NST January: Health, Wealth and a Life Well Lived

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

SFD number 12 yesterday :) I’ve officiallu ran out of money today, however payday is on Thursday so that’s too bad to say that it’s January! I’ll need a tiny top up shop today as I’m away next weekend for my birthday and won’t be able to shop then and some Petrol today which will both go on the credit card until Thursday.

I’ve decluttered a few items to various piles for leaving the house but they haven’t actually left yet. They might have to wait until half term, when I’ll also do a tip run.

Walked the dogs already and now I’m soaking in the bath :) Have a great day.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday was a spend day as I got my hair cut and coloured (£27 at the local college) and I also took the opportunity to pop into town and get a few toiletries. I managed to find the hayfever meds I was asking on here about in Savers for 79p a box (compared to £6.99 in other shops!). Bought 3 boxes, that should help while I get rid of the last of the eye problems.

Also went to kickboxing last night but paid that in advance. Very achey this morning. Still nervous about the sessions and it definitely shows, but I'll get there.

Today will be a NSD as I just plan to study and do some tidying. Will try and fit in a run later on but feel really achey at the moment so am putting it off! Got an essay to start planning and I don't really know where to start so should be interesting... Tomorrow should also be a NSD as I'm volunteering all morning then out riding in the afternoon. Fingers crossed the weather is alright as I'll be outdoors all day, but it's a good way to spend my time and good exercise, I'd only sit indoors on my bum otherwise!

NSD total is now 16/20, should be able to reach my target.
    Healthy day total is now 13/20, not sure if I'll reach my target but I'll try my best!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Quick pit stop to check in :D

Set myself a £60/week budget for January for food/cleaning products/pet shopping. We are clearing out food cupboards and freezers this month. Last week I spent less than £20 which includes our doorstep milk delivery and today I have spent just under £44 - which is just as well as I dont get paid until the end of week, OH at end of month and its 6 weeks since we were last paid....we both get "paid early" for Christmas which our employers think is really kind.....no, it means payroll can clock off early for Christmas :mad:

We are eating like kings - I thought we would be having really weird combinations but so far so good :D Lots of HM soups and curries in freezer.

Only 3 spend days so far this month - I dont count bills as they are all on DD and pretty much leave the account within 2 or three days of salary being paid in. I just count days when I have to hand over hard cash - and I mean hard cash. Couple of years a go I trialled using cash more and found I saved a fortune:D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I used to read her blog but I started to find her a tad smug. They are very fortunate that they could save 70% of their salary to realise their dream, how many people can realistically do that. Then when they move miles away they still have a very convenient work set up that just doesn't come along in real life imo.

Oh Thank you......I thought it was only me.......really found her too much - yep smug but also too " American"....oh dear is that a bad thing to say. Sorry !:o
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    No 26 reporting...

DH has found some cold lurgy bug, not flu...not close to man-flu either. Just enough to get in the way.

Activity: Pilates, Gym, 10,000+ Steps (thurs and today respectively)
    Decluttering: Bag of unloved toys to Air Ambulance CS. Bag of out grown books to Heart Foundation CS
    NSDs Reclaimed the lost one from swimming last week - managed to whinge my money back out of the council. Yesterday and today both NSD too. Browsed the 70% Boots sale... Found I really did not need Zoella's Advent Calandar... so I made it to 10!
    Read: Currently"mourning the end of my book" emotional detachment stage; missing the characters and wanting more in that book's world.
    Foodbank: Extra Donation
    Gratitudes. DD1displaying solid common sense after she discovered why I am so 'tight' over her internet access, apps and social media. I won't go too deep into it. But if you've got kids - make sure they know A: the dangers, B: who to report it to.
    Movie time with DD2. Having the opportunity to stick to my own health goals. Finishing a good book.
    Early nights.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a cheery taxi driver, for finding mum's glasses and teeth (in her dressing gown pocket which was unusually put away in her wardrobe), for my first train being 2 mins late, which meant that I caught it and then had a super smooth trip back home, for a seat on all my trains, for dry clothes to change into, for more minion knitting, for watching Kiki's delivery service - a bday dvd dd got from her sis.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD achieved today 12/18
    Grateful for:
    Walking to and from Church.
    Seeing friend after attending Mass passed her flat on way back. Walked back home.
    Achieving somethings in the flat, including some decluttering.
    Having sometime chilling out.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 21 January 2018 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being a NSD after all so I am now on 12

Today will not be, as I am going YS hunting and I have a list.

It started snowing at 8.15, it is beautiful - it won't last, we have rain forecast for later so I am enjoying it in the present.

No decorating has occurred. It is hard to wallpaper when somebody won't get out of bed until after 10.30, by which time I am already thinking about making lunch. Still, he obviously needs it, and if it keeps him cold and flu free, sleep on Mr F. I shall wallpaper while you are at work. I have a stock of generic 'lemon flavoured paracetamol based drink powders' and tissues. All 'bought' with a survey payment gift card. So NSDs remain intact.

Right,off to concentrate on Marr and Peston.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Huge spend day yesterday as the boiler was replaced and paid for. We got good prices but it is still a large outlay.

Nipped into town this morning for something DS wanted, it was snowing and I would rather have stayed at home. Whilst we were out we bought 3 bottles of meths for our Trangia and 6 gas canisters for the camping stove, a chimney cleaning log for the stove, some lunchbox items for the kids and some matches.

I am going to bake bread rolls for school lunchboxes this afternoon along with a yoghurt cake and some banana muffins.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have managed to go to town with dd and not spend a bean. Phew. She has some birthday money to spend, so I just had to trundle along. It was raining, sleeting, snowing and windy. Such fun!

In money news, we are no longer going out to Oz in the summer, as step ds cancelled the wedding. A week after we had bought our tickets. Sigh. At one point we thought we would get no money back, so were mightily relieved to 'only' lose £1200 of the original. Sigh. Huge disappointment all round. But the alternative was spending another £4K+ on accommodation, internal travel, food, activities...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure