PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• dawn_rose
    dawn_rose Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ours is off here too now, im hoping we have a lovely summer and don't need it for a good long while.
    Jan 2015 GC £267/£260
    Feb 2015 GC /£260
  • BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't understand why people have their heating on at night when they're in bed.

I've had my central-heating on twice since Christmas and it's a balmy 23 degrees at the moment and I hope not to need any heating now until next winter.
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Off now although if it gets chillyagain I will have no probs with turning it on. I hate to be cold. X
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My thermostat is set to 20 and the boiler will come on when needed.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • P_McGoohan
    P_McGoohan Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    My programmable stat is set to 17c in the mornings and 19c in the evenings. Today is the first time this year it did not come on, I guess it will this evening though, getting some warm air in from the conservatory which is a balmy 28c atm.
    Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself
  • pixie__girlie
    Options
    Hi all- I'm interested to know at what point do you stop putting the heating on for ''summer'' lol? I've started to just have it on for half an hour in the morning here and there and seems to be bearable!
  • pixie__girlie
    Options
    I can't understand why people have their heating on at night when they're in bed.

I've had my central-heating on twice since Christmas and it's a balmy 23 degrees at the moment and I hope not to need any heating now until next winter.

How is your house so warm B&twisted without the heating coming on? Agree about not having it on at night though, that is daft.
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    had neating on once since 1st april and that was only to try and dry my DS school project!!
    Hopefully off until oct/nov now. Had bill through and not half as bad as last year. Direct debits now £63 for elec and £63 for gas. (have arrears on account) hoping to get down to £50 for each this time next year!
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Arggghhh I buckled!

It was so cold yesterday evening that at dinner we put it to the vote and DD, DS1 and I over ruled DH and DS2. The heating went on!
  • camNolliesMUMMY
    Options
    Yesterday Only had it on in the morning as me n hubby woke up cold. During the night it was warm but really chilly in the morning like today.

We've got a wireless thermostat so I've been bringing it up stairs at night. Yesterday it. Was 17c when we woke up. I'm really nesh!!! So I I cranked it up to 19c like thus morning.
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business