Options
    That didn't last long; only a week.

Was pulled yesterday (3rd October)
    Replaced with v10, which it appears is a lot more expensive. :(
  • ricy
    ricy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Oops ! On Eon website under Products and Services

We’ve replaced our E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year V9 tariff with E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year V10. This is still the cheapest tariff of the major energy suppliers1, and only available until no later than 15 October 2014*, so get a quote now.
    If you previously got a quote or signed up for E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year V9, V10 might be cheaper for you however, we made a mistake with our Economy 7 E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year V9 prices that we’ve now corrected with V10. Economy 7 prices for this version are more expensive. We’re sorry about this. If you’re an Economy 7 customer who received a quote based on E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year V9 and feel disadvantaged by this change, please get in touch (choose "my tariff and rewards" in the dropdown).
  • kittieviolet
    Options
    Swapped to Eon for this tariff.Shame they're not honouring the original offer.Disappointed
  • stewie_griffin
    Options
    Swapped to Eon for this tariff.Shame they're not honouring the original offer.Disappointed

If you switched on to the V9 then they're the prices you should get.It doesn't say they're not honouring those prices just that there was a mistake so they've brought out another version.
  • kittieviolet
    Options
    To be fair I just phoned Eon and it still says v9 on my account so that's good.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol, thought it sounded too good to be true! :D

Well done to all those that jumped on it quick and now have a year of fantastically priced leccy! :money:
  • Risinfromthegutter
    Options
    Is there any way of accessing the Tariff Information (costs) for v9??? I signed up, have confirmation email and everything but Eon claim it has not gone through but are saying v10 is cheaper anyway so I should switch to that. Before I do so I'd like to compare them
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there any way of accessing the Tariff Information (costs) for v9??? I signed up, have confirmation email and everything but Eon claim it has not gone through but are saying v10 is cheaper anyway so I should switch to that. Before I do so I'd like to compare them

Use a comparison site ;)

e.g. EHL has Eon 1 year fixed v9. Use that as your existing tariff just for comparison purposes and see how much cheaper/more expensive the currently available v10 is for you :)

(Don't attempt to switch using this info, just use it for comparison purposes. If you do decide to switch, re-enter details using your correct current supplier & tariff before applying throuigh the comparison site)
  • Risinfromthegutter
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Use a comparison site ;)

e.g. EHL has Eon 1 year fixed v9. Use that as your existing tariff just for comparison purposes and see how much cheaper/more expensive the currently available v10 is for you :)

(Don't attempt to switch using this info, just use it for comparison purposes. If you do decide to switch, re-enter details using your correct current supplier & tariff before applying throuigh the comparison site)

Thanks.

Done... to be fair to E.on, the tariffs are identical for me, so no issue, I'll just switch to v10... hopefully it goes through as planned (and confirmed) this time around!
  • vicki84
    vicki84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used USwitch on the 1st October to switch from EDF June 2015 E7 to E.ON V9 e7. I have received a confirmation email from USwitch. But could E.on refuse the switch because of the mistake with prices?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport