Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FullForce wrote: »
    Ah, the speculation continues...

In the mean time, learn to make hay whilst the sun shines. ;)

Btw, the sun has just gone in :cool:

Perhaps they have closed their books as the energy they have forward bought has now all been accounted for?
    Now if they were continuing to sell at such cheap rates despite them knowing that, you may well have had a valid point. But they have stopped temporarily.

Or it may simply be they are not wishing to grow too quickly, need to get their systems in place properly before taking on additional customers who are flocking to them?
    I remember Flow have done this in the past ... and they are still trading

Or are you suggesting all those cheaper gas suppliers might all be going bust too???

I am not suggesting that any supplier is going bust but it is clear from Facebook, Twitter, Trustpilot and this forum that Iresa has issues.

Flow Energy is currently up for sale ........

http://www.business-sale.com/news/article/small-energy-supplier-flow-up-for-sale-38516.html
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I am not suggesting that any supplier is going bust but it is clear from Facebook, Twitter, Trustpilot and this forum that Iresa has issues.

Flow Energy is currently up for sale ........

http://www.business-sale.com/news/article/small-energy-supplier-flow-up-for-sale-38516.html

Sorry, I obviously misinterpreteed your last comment where you questioned the financial control the supplier may have in forward purchasing energy at teh correct costs and went on in the same post to say you have no wish to see any supplier go under.

It was that inferenec that I, and I suspect many others will do imilarly, that you were suggesting the supplier is going bust.

But tnaks for clarifying that you had no such intention to do so :)

Not sure what Flow being up for sale relates to? I could make another inference, but as my last one was so wrong, perhaps you could clarify that point too please?
  • FullForce
    Options
    Are Trustpilot ... - they should be done under the Trades Description Act

A sorry site of dispair and worry perpetrated by anonymous users, some of whom no doubt realise just what a shocking untrustworthy site it has become, that they take to other places in their attempts to cast their doom & gloom stories of horror.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FullForce wrote: »

Not sure what Flow being up for sale relates to? I could make another inference, but as my last one was so wrong, perhaps you could clarify that point too please?

You seem to be managing that quite well without me. :)

As far as Iresa is concerned, as a dual fuel customer, I hope that they can get their act together. A gas bill would be nice: an accurate one even better.
  • FullForce
    Options
    You seem to be managing that quite well without me. :)

So do you have the explanation please? That is why, afterall, I asked the question.
    Just so we are all clear :)
    As far as Iresa is concerned, as a dual fuel customer, I hope that they can get their act together. A gas bill would be nice: an accurate one even better.

So with all this moaning about them, you are a secret customer, eh?

Know a good deal when you see one, don't you Hengus? :money:

Shame about the do as I say, not as I do approach you appear to preach to others.

If you don't like the supplier, ditch & switch - there is no early exit fee to worry about ... but you will pay a high price for whatever other supplier you choose. ;)

As for billing, refer to the terms you agreed to when you elected to use Iresa as your supplier.

You can't expect caviar on sardine money, you know ;)
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 April 2017 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Even on a cheap deal, I don't think it's unreasonable for 3x3 to equal 9 and not 10. Particuarly in a regulated industry.

And as for conjecture about Iresa's future. I hope they don't go bust either, but there's plenty of space to make guesses about what them closing the doors to new customers means on that huge wall of silence they've built.

They removed themselves from PCW's before, (I actually joined at such a time thanks to a tip here, from Hengus as it happens). I hope it's voluntary, they really should have done the same thing again sooner, or at least replaced their v4 tariff with a v5 that had less tempting prices until they could get on top of customer numbers.

I'm willing to put a lot of the current issues down to growing pains and Hanlon's Razor, but then I have been described as 'Irritatingly Optimistic' in the past.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    This is my response from Ofgem:
    Thank you for your email.

You may be aware that Ofgem does not have a direct role in investigating or resolving individual consumer complaints. Should you require advice, you may wish to contact Citizens Advice consumer service. The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues. They can also transfer calls to escalated contacts within the supplier.

For further information please visit their website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 040506. You can write to them at the following address: Citizens Advice consumer service, Second floor, Fairfax House, Merrion Street, Leeds LS2 8JU.

Whilst Ofgem does not have a direct role in handling individual disputes, we do have a role in enforcing consumer protection legislation. I have therefore retained a copy of your email for our files for market monitoring purposes.

Kind regards,

Hanane Chergui
    :beer: .
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I find it quite bizarre that Ofgem's standard template letter makes no mention of the Energy Ombudsman, but instead directs complainants towards the hopelessly under-resourced CA?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I find it quite bizarre that Ofgem's standard template letter makes no mention of the Energy Ombudsman, but instead directs complainants towards the hopelessly under-resourced CA?

Presumably because the ombudsman service will not get involved unless and until you have first attempted to resolve the issue directly with the supplier, as explained on the "hopelessly under-resourced CA" link provided.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/complain-about-an-energy-company/complain-to-your-energy-supplier/
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm well aware of that, and if they linked directly to the Energy Ombudsman's site then it is made quite clear there too, as soon as you start the complaints procedure. Why confuse people even more by directing them to CA?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport