EON Fixed 1 year v9

Options

Comments

• ricy
    ricy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Received a series of emails this evening confirming my switch to the new tariff at the advertised rate :)
  • blenheim
    blenheim Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    ricy wrote: »
    Received a series of emails this evening confirming my switch to the new tariff at the advertised rate :)

Can you remember what date you applied to switch and did you use Uswitch or similar site? I applied on 2nd Oct and have only received the confirmation email from Uswitch. I am an E7 user so this plan will be a fantastic saving if they honour it.
  • ricy
    ricy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    2nd of Oct via uSwitch. E7 user too and my bill will come down by circa £17pcm. Don't know if it makes any difference, but last night I raised a query (link below -select My Tariff and Rewards as your Query Subject) and said that I registered for EON Fixed 1 year v9 but understood it had been withdrawn and could they advise what was happening with my transfer.

Sorry- site won't let me post the link as a "new user"- go to the eon home page then select Contact Us at the bottom right of the page, near the Facebook logo
  • blenheim
    blenheim Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    ricy wrote: »
    2nd of Oct via uSwitch. E7 user too and my bill will come down by circa £17pcm. Don't know if it makes any difference, but last night I raised a query (link below -select My Tariff and Rewards as your Query Subject) and said that I registered for EON Fixed 1 year v9 but understood it had been withdrawn and could they advise what was happening with my transfer.

Sorry- site won't let me post the link as a "new user"- go to the eon home page then select Contact Us at the bottom right of the page, near the Facebook logo

Thanks for prompt reply. I have just checked my emails and received one from Eon tonight confirming switch on v9.

Big sigh of relief.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Sorry for the late post but just thought I'd confirm. All those who switched to our Fixed 1 Year version 9 tariff through E.ON channels (phone/online) will be on the prices originally quoted from the date they timed their switch from. This includes both single rate and Economy 7 customers.

Customers applying through a third party switching site will also be ok provided the site sent us the details in time. Anyone unsure should contact us to check.

Sorry, too, for the confusion caused by this mistake but hope this helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, too, for the confusion caused by this mistake but hope this helps.

Malc
    I'm sure the people who got in on that super cheap E7 rate wont be worrying about it too much. ;):D
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My switch to this tariff should have completed on the 4th November, but my online account details don't seem to have caught up yet.

It now seems like the MSE tariff is a better deal, but I don't know if I can sign up to it.

When does the 14 day cancellation period run from? Is it from when you first apply? Are 'accepted' for the switch? Or, from the switch has completed?
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you sure the much hyped MSE collective switch is better? For me (Electricity only) E.ON fixed 1 year v9 is 15% cheaper.
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 November 2014 at 12:30PM
    Options
    I need to create a new account on the MSE comparison site as it still thinks the switch is processing and won't let me compare.

I was simply comparing the unit prices. I'll double check. (I don't use E7.)

Might not be a problem: Based on NPower's (my last provider) annual projection I may actually be better off on Eon's v12 tariff. I believe I can switch without any fees, so once v9 is up and running I can check again and switch if needed.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sponge wrote: »
    My switch to this tariff should have completed on the 4th November, but my online account details don't seem to have caught up yet.

It now seems like the MSE tariff is a better deal, but I don't know if I can sign up to it.

When does the 14 day cancellation period run from? Is it from when you first apply? Are 'accepted' for the switch? Or, from the switch has completed?

Your cooling off period starts from day of application.

If you are now with Eon (even if your online account hasn't yet caught up), then you can transfer to the Eom MSE collective tariff if you wish. You will not incur any early exit fee, and as you must apply via the CEC, you will get another possible £30 cashback for a dual fuel switch (assuming you haven't had one in the last year from CEC/MSM)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure