Kleeneeze or Betterware?

louloubelle79
louloubelle79 Posts: 411 Forumite
First Post
edited 15 November 2016 at 12:03PM in Boost your income
MoneySavingExpert Insert:

Hi! If you've come through from Google, see our latest tips on ways to make more cash read our Boost Your Income guide.

Back to the original discussion:

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had experience of either of these companies and would recommend?? what percentage you get? if you have to buy books etc?
Thanks

Comments

• lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Betterware give you the books for free - though as for the % earnings, no idea sorry, but there are a few people on here who do betterware and do quite well from it.

Kleeneze - well I tried it the start of last year - and gave up after a few weeks. You have to buy the books, which is fine many companies have start up costs, but with not having a set territory, it was difficult for us to deliver/collect the brochures often enough to get enough orders to be worth submitting - there are delivery costs, a charge each month to order on the internet (they may have got rid of this by now perhaps?!), you have to buy order forms...it obviously works for some people but it didn't for us.

with any company they will be pros & cons, you need to work out all the costs involved in the companies you are interested in, so that you know how many orders you would realistically need to get before you will break even.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    Hi I have done Kleeneze in the past, i think commission is around 21%, you have to pay to join and buy brochures, they usually say you need at least 100 to start although you can start with 50. You can build a team and up your earnings with Kleeneze and theres no territory.
    Betterware is not your own biz in the way Kleeneze is, you have a coordinator who delivers the books to you, no joining fee and no fee for books. You are given a set territory, drop the books when you are told and hand orders to the coordinator who then delivers them to you to deliver. No team building.
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • i looked at both and tbh betterware is better - no outlay, designated area (kleeneze say that there is loads of room for everyone - not always the case!) 20% of takings for betterware with no sanctions shoudl you lose, ruin books etc.
    i would suggest you try betterware (for free) rather than forking out loads for kleeneze but thats my opinon.
    O/S Debt: PL £[STRIKE]15207.34[/STRIKE] £9884.55; HSBC £4060.99; Tesco£1430.15; M&S £5990.17; Virgin [STRIKE]£5158.69[/STRIKE] £4210.14; Egg £4619.00; O/S = ££30,292.42 AIM - To Be Debt Free 56 months
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    Both suck and post unwanted garbage at inflated prices in peoples homes
  • alona1
    alona1 Posts: 292 Forumite
    I'm asking the same question at the moment.

You get 20% off both of them. So I keep thinking I'd rather start up for free.

Its £7.50 per month to do your orders online with Kleeneze.

I'm not looking at building a team, just want some extra cash coming into the house. I'm leaning more towards betteware at the moment.
  • Kit603
    Kit603 Posts: 142 Forumite
    I did Kleeneze from Feb '09 - Feb '10 and eventually gave it up because I moved house and didn't want to have to start building up a new area again at the same time as trying to revise for my end of year exams at uni. I would recommend it to anybody who's serious about building a business, and would consider going back in the future.

I paid £134 to join and in my first 4 weeks earned £242.50 after expenses (not inc. the initial start-up cost). By the time I left, I worked between 12 - 15 hours a week and was earning between £800 and £900 (4 weekly) when I eventually quit. My expenses (national insurance, petrol, catalogues etc) came to about £100 a month on average, which still made my hourly rate more than £10 an hour.

You get 21% commission from anything you sell with Kleeneze but, unlike Betterware, there are also bonus' of up to an additional 24% available. (Note - the extra 24% is worked out using the actual price of the goods to kleeneze not the catalogue price if you know what I mean? Whereas the first 21% is 21% according to the catalogue price.)

If you sell more than £764 of goods in 4 weeks - very achievable (I did it in my first 4 weeks) then you get 10% bonus and usually some free catalogues and stuff as an incentive aswell.

There were some charges that my sponsor didn't tell me about, which you might be interested in knowing:

£7.50 a month for internet ordering (i'm quite sure you get 1 or 2 months free to start with). You can submit your orders by post/fax and there's no charge for this however delivery is more expensive as people who subscribe to internet ordering get free delivery if they order more than £250 worth of stuff (£150 during promos) and people who aren't subscribed pay for their deliveries.

£7.50 - Messaging service, completely optional but gives you a number you can give out to clients, possible new team members etc without having to give out your housephone number then you just collect your messages at your convenience. Also allows your upline to send you messages.

£15 per person for conference tickets (first conference free) - twice a year there's a conference at the NIA Birmingham and its completely optional but i've heard some sponsors can be quite pushy about attendance.
    Success' of 2012:
    -
    Debts:
    Student Loans: £28,758

• chrisaj
    chrisaj Posts: 285 Forumite
    Some groups in kleeneze are very pushy, be careful
    I get paid to smell great :j
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    i dont buy from either as i find the prices are expensive for what they are and i have seen some of the exact same items in the catalogues in the £1 shop
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I suppose its a choice between two rubbish companies, neither is wanted in most homes and both sell this dream that is a wonderful opportunity, when sadly it isnt the case

Oh and most of the goods can be bought at Wilkinsons, Home bargains or poundland for much less
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    I suppose its a choice between two rubbish companies, neither is wanted in most homes and both sell this dream that is a wonderful opportunity, when sadly it isnt the case

Oh and most of the goods can be bought at Wilkinsons, Home bargains or poundland for much less

Thats why i joined Wikaniko because its different, everyone are distributors including the people running it, all profits are used to benefit the distributors and customers . The more products we sell the more buying power is created and we can then keep prices low for the customers, co-operative marketing - a great idea. Eco-friendly prices tend to be higher than non eco-friendly products but with this idea, we join and buy our own items from ourselves at wholesale prices instead of Supermarkets etc and also spread the word locally and encourage people to do the same or buy products from us helping everyone become a bit greener easily and we earn an extra income as well. Wikaniko products not only benefit the Earth but are also everyday useage products in the main.
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure