Shall we get started?

Options

Comments

• Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Thanks Cath and Coffee Cup.
    Dog now home following his eventful evening.
    He has a drain in the wound so we'll go back on Thursday and he has a lampshade thing round his neck. It's a tragi-comedy as he ricocches off every chair, kitchen unit (of course they have sticky out handles:mad:) and door frames, like a furry dodgem:o, but i daren't take it off as he'd lick the stitches out and they've to stay in for 14 days:eek:.
    Can't believe how much i missed him last night and this morning, he's finally settled now i've sat down to type here, dare i make a move for a cup of tea (that'll be a recycled bag!!).
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Still on dog watch, he didn't get the drains taken out, they want to see him again tomorrow.
    Have a little extra job that I'm trying to do, will get £700 for it but my heart is not in it. Probably because it might pay for the vet, not for any nice extras that we would love as a family:(.

Also trying to sew in a million name tapes for school, ds can't even get away with dd's hand me downs without new labels :mad:, should have given them all the same initial!!
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Mortgage statement in and balance down accordingly.
    Don't know how to tackle this month as the vet bill is looking around the £500 mark and DH's car is due it's mot and he has £150 worth of dental work to factor in:mad:.
    Think i'll move £381.48 now and wait and see what the car costs:eek:.
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    5p roadkill found outside Tesco yesterday, so will see if i can op it:rotfl:.
    Not a lot happening, getting screened out of surveys, or pages not loading etc, v annoying.
    Couldn't even get the selling page to work on ebay, so the gremlins are fighting me.

Also so so sick of the referendum, i've voted as i'm working at it on the day (£200ish:j) but how can people be expected to vote for a completely unknown future? There are NO certainties and maybe it's my age and being a parent but that scares me. It could well be the best thing for the country but Alex Salmond is a bully with his 'i don't accept that' answer to every question asked and if he drops dead like John Smith or Donald Dewar there is no-one behind him to take over.
    It is such a huge thing but it is being steamrollered through with no questions answered and i don't think people are thinking, just getting swept along by the hysteria and the whole future being based on having 'hope':mad:. I hope i'll win the lottery, i hope my children get to Oxbridge(:rotfl:), i hope the dog has no more accidents, but how can we make this decision just on having hope???

Off to practice my deep breathing now!
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Saved £12.65 off diesel at Tesco, so will split that to OP and savings. Also got paid £200 for working at the referendum, so glad and relieved that sanity prevailed on the day:j:j.
    So again will split that between mort and savings.

Not a lot else happening, work mental, home a tip, work life balance:rotfl: xx
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Mortgage down a little, £508.33 from payments of £497.86:j

Payments so far this month are the usual £381.21 along with half of £co £8.20 and half of the saving between the actual cost of DH's dental work and the quote, £61.36:beer:
    Waiting for a cheque for some extra work i did, think i may have to push for it, but don't want to be rude as would love to get a chance of doing the work again in the future:D.

Have had to put the heating on a couple of times but had a flush last night so it went off again - the :money:joys of getting to a certain age:rotfl:
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi PWD, I know exactly what you mean about certain ages and heating :rotfl:

I'm nearly always too hot and it's Mr T and DS who feel the cold. We have got the heating on in the morning and evening but only at 18 degrees. Seems ok to me and DS hasn't moaned yet :)

Well done on the mortgage payments - it's great to see the number head south.

Best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    £3.28 to mortgage and the same to savings, thank you £co:D

One child on half term this week, so his treat today will be to come to Costco with me and pass the smelling salts when i faint at the checkout:eek:
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    £67.48 to mort and the same to savings, DH's payment from the count last month:j.

Sadly savings may be depleated very soon, his car, only worth £1k or so has passed it's mot but has advisories of £1,300:eek:.

Would rather buy a small diesel that is worth hanging on to, as Dave Ramsey says a 'beater'.

Off to work out how much should go to the mort following the costco trip:D
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    £18.38 x 2 was the saving from the costco trip, so on half to mortgage and the other to savings.

Right off to look at google small cheap diesel cars, might venture out to look at some garages tomorrow:eek::eek::eek:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business