ValueBasket.com - any experiences?

Options

Comments

• seanspotatobusiness
    seanspotatobusiness Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2014 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Bollotom wrote: »
    While your whole 17 posts are going to rock the world? Sorry, couldn't resist ;). This company, valuebasket.com are the pits, have no morals or decency and should be complained about to Visa and Mastercard so that those organisations can do something about this shower of thieves. :cool:

My 17 posts span six years and cover a range of topics, none of which suggest a connection to ValueBasket or any of their competitors. I don't need to be a pillar of MSE to appear to any reasonable person to not have a hidden agenda.
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    You are a fool !!
    Please place an order with valuebasket / simplyelectronics and see what happens !!

Please refrain from name-calling in lieu of a reasoned argument.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please refrain from name-calling in lieu of a reasoned argument.

Simple - you try to place an order with this "company" and report back to us - when/if your order is delivered - and as for "name-calling" - from what I have heard on this and other sites, SimplyElectronics are masters at that as well
    Anyway - how do we know that you are not in league with this "company" ?
    I discovered one company rep / reported them to MSE who blocked them !!
  • seanspotatobusiness
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Simple - you try to place an order with this "company" and report back to us - when/if your order is delivered - and as for "name-calling" - from what I have heard on this and other sites, SimplyElectronics are masters at that as well
    Anyway - how do we know that you are not in league with this "company" ?
    I discovered one company rep / reported them to MSE who blocked them !!

In my first post in this thread, I said I wouldn't risk ordering from ValueBasket. In addition, I have posts dating back to 2008 which have nothing to do with that company or its business. Report me to MSE and the most that will be done is you'll have your reporting privileges removed for abusing them.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    In my first post in this thread, I said I wouldn't risk ordering from ValueBasket. In addition, I have posts dating back to 2008 which have nothing to do with that company or its business. Report me to MSE and the most that will be done is you'll have your reporting privileges removed for abusing them.

Really - OK if you want to.......
  • Nokiabuyer
    Options
    Valuebasket's price seemed great. And the phone turned up promptly. But it became faulty and that's when the problems started. Returned it in August as it was still in warranty. Three months on there's no sign of a repaired phone, a replacement or my money back. Like other forum members who've encountered customer service problems, I have had to do all the chasing for updates, all of which have been holding messages and not actually giving me any detail on what's wrong with the phone, whether it's reparable or what. I'd like to think valuebasket will do the decent thing and reimburse me in full, but I'm not holding out much hope.
  • kenska
    Options
    Personally, I have had a bad experience with them. Paid nearly £900 and I'm still having trouble getting my money back for a faulty item.

Needed 6 weeks of emailing with a polite but totally ineffective support team. They accepted that the item was damaged but every step of the way is painfully slow (or slowed down on purpose?).

Now they have their damaged item back but I'm waiting for my money to be refunded. Each email is politely answered but with delaying tactics such as 'we are currently claiming with the courier' etc. I believe this to be unlawful business practice and ready to get a solicitor involved. The fact that they are in Singapore or Hong Kong shouldn't make that much difference. There are trading laws in those countries too when it comes to exporting electronic goods.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    kenska wrote: »
    Personally, I have had a bad experience with them. Paid nearly £900 and I'm still having trouble getting my money back for a faulty item.

Needed 6 weeks of emailing with a polite but totally ineffective support team. They accepted that the item was damaged but every step of the way is painfully slow (or slowed down on purpose?).

Now they have their damaged item back but I'm waiting for my money to be refunded. Each email is politely answered but with delaying tactics such as 'we are currently claiming with the courier' etc. I believe this to be unlawful business practice and ready to get a solicitor involved. The fact that they are in Singapore or Hong Kong shouldn't make that much difference. There are trading laws in those countries too when it comes to exporting electronic goods.

Sorry - but the laws of a foreign country are different and when it comes to China - you will find that you do not have a leg to stand on
    Your best bet is to contact your payment card provider and claim a refund using the charge back facility - forget Valuebasket and learn from your mistake !!
    By all means - fill in the on-line fraud report at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
    but be aware that since this is a foreign country with totally different laws - it won't get your refund !!
  • sho_me_da_money
    Options
    How do you cancel an order with Skrill?
  • Pugga
    Options
    I am sorry for you who have had a bad experiences with valuebasket.com.
    I was about to order a camera, I am glad I stumbled on to this website.
    I suppose it is back to PC World/Currys and persuade myself to part with full market price. I would have "saved" a couple of hundred pounds with valuebasket.com.
  • bluesnake
    bluesnake Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2014 at 3:41AM
    Options
    Pugga, i would recommend http://flubit.com for electronics. Find the cheapest price, make sure Amazon is cheaper, then paste the amazon link into the above web site.

When I did this it was 10% cheaper, The item even came in Amazon packaging, but took about 2 weeks to arrive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure