Lowcostholidays collapses – your rights as 140,000 hit by travel chaos

Options

Comments

• Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    You need to wait out the process but try to push them along with daily calls asking for an update
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Duane_Dibley
    Duane_Dibley Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    I think it depends on the type of Nationwide account you have. If you have an account that gives only European cover you wont have ESF. If you have one that gives Worldwide cover (eg £10/month charge) you have. I think it is page 45 on the Worldwide policy document. Policy docs for European cover say you can buy an add on for ESF I think I read somewhere. It's all a bit hazy now with all the stress - I need a holiday!

Sorry I was wrong, when I read the small print on the IPP ESF policy it only relates to the likes of car hire/hotels etc and not tour operator failure. I called IPP to confirm this and a nice lady said Nationwide have been misinforming people that IPP would cover them. Plan B then.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Administrators were called in because they couldn't pay the bills, no consumer should assume they will get a penny from them. Once the tax man, staff who haven't been paid and landlords put in their claims the money will be gone.

Please don't call every day as suggested, if everyone did that, no work would actually get done by any bank. In most cases banks have to process the claim by contacting the bank that processed your card and allow 14 days for Low Cost to raise any objection to the claim. Since they are no longer trading, there will be no response and the claim will be considered at that point
  • Henners74
    Options
    Hello,

I had booked to go to Abu Dhabi in December and paid Lowcostholidays £1,600. I have spoken to Etihad Airlines today and they have confirmed that the flights have been paid. I have a confirmation from Etihad also confirming our seats on the flights both from the UK and back to the UK. The problem that now occurs from the conversation with Etihad is that Lowcostholidays haven't issued the e-tickets and Etihad can't issue them either as it seems that their system will only allow them to issue tickets that have been bought directly from them. Does anybody have any idea how I can get the e-tickets issued.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Henners74 wrote: »
    Hello,

I had booked to go to Abu Dhabi in December and paid Lowcostholidays £1,600. I have spoken to Etihad Airlines today and they have confirmed that the flights have been paid. I have a confirmation from Etihad also confirming our seats on the flights both from the UK and back to the UK. The problem that now occurs from the conversation with Etihad is that Lowcostholidays haven't issued the e-tickets and Etihad can't issue them either as it seems that their system will only allow them to issue tickets that have been bought directly from them. Does anybody have any idea how I can get the e-tickets issued.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

So the flights haven't been ticketed? Surely the airline must have a way of ticketing their own flights, irrespective of how they were bought?
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    Administrators were called in because they couldn't pay the bills, no consumer should assume they will get a penny from them. Once the tax man, staff who haven't been paid and landlords put in their claims the money will be gone.

Please don't call every day as suggested, if everyone did that, no work would actually get done by any bank. In most cases banks have to process the claim by contacting the bank that processed your card and allow 14 days for Low Cost to raise any objection to the claim. Since they are no longer trading, there will be no response and the claim will be considered at that point

I suggested calling the bank every day to push along a S75 claim, not calling LCH, I wouldn't even bother once with that
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »

Exactly what I was going to say. There is a process to be followed and making a PITA of yourself doesn't make it happen any faster.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • deloodid
    deloodid Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    ses6jwg wrote: »
    I paid back in January for a stay in Dublin in September, hotel for 3 nights paid £200 no idea why but I used my Nationwide Flexplus debit card.

I have emailed the hotel to see if the booking is still valid or not.

I have no idea why I used a debit card it's not normally what I do. What is my best bet here? I checked my Flexplus travel insurance and surprise surprise, insolvency outside the UK is excluded... chargeback via debit card?

My insurance said the same, its now to speak to my bank about Chargeback.
    Low Carb Dieter. start 18.8, currently 14.4
    Target is 14 stone.

Wins so far = Tea Or Coffee Brooches.
  • Henners74
    Options
    Moto2 wrote: »
    I suggested calling the bank every day to push along a S75 claim, not calling LCH, I wouldn't even bother once with that

That's what I would have thought.
  • Henners74
    Options
    So the flights haven't been ticketed? Surely the airline must have a way of ticketing their own flights, irrespective of how they were bought?

That's what I would have thought. But that's what they have said. They also told me that I could repurchase the seats that have already been paid for.

Really struggling for ideas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport