What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 26/6

Options

Comments

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DNMS Thank you for starting off this week's thread. I like the way you are dealing with your work situation, hope things improve soon.

FatVonD Good luck to your son in getting a job.

1LuckyLady I hope all is well with you and your family and you are just to busy to post.

I have not been posting over the last few weeks but I have read daily your ongoings.

I started writing this about 7 hours ago but life got in the way :cool:

Days debt free wannabe achievements:
    Opened curtains fully to get as much natural light as possible into the house (deep windowsills, small windows)
    Reserved library book for free
    Renewed library books
    Made bread
    Dry washing outside in the sunshine
    Lots of cuddles with my 5 day old niece
    NSD
    All food and drink from stores
    Set WM to run overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    Batch of porridge soaking overnight
    Shared lifts with another family to the children's evening activities
    Take snacks and drinks to gym training this morning
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've not liked today much.

I got up early today to drive to drop my prescription at the GPs the minute they opened then was going to leave the car near my old house and get the train in from there. I left the house a 8.20am, sat in traffic for 25 minutes before finding out there had been an accident en route then turned round and made it back home in time to leave for my normal train.

Now bloke who got the job I wanted started today, I don't like him one little bit as he's an arrogant !!!!! (can I say that on here? We'll see :o ) and annoying woman has made a song and dance all day about getting his computer set up right.

My headache has returned so it was YS sandwiches and salads for dinner tonight with some YS Sicilian Lemon tart for pudding.

I thought my DS had taken the dirty washing from the landing downstairs as it had disappeared but no, he'd just dumped it all on my bed :mad:

I saw DSXGF in Mr T with her new BF but they didn't see me so awkward situation avoided :cool:

Tomorrow can only get better!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: day 2 of annual leave but have a small amount of work to do, it's not really an issue as have to stay in this afternoon for boiler man to come and service the boiler (included in the plan). Other things:

Make biscuits
    Take back returns
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Make units I bought yesterday
    Collect tubs from friend I've bought
    Maybe pop to shop and get a small tray of flowers, some I planted were past their best and haven't made it despite my best efforts
    Weed part of the garden so I can still hear the door
    Meals from stores
    Place order from small biz
    At least 2 things off my jobs whilst on holiday list :D

Baileys babe hope all is getting straight for your sister, see her baby has arrived.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all!

I didn't get up in time to dro the prescription, I'm going to spend lunchtime today comparing surgery hours of the two closest to me so I know which will be the best to register at.

I have breakfast, lunch and snacks with me so no spends needed but I am going to splash out on the 2 for tues pizza deal tonight to free up some time, I'll also be giving the YS run a miss, they kept us waiting for half an hour last night.

Ironically, just as I've donated all my junk to the CS one of the YS regulars has said if I ever do another she'd like to come with me and share the pitch/cost, I'm sure I'll accumulate plenty more stuff!

Tonight will be about working my way through the washing pile on the quickest washes, it's not huge so I can get it all done in an evening if I'm organised.

I need to hoover upstairs and scrub a couple of stains where I have spilt things.

I might relocate the cat litter tray to a little cubby hole cupboard in the kitchen and then I can close the door on it when the back door is open which is most of the time (there is a covered litter tray out there)

Hoe everyone has a good day :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Today's list:
    Checked banks, noticed that £50 from Yougov has arrived :D
    Dog walk (done), OH can do #2!
    Take sales stock brought back from unit yesterday out of car - done, but I still have to put it away!
    Load of washing - done, out on line, with fingers crossed it doesn't rain before it dries
    Tidy up, clean bathroom
    Start a shopping list, cba to go today, will go tomorrow with little GD, will break up the day, and she is well behaved at the shops :A More interesting, outdoor activities unlikely as the weather doesn't look good :(
    Make a chilli to use defrosted mince and odd veg in the fridge :)
    Paperwork for business
    Any surveys that are available

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Last post before heading off on our mini break for our 20th wedding anniversary. Most likely I won't be back online until later this week. I'm not being much of a MSE at all at the moment and the cash seems to be going out faster than it's coming in. But once I'm back from my break I'll get back into the groove of saving!

Today I have to:

* Load the rest of spending money onto the Revolt card as recommended by Martin :money:
    * Pedicure and manicure
    * Purchase last minute toiletries
    * Home workout later in anticipation of the extra calories I'll be putting away :D
    * Pop to Sainsburys for extra bits for the kids to eat the next few days
    * Put out of office on and relax!!

Have a good week everyone. I'm off to 40 degrees sunshine! Yikes! :cool:
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

Dull, dreary and miserable weather (matches my mood too), my little list:

Packed lunch for DS - Done
    Check Bank & make PAD - Done
    Ironing - Done
    DS to Footie Training -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Luckyphone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi guys :) day off without madam today and I've been busy!

Re did my CV and sent it off to local mp (they are recruited as we have a new mp :) ) & also for another position - yesterday expressed an interest in a position that has just become vacant in my current charity but different team and with a definite place/office :)

went to outskirts of nearest town and got things for madam's party - jeeps things like prizes for games, party bag items, paper plates & serviettes don't come cheap! I spent £34 and I suspect I'll spend the same again on food - maybe less? I don't know I find catering for large numbers hard!

got madam's birthday gifts in TK Maxx so a bit of a saving there ;)

My brother is now making the sand/water play table for her as my plumbing skills proved lacking!

picked up school uniform ordered online, but need to return 2 bits for bigger sizes!

making a potato & chickpea curry using up chickpeas ;)

might go for a dip in the hot tub with madam shortly

will tend to plants and wrap birthday gifts/party game prizes later

That's me!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ziggy -hope you feel brighter soon :(
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Concentrating on the positives…
    Decided to start wearing the spare fitbit – loving it so far :D
    Cheapo porridge brekkie
    Visited veg man – got loads for £5 – much cheaper than our old veg box delivery… :o
    OH cooking tonight - love his cooking :D
    Need to check banking/reconcile YNAB etc.
    Did my own manicure – home gel nail kit has saved me tons!
    Tied hair up :cool:
    Put £2 cashback towards something Ally would never buy - a veg spiralizer :rotfl: (Plan is that it will encourage me to take lunch to work...again! :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure