Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Indeed-otherwise everyone would be on E7. The trade off is a much more expensive day rate.
    Although, some of the rates posted for a new EON tariff the other day make a convincing argument to ditch single rate!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5070391
    E7 rates
    11.004p per kWh (day)
    4.767p per kWh (low)

Standing charge is the same for both @ £59.94 per year
  • Truthful1
    Options
    If you invite a rep into your home you will most likely:
    Pay a deposit on the spot
    Buy an expensive system
    Not necessarily save on bills
  • Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2014 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Can you help me figure out the usage on my bill for a small home? Using heat and electric conservatively.

Off peak F total use 5866 kw

Unrestricted 696 kw
  • tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    If you feel scammed contact the makers of Rip Of Britain. It is a program on BBC1 at 9.15 am. I would suggest you watch on bbc iplayer rip of britian shown on the 1st October. Its about this old guy who got done by a sales guy who sold him 2 Aircons for £7800.00.
  • Truthful1
    edited 11 October 2014 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Tellsid: Just posting so that people will be reminded, or tell their friends and loved ones to be forewarned, that we were not given a chance to look around at other companies or even discuss the purchase.
    Heating is such a necessary item that is hard to make a case against buying it, especially if it is going to cut ones electric bill.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    I would however, appreciate it if someone could advise me what to do with this off-peak night F system. Does it make the standard rate more expensive?
  • tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    You should try etrade counter co uk I found them very reasonably priced. And also checkout Amazon for german storage heaters sold by Electrorad starting at £445 to £526 for a 2.5kw. I think its best to make people aware using Twitter about these heaters. Sorry can't post links as i am a new user.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Tellsid: Thanks but these are old people and not on twitter. Are we paying more for the F rate electric or does it make the standard rate higher?
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tellsid wrote: »
    You should try etrade counter co uk I found them very reasonably priced. And also checkout Amazon for german storage heaters sold by Electrorad starting at £445 to £526 for a 2.5kw. I think its best to make people aware using Twitter about these heaters. Sorry can't post links as i am a new user.
    Why advise on where to buy so-called 'German Storage Heaters' when we have already established they are completely unsuitable for the situation?

3kW heaters with timers and thermostats can be bought for £30 in a lot of places.

However, if E7 is being used then direct electric heating is not a sensible solution.
  • Truthful1
    edited 2 October 2014 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Istar, I thought sid was trying to be helpful. I wrote down all the info he provided, Confused.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback