PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

List for today

Unload dw
    Wm x 2
    Hoover middle floor
    Decluttera nd Hoover stairs
    Tidy up ds1s bedroom
    Wash down bannisters
    Poly filler all cracks/ holes
    Steam clean half of living room carpet.
    Paint the railings out the front
    Shopping
    B and q for lightbulbs
    Toys r us to exchange a present
    Cuppa with brother and sister in law!

That should keep me going.
    Just got to round up the kids as they are supposed to be getting dressed but instead are running around the house naked shouting 'chase me' and 'I'm going to eat you!' All good fun!!!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Morning everyone - I have been up and out ages and have no idea where the morning has gone.

I have so far decluttered
    a quick brekkie
    hair apt
    library visit
    visit to Fleetwood market for black and white card for Halloween project and WOOL!!! - Robin DK £1 a ball - so many colours I was in seventh heaven- so have bought some for a scarf for an extra Xmas present. Just need DS to decide on colours and I can get some cushion covers knitted too.
    Then to Home Bags for ale to go in Christmas Hamper for DS and GF. They have hamper sets with a tag, paper straw and cellophane for the top!! Spent too much but lots for Xmas.

Just about to go and photograph the Fylde Hag's grave in a local churchyard for the Halloween party - then promised ourselves a carvery lunch out for a treat.

Really need to get on with the garden but there's always tomorrow!!!

Have a great day everyone. x
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Frizzle wrote: »
    Just got to round up the kids as they are supposed to be getting dressed but instead are running around the house naked shouting 'chase me' and 'I'm going to eat you!' All good fun!!!

I'm not a parent so this is speaking from ignorance, but to be honest I'd just leave them to it. No toys out = no mess, and they're having the best fun!

While I was messing about cooking stuff yesterday I started on the overstuffed drawers yet again. Got several done but the real test of whether it'll work in the longer term is finding somewhere else to stash all the useful stuff for when it is actually required. Party coming up so relatively soon, but not stuff I need every day.

Has anyone got any tips for relaxing overworked biscuit dough? I'd love to be able to make cheese bix or bix for cheese that I actually like, but this Paul Hollywood recipe isn't working for me - my fault entirely. It's all chilling in the lodger's fridge but if I can rescue it, that would be great.

Dressing gown lining Attempt No 1 today. I finally understand what Karen in the fabric shop was trying to explain to me (three attempts) so I can get cracking on it today.

Wafting yesterday's chutney fumes and today's dehydrating pears aroma towards you, Ionafan.
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have stripped out all shelves and ledges from the fridge and washed them out; they are drying now. Then I washed out the litter tray (precursor for kitchen cleaning as it lives in the adjacent utility/porch). Then, in the process of checking what I have/what I need for the Christmas cake I have cleaned out the baking cupboard. Thrown out OOD flour (wholemeal) because I won't use it anytime soon and it's well OOD and I don't want little visitors! I appear to have no dried fruit other than a few sultanas and my feeling that I had ground almonds turns out to have been wrong.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wm1 on the line
    Condensation dried from all the winows, almost at my preferred November date of starting to se the CH.
    HH in the front garden done
    In the process of defrosting the kitchen freezer and washing up to be followed by
    Empty DW
    Clean shower room
    wash towels
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Carrier bags thrust into recycling at Mr Ms - I have offered them to charity shops before but they have always said they cannot accept them!
    The RSPCA shop in Newport Pagnell is always happy to take them.:think:

Lounge furniture all moved and vacuumed behind; two canisters of (mainly) short white dog hairs decluttered.:D Admittedly, that was from the whole bungalow, but oh my, the little guy was moulting!

Mr LW has decided he wants me to make Xmas puds. Frankly, I really cba, but I guess I'll have to drum up the energy from somewhere and do it. Just not today. Thank the gods he hasn't asked for a cake!
    I have, however, prepped a nut loaf, which can sit in the fridge til tomorrow, when I'll have the oven on for other stuff.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    Lamewolf, Delia's Christmas pudding recipe is fabulous. Well worth the effort, it tastes of fruit and lovlieness and isn't too sweet. I'm speaking as someone who doesn't actually like the stuff, but homemade, I do. That's how different it is from the shop bought muck.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 October 2014 at 3:12PM
    Options
    Thanks, HB. I do have a recipe that I've used for years; it's completely veggie (ie no beef suet) and is cooked in the microwave, so it's really quick. I don't know why though, I just totally Can't Be A**** this year. I think it may be something to do with being in so much dratted pain, fed up to the back teeth with said pain, and with BD dragging me round by the scruff of the neck. I also loathe cooking/baking at the best of times, and feel that my efforts are, of late, being a tad taken for granted - though to be fair, I don't think he realises just how painful it is, and just how much I'd sooner be doing pretty well anything else than making food.:cool:

Anyways, he's just tootled off to make some more inroads into the front borders; so I'd better go out there and see what's going on, or he'll ditch the bulbs I want to save and the plants I want to take cuttings from before they go. Bless him, he hates gardening, and doesn't know a nettle from a nasturtium!:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Options
    Is it just my children being beastly today? They are whining and moaning and non-stop wittering and tale telling.. they are driving me insane!!

I'm going to send OH to start food and I'm going to hide a few Christmas bits.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No pigpen. Not just yours, I've made the mistake of thinking we could hav a nice quiet day in. They wouldn't nap and are consequently being disgustingly behaved. Going to give them dinner, play 'in the night garden' on I player and make them think it's 7pm!!!! Have really had enough, am currently hiding behind the island in my kitchen, so that little Mi can't see mE, as every time she sees me she cries. Roo has had shouty melt downs and I'm already v close to reAching for the wine! Can't even hand over to OH ashe's not here. Sigh. Anyway sorry rant over, long way of saying you're not the only one pigpen :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure