Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2014 at 5:56PM
    Options
    How do these 'engineers' sleep at night?
  • Truthful1
    Options
    However the current EU Directive on doorstep
    sales allows Member States to choose not to
    apply cancellation rights where the doorstep
    sale is deemed to have been solicited by the
    consumer. In the UK solicited doorstep sales
    do not attract statutory cancellation rights.
  • Truthful1
    edited 1 October 2014 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Cancellation rights provide consumers across
    the EU with a quick and effective means of
    legal redress. In defined circumstances the
    consumer has a right to think again about the
    purchase, end the contract without liability
    and get their money back without having to
    take court action. These rights are needed
    because there may be circumstances where:
    ■ the trader can unduly pressurise consumers
    to buy
    there is a lack of opportunity for
    consumers to compare what different
    traders offer, or to study the ‘small print’
    on any contract
    FISCHER 'ENGINEER' PRACTICE
    ■ the consumer cannot physically examine
    the purchase before they buy, because they
    are buying by mail order, telephone or
    internet.
  • Truthful1
    edited 1 October 2014 at 6:39PM
    Options
    1-Apr-14 22:43 (Changed by Vicky Which? why?)
    Personally I would be careful of Fischer, based upon the experience that my parents had with them.

My parents were under the impression that they could save money by having their heaters and they signed up there and then.

As I was unable to cancel the order I informed Fischer I would try to find out the break down of costs.

Another testimonial.

My parents are in debt for £3500.00 over 3 years. This is for only 2 yes 2 storage heaters with what they say is a 25% discount.
    Which amounts to a massive £2000.00 each.
    I will do all I can to make everyone aware of the cost of these radiators.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    wachdog wrote: »
    I do not believe peacock, so with winter round the corner will i be able to achieve the same results with say a £30-£50 heater from my local store. Do i have to send over a £1000 for a German storage heater or whatever brand it may be and if so can the boss at Fischer convince me here on this blog before I invite your sales chaps to my home. I need money saving advise. I am quite old and would not want to be forced to buy them without proper research. So please if you are for real let me hear you out.

Thermal underwear and jumpers. Cosy and cheaper.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Fischer Storage Heater
    Next Product
    Fischer Storage Heater
    Yes! I am interested
    FOB Price : Get Latest Price
    Unlike the outdated night storage heaters, Fischer use a modern concept of heat production and storage with a chamotte aluminium based ceramic fireclay core. Chammotte is a fireproof clay core mixed with up to 45% aluminium oxide, which allows the core to heat up quickly. The core can be fired up to temperatures of 1500 °c making it very heat resistant refactory ceramic clay core.

The 40mm chammote clay core is exclusive to Fischer storage heaters - and allows it to heat up faster and retain heat for longer than other similar slim line storage heaters.

The actual input is regulated by the room thermostat thereby boosting the clay core as desired, depending on the weather and the desired programme in the room, giving you complete control of each room's temperature and you can still benefit from the cheaper electricity rate during the night using economy 7 or heatwise. This concept of heating has been successfully proven in Germany and Northern Europe where temperatures can be colder for longer.

Send Enquiry

* Email
  • Truthful1
    edited 1 October 2014 at 7:12PM
    Options
    Southwest Heating Solutions acknowledge the growth in popularity of the highly sophisticated German storage radiators which we believe offer very significant running cost savings over more traditional night storage heaters.

We are the sole UK supplier of this unique product and any company in the UK who provide these popular radiators buy them directly from us.

If you've seen or even had a demonstration of German storage heaters you'll already know how controllable, technically advanced and simple to operate they are. German made 24 hour electric storage systems are widely acknowledged to be the best quality electric heating system available anywhere in the world.

We have a wide choice of completely MAINTENANCE FREE radiators at the best prices.

Our heaters are NOT night storage heaters

Night storage (economy7) can't predict the weather! Do you have them on in Spring and Autumn or turn them off and possibly rely on expensive back-up heating? Or turn the input and output dials down and hope for the best?

There's no way of accurately predicting tomorrow's outside temperature. Even in summer the nights can often be cold.

You may find that some rooms in your home may not be used every day or their use may be unpredictable, an ordinary heater has no way of knowing. With our German storage heaters this isn't a problem, even if they are not on a timer, they reach at full operating temperature within a few minutes.

What about bedrooms and bathrooms? You probably don't need heat throughout the day but with an Economy7 heater you HAVE to have it on to keep you warm when you go to bed or have a bath on an evening. This is no problem with German heaters because they can either be PRE-TIMED to come on only when you want then to or you simply just switch them on when you enter a room.

Sometimes you may need a boost to your economy7 storage heaters during the day to keep them topped up for the evening (Economy10) and that's costing you even more money, and we're always seeing back up heating which may well be costing another 30p per hour on top, for just one 2 bar electric fire.

Thermostats

Each radiator has its own thermostat, controlling the radiator by constantly monitoring the room temperature. Immediately when the thermostat detects a lowering of room temperature, it switches the heater back on to give precisely the correct amount of energy to raise the temperature to your pre-selected setting. For your home, hotel, church hall and other public places there are other wonderful features.

Alongside RCE SERVICES UK, we can arrange for the radiators to work in conjunction with a movement monitor, so the radiator will only come on when someone enters the room and go off again when they leave. Or the option of a radio controlled times which can be set to drop the radiator temperature when you aren't around but need some heating for your pet or delicate plants whilst you are out.

What’s inside our radiators and why?

You probably won't be surprised that we think German storage radiators are a major technological step forward. They represent the bulk of our sales to domestic and commercial users are possibly the fastest growing electric heating solution in the UK.

Our German storage heaters have the ability to continuously generate and conserve heat within the heater core. This is achieved by a series of up to 20 heat plates of a very special material known as Chamotte set within the radiator. The Chamotte blocks not only store heat but also heat up very quickly, so electricity draw down is low. Independent testing in the UK and Germany demonstrates the low running costs.

Each heat plate has its own coiled element nestling inside. Immediately the power comes on, the element starts to get hot, and in turn heats up its own Chamotte storage plate to its maximum in an astonishing 5 minutes. Traditional night storage heaters take 7 hours to achieve maximum heat storage.

Why our German radiators are different

Every day we're asked what makes our radiators different from other German storage radiators. One of the biggest differences is the quality. For example the ceramic blocks in our radiators are VERY different. Others may have ceramic blocks where the embedded heating element is sealed in by back-filling with cement, others may have a European manufactured block but crucially, they are porous.

Our blocks are specially manufactured using only the very finest quality ceramic, which not only can withstand decades of constant use but are 100% non-porous. This may appear not to be very significant BUT it is a crucial implication for many of our professional customers including some of the largest social housing providers nationwide.

Although they are far more costly to produce this is a highly critical aspect of our commitment to supply the best. In our damp British climate, often ceramics found in other German storage radiators can absorb moisture from the atmosphere during periods when they are switched off for some time, especially during the summer months.

When they come on in the autumn the damp ingress may cause the radiator to short circuit the house electrics and can also create rusting in the inner casement. Buying from Southwest Heating Solutions gives our many thousands of happy customers peace of mind....

Efficiency and performance

Please see our test results and case study page
    Test Results

These tests have shown that to heat a large living room on a cold day with a 2kw German dynamic storage radiator to a steady and comfortable 71 degrees Fahrenheit, 21 degrees c. the required electricity draw down was for 17 minutes every hour, (whilst the outdoor temperature was a very cold MINUS 7 degrees centigrade.)

So for 8 hours of heating only 2 hours and 16 minutes of power input was required.

At 12p per kilowatt hour that calculates out to just under 55p, or just under 7p per hour or £3.85 per week. When the required room temperature was reduced to 16 degrees centigrade, the electricity consumption was for only 10 minutes in the hour thus reducing energy usage by 40% to £2.31 per week.
    AND THIS WAS WHILST THE OUTDOOR (AMBIENT) TEMPERATURE AVERAGED MINUS 7 DEGREES C. (But please remember that everyone's home and requirements differ so results may vary)
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Is it possible to purchase these efficient radiators and just plug them in to an ordinary socket. Then, on a sunny mid winter day, just switch the panel on whilst generating solar to supplement a gas CH system? Then, when there is a demand for the gas CH, it will be starting at a higher starting point (use less gas) and also if these electric radiators sore heat, that heat can be released later in the day.

The SWHS team
    October 29, 2013

It is most certainly possible to utilize solar pv. However we would NOT advise you to plug in a whole house full onto your current ring mains. You (or we) would install their own dedicated ring main under that circumstance.

The heaters do not store heat like night storage radiators. They download electricity and immediately release heat when the temperature falls below the temperature you set. Rather than downloading hours of electricity at night, they just download at points in the day, as and when needed. You can control the heaters in several ways but the most popular is via a downloadable app which you can use from your laptop, computer or any smart device including your phone. You are then able to control your heating easily room by room from wherever you are in the world.

We have many customers who use pv to help power their ELKATHERM rads, so you’d be in good company!

amanda brebner
    November 13, 2013

Is it right that the radiators can be operated on E7?? Fishers apparently can?? confused..

southwestheatingsolutions
    November 13, 2013

Yes, all radiators CAN operate on Economy 7, ours also, but all German thermostatically controlled heaters (including Fischer) will also download energy on the day time rate which can make running costs very expensive (because when you have an Economy 7 meter, the daytime rate is on average 20% higher that someone without an Economy 7 meter).

We advise that unless you want to operate your heaters from 12am – 7am and do not switch them on at any other time, operating your heaters on Economy 7 can completely negate any advantage of using the German Heating system. This is why we change 95% of our customers tariffs to a single rate tariff. Hope that helped? If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call and speak to the technical team.

Leave a Reply
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Well, I hope that when all you dedicated tech buffs that frequent this site wake up tomorrow you will be able to digest the vast tomb of material I have found above. Apologies if it is too much. Thanks.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Ah, I get it now.
    When you have an Economy 7 meter, the daytime rate is higher. WOW
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business