is £19 a month. Of course they hope that you will forget to stop the DD after 3 months, but if all you want is the 'free to air' stuff, then £75 is a pretty good price for a new dish and installation of SKY. This is available from Currys, and ASDA to my knowledge. Might be available in other shops
  • johnjp
    johnjp Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    1. Is it still only possible to tape the prog you`re watching, with a standard box?
    2. Is channel 4 available?
  • the_pagemasteruk
    Options
    Macca78 wrote: »
    I want to sign up for this.

I'm currently paying AOL £18 per month and have been thinking about signing up for Sky's Surf, Speak, TV package for a while - this just about swings it.
    And i could justify paying for Sky+ if i'm getting £150 back!!

BUT!! I live in a block of flats, about 8 flats, 3 storeys. And i have no idea if there is a 'communal' dish or if each flat can have they're own installed.
    I've emailed the maintenance company for info, but they're worse than useless and will tell me to contact the owner - I am the owner!!

Does anyone have any experience of this situation?
    Is it worth calling Sky and asking, or should I know this myself?

I want to sign up for this but don't want to hit this hurdle!

I live in what seems to be a similar set up to your own, a block of 6 apartments and i've got my own dish. Suppose it helps that we are responsible for our own thing in case anything went wrong.
  • TopMoneySaver_2
    Options
    I wonder if the cashback deal is real.
    I mean i understand that the cashback deal is no guarantee. But is it worth taking a risk? What are the chances of me having the cashback? Out of 100?
    Request your opinion before my decision.
    I just do not want to repent on my decision later on.
    I have had cashback offers from CPW and onestopphoneshop.. But inconvenience of followups and long phone calls are detterent.

Also , is it compulsory for me to have a BT Line for taking up the package? I may not want broadband yet. I understand that if broadband is reqd, then BT line is complusory.

Also is it a one year contract?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family