PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• If you did not want PPI why did you not complain when it started appearing on your itemised monthly statements back in 2000 but instead keep paying it until now?

Because the balance was always paid off in full by direct debit each month, and i only used it for non-essential purchases. Stupidly i never really read the statements (back then i lived at home, no money issues) i only looked at the balance amounts. Since then i honestly thought the amounts they were charging everyone who had a credit card paid it. Stupid i Know.

Do you think this will have my claim rejected again?

Thanks for your help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Because the balance was always paid off in full by direct debit each month, and i only used it for non-essential purchases.
    If this is true, then you'll barely have any money to be refunded. Credit card PPI is only charged when there is an outstanding balance on the card. If you always paid it off, you won't have paid PPI.
    Of course, if you did pay PPI during some periods, this beggars the question again of why you didn't notice it on your statements?
    Do you think this will have my claim rejected again?
    There is no point approaching the Bank to "explain", since they've sent you their full and final response. The next stage of your complaint is to refer it to FOS
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step4

Do be aware this can take a year or more and you are by no means certain of a positive result.
  • clara2376
    Options
    Hi,
    I have recently made a claim for PPI refund via The Claims Guys - before anyone shouts, yes I now know this may not have been such a good idea!.
    I have received an offer of £7121, this is the total refund amount offered for mis-sold ppi on a total of 5 loans. The Claims Guys are charging me 30% on each of the loans and not 30% for the overall total. This obviously makes a rather large dent in the actual amount I've been offered. What I would like to know is:
    a) Can I reject the offer from the Claims Guys and then claim direct from the lender?
    b) If the above is not possible, can I negotiate with the Claims Guys and offer to pay them their fee of 30% but on the overall amount instead of on each of the 5 separate amounts?
  • xxlozxx
    Options
    Had the not upheld letter from Halifax today for PPI on 4 loans. These have been confirmed by the Halifax as single premiums. They state on the CCA that the total amount including any interest would have been shown. It isn't the initial loan amounts are shown with monthly interest then in a separate box at the bottom of the form it shows PPI monthly premium then in brackets this may be variable but no mention of interest etc. They also state we took out PPI at our local branch and quoted the dates. Again wrong, we did the loan applications on the phone and never went into the branch - one of the dates they said we applied in branch was 1st January lol (New years Day?). They have completely ignored the point that although a joint loan only my husband was covered, we would never have agreed to this even if we were considering taking out PPI. What next?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    clara2376 wrote: »
    The Claims Guys are charging me 30% on each of the loans and not 30% for the overall total.
    I fail to see how one is different from the other?
    If, for example, you won redress of £500 for each loan then the total would still be £2000 for four loans!???
    If you paid 30% of £500 four times it would be the same as 30% of £2000!
  • clara2376
    Options
    The Claims Guys have listed the amount of redress for each loan followed by what their charge is for each one @ 30% - these 5 amounts add up to £2586.71. Unless I'm mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, 30% of £7121 is £2136.30 so it looks like I'm being left £450 out of pocket
  • dizzydiane85
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm having difficulty with RBS. I had a loan with Natwest 9 years ago (total £20,000) and I was mis-sold PPI (told I had to have the protection otherwise I would not be accepted)
    I started a claim with Natwest on 25th June, I got a letter 2 days later saying please allow 8 weeks etc., on the 21st August eight weeks had elapsed and I called the PPI concerns team to establish what stage they were at, they told me that a FDL had been sent on 9th August (offering me £6960) but I never received it! They told me that I had to wait for a full two working weeks to pass without receiving it before they could put in a request to raise a new letter (?) so I did as I was told.
    Last week (after the bank holiday) I called to let them know that the letter still hadn't arrived and one of their representatives said that he would email the correct department and get the letter re-sent BUT I would have to allow a further two weeks for delivery...
    I called today to check that the letter had been despatched and I was told that it STILL hadn't been sent, "due to a backlog" they wouldn't be sending it this week, I'd need to allow at least another 15 days and that the amount offered now stood at £6717...
    Is this normal? Am I being mucked about? what can I do? why is the amount dropping?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, the frustration is immense and I really need the money ASAP...
  • jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The Claims Guys have listed the amount of redress for each loan followed by what their charge is for each one @ 30% - these 5 amounts add up to £2586.71. Unless I'm mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, 30% of £7121 is £2136.30 so it looks like I'm being left £450 out of pocket

Phone them up either they have miscalculated or the are charging you 30% plus a £450 lump sum.

It doesn't matter whether the figures are worked out seperately or together 30% is 30%

Will you let us know how you get on?
  • clara2376
    Options
    jay-1 wrote: »
    Phone them up either they have miscalculated or the are charging you 30% plus a £450 lump sum.

It doesn't matter whether the figures are worked out seperately or together 30% is 30%

Will you let us know how you get on?

Thanks, I'll give them a call and will post their response on here
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give them a call and will post their response on here
    You've obviously forgotten that, in addition to the 30% fee, there is VAT to be paid. That is what the extra £450 is for.
    I'm certain this will have been itemised on their bill.

Yet another warning not to use a claims management company.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback