When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!!

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Lucky I have nothing but admiration for you and how manage everything.

Really.

Love you lots XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,397 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Lucky

Hope Mr Grumpy has cheered up. :( :(He doesn't realise how lucky he is to have you. Boo to the weight gain but I'm sure it'll go next week. Could it be water retention? Sounds like you've had some good days out with the boys though! The weather couldn't be better for school holidays.

Take carexxxx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Morning PLMBL, yay to the free days out, love a good bargain I do!!!

Im sure you will drop that 2.5lbs easily, havent really been around much but I hope DH is ok xx

Hi Mummy! Free days out and good bargains are the only way to do it! I refuse to pay full price for anything now!!
    Hi PLMBL,

I wonder if your body works on the same kind of time delay that mine does. I can be happily eating rubbish and my clothes don't get tighter and I think I've gotten away with it. However, two weeks down the line when I've been eating healthier, the clothes get tight and I'm like "what"! Then, I remember what I was doing to my body a fortnight ago.

Take care.

Thanks for that JAT. I wouldn't mind if I'd had a bad week this week, or even within the last 2 weeks, but I haven't. I also haven't been to the gym though with it being half term. Hopefully it will right itself next week Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lucky I have nothing but admiration for you and how manage everything.

Really.

Love you lots XX

Aw Buffles, I love you too Xx

Not so sure that I'm managing everything as well as I should be though. Everything seems such a drama and I really can't be bothered!

Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hi Lucky

Hope Mr Grumpy has cheered up. :( :(He doesn't realise how lucky he is to have you. Boo to the weight gain but I'm sure it'll go next week. Could it be water retention? Sounds like you've had some good days out with the boys though! The weather couldn't be better for school holidays.

Take carexxxx

Hi SA, hope all is well with you.

Mr Lucky tells everyone how lucky he is to have me and that I am his rock, his mind, his everything.

Then he gets angry and that all gets forgotten.

He was better yesterday, though we did have an episode where he dropped and smashed his beloved caffetierre. I honestly thought he was going to use the broken glass to slash his wrists!! He was devastated and miserable for ages, then angry but at least this time it was with himself.

Weather has been lovely, long may it continue (and improve). Xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Yesterday was full on, DH and DS1 got their haircut in town and then we spent a while wandering round the shops trying to get DH some new shoes (he's still wearing the ones with holes in the bottom). The type he wants seem to he dying a death though and few places stock them (with even fewer places having anything in his size). Think it's going to have to be an online job as even ebay has turned up nothing :(.

Came home for lunch and to do a few jobs and then back out to the cinema to see Spiderman 2 late afternoon. DH's CEA card and a buy one get one free voucher for the kids made that more affordable! Film was ok but nowhere near as good as we were all expecting, and quite sad and negative too.

Popped into Mr A's in the shopping centre next door to the cinema after the film, got half way round and all the fire alarms went off :eek:. We were bundled outside and the fire engines arrived, apparently there was a 'smouldering' in one of the banks in the shopping centre and it seemed like we wouldn't be going back in for a while. So we got in the car and went to the Mr A's where I work on the way home instead. We eventually got home at 7.30pm and hadn't had tea yet!!

DS1 then started crying that he felt ill and couldn't sleep. It took from 9.30pm to 1am for him to eventually go to sleep properly and then he was back up again before 6am :eek:. I think the culprit was the diet coke he shared with me at the cinema and he certainly wont be doing that again!!!!

Paid another £25 to Bcard today. Been working it out that I have 2 months left before the 0% runs out, so after the two standard monthly payments are made I still need to find £265 to clear it completely. This is now my focus as I don't want to pay any interest come 1st July.

Need to chase First Utility again too. My complaint was escalated high level on 4th April and I still hadn't heard anything by 14th April so I rang them AGAIN. Was promised a call back within 48hrs which was by yesterday afternoon and surprise surprise nothing. REALLY REALLY annoyed now, their customer service is sh1te.

Still have loads of other stuff hanging over us too. Why does no one deal with anything in a timely fashion? Xx
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello Lucky, :hello:

Goodness, you did indeed have a "full on" day yesterday! Wow, well done! :T
    ..Makes me tired just reading about everything you got done! :o
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi lucky. I have spent this week reading your diary from start to finish. Amazing. You are such a strong women and should be so proud. Cant wait to catch up with your diary again soon

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi Robin, thanks for stopping by when you are so busy with all your guests at the nest. I bet your day was more full on than mine!!

Brightspark87 so nice to have you on board! Some days I feel stronger than others but I rarely feel amazing! So kind of you to say it though and well done for making it through my whole diary :eek:.

Today we went to a land and air museum that I got as a Gr0upon deal. £6 for all of us :T. Part of it was done out like a street in the blitz and it was very humbling to see the way people had to survive. Real gas masks for babies and food set out in ration sizes amongst other things made us all think again about how lucky we are. Incredible to be up close to real aircraft used in wars and tails from bombs etc.

Rang First Utility this afternoon (6th call made so far, not to mention the letter and 2 complaint forms filled in online, all ignored :mad:) and after explaining the whole saga yet again I was offered....

Wait for it......

£10 as a good will gesture.

The phone calls alone have cost over £25.

Told them I was beyond disgusted and have been promised another call back by the end of Wednesday. Said I won't hold my breath.

Tonight I've had my Sister, Mum, Mum's partner and MIL over for dinner. Lovely to have everyone together but wrecked now!!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Went on an Easter egg hunt today at a National Trust place nearby. It was free to get in as we are members but there was a charge of £2.50 per boy per trail. Worth it though as we had a lovely time and the boys enjoyed their chocolate egg. MiL and the dog came too.

Been at work tonight and there again tomorrow night. It wasn't overly busy though.

DH has upset me a bit tonight. He was lecturing me on how the diet doesn't seem to be working for me because I've gained weight this week despite being good. He had apparently forgotten that I've lost 2 and a half stone in 6 months, post miscarriage and whilst looking after him and the kids. We can't all be lucky like him and lose 2lbs despite eating carp all week :mad:.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi PLMBL, sounds like youve had a lovely few days out except DH upsetting you. Men! Who would have them!!! You have done really well, dont let him get to you (easier said than done I know!) xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport