EON Fixed 1 year v9

Options
apt
apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 26 September 2014 at 6:29PM in Energy
Not sure what the gas prices are but electricity only customers should consider this 12 month fix. For my region it is over 10% cheaper than anything else on the market and cheaper than than the M&S Sept '14 tariff that is just finishing. Only available until 15 October.

Comments

• Bubblebath
    Bubblebath Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2014 at 4:27PM
    Options
    apt wrote: »
    Not sure what the gas prices are but electricity only customers should consider this 12 month fix. For my region it is over 10% cheaper than anything else on the market and cheaper than than the M&S Sept '14 tarif that is just finishing. Only available until 15 October.

Which region are you in?
    And what is your annual consumption of electricity in kWh?

[STRIKE]
    Just checked a comparison site for me and it looks shockingly expensive.
    [/STRIKE]
    I was mis-led by incorrect results from Energyhelpline.

This Eon deal looks quite good, particularly for E7 customers who should be able to save no matter how little low rate electricity they use. (at least in the Eastern region)

See below for more details.
  • Moireach
    Options
    I was just about to post this too! The rates seem too good to be true, it's a huge reduction and even comes with paperless and direct debit discounts and tesco clubcard points.
    I went on their own website and it didn't show this tariff it only showed a standard normally priced tariff.
    Only worth it for electricity only for me, combined with Zog's gas tariff I'll be saving a fortune on an already reasonably priced tariff with Npower!
  • Moireach
    Moireach Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 September 2014 at 3:51PM
    Options
    And by the way, 36% cheaper than second placed iSupplyenergy (who are apparently a disaster) for me. And 3rd place is another £10.
    Another point to note is that it's an even better deal for Economy 7 customers. I am Economy 7 and was desperate to switch to standard until this tariff came along, the first ever to be cheaper for me on Economy 7 because the day time rate is almost identical to night! (normally a jump of 2p-6p!)
  • Bubblebath
    Bubblebath Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2014 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Actually, you're right. (except for the snidey comment about iSupply)

I was using Energyhelpline and as a low user on E7 it throws up Utilita as the best option for me ... but that deal doesn't exist - it's for PPM customers only.

Interestingly, if you have an E7 meter, this is probably the tariff to go for. It's actually cheaper than their single rates in some regions.
    e.g. for Eastern region

single rate
    11.592p per kWh

E7 rates
    11.004p per kWh (day)
    4.767p per kWh (low)

Standing charge is the same for both @ £59.94 per year

For single rate tariffs, I'm getting FU, Extra Energy & nPower all beating this Eon tariff ... but not by much.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I just moved from Eon as their prices were way off the mark, however, this new tariff puts them on a par with the best prices I could find, but sadly not low enough to warrant another move - I say sadly because I was genuinely sad to leave Eon!
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Bubblebath wrote: »

single rate
    11.592p per kWh

E7 rates
    11.004p per kWh (day)
    4.767p per kWh (low)

For single rate tariffs, I'm getting FU, Extra Energy & nPower all beating this Eon tariff ... but not by much.

How unusual for an E7 tariff to be cheaper than single rate - It would be a no brainer to get an E7 meter put in and try and shift as much useage as possible to the E7 hours.

Sadly the prices in the SW are at least 10% higher than the prices you're getting.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks OP, i have just changed to that tariff i will have to pay scottish power 25 exit fee but i will still be saving.

My prices for the tariff are Day 12.35, Night 5.04 and SC 16.42.
  • stewie_griffin
    Options
    Just had a quick look at the E7 prices for where I live (East Midlands) and they certainly do seem very competitive. 11.036p on the day and 4.652p on the night including VAT. There's also a standing charge of 16.422p per day.
  • Moireach
    Options
    Bubblebath wrote: »
    Actually, you're right. (except for the snidey comment about iSupply)

I was using Energyhelpline and as a low user on E7 it throws up Utilita as the best option for me ... but that deal doesn't exist - it's for PPM customers only.

Interestingly, if you have an E7 meter, this is probably the tariff to go for. It's actually cheaper than their single rates in some regions.
    e.g. for Eastern region

single rate
    11.592p per kWh

E7 rates
    11.004p per kWh (day)
    4.767p per kWh (low)

Snidely? Come on I said apparently. Based on the feedback on this very forum!
  • kittieviolet
    kittieviolet Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 27 September 2014 at 11:05AM
    Options
    I have just switched to v9. Its only available until mid October. I saved £128 per year from v8 1 year fix
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure