How much can you save?

Options

Comments

• JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    focus888 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i love reading this thread, always full of interesting topics. just curious how everyone is with work lunches. in the last two weeks ive been bringing stuff in from home and i can see how big a difference it is. I have been surviving on barely any money and im fine, i can do it except when all the ppl at work want to go out for lunch. ive had two free lunches off my friend already which i will pay/treat her back when i have the money :) but its how to get out of this situation. I dont want to be a work outcast and it is always tempting to go out for a nice lunch but this is where the money disappears. it seriously is my weakness :(

I bring lunch from home monday to thursday. On fridays we go out to the pub where we pair up in the two meals for £8 deal :)
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Wanttosave_2
    Options
    Hi LucyTheDwarf,

Still in the race with me? :-) Well, this month I am up to 9,798 pounds which should not be reduced unless a pesky, unexpectant bill comes along!

Starting to grow my own vegetables eg. lettuces, to cut down on food costs.

Regards

Money Angel
    :A
  • Wanttosave_2
    Options
    Hi Dazcouz

Would also like to challenge you to a savings race as well as LucyTheDwarf....

I know you have quite a headstart on me with your savings but I would like to try and catch you up somehow :-) Any tips received along the way, would be gratefully received. It's quite addictive this savings quest - I think now have a phoba, a fear of spending anything :D

With best wishes

Money Angel
  • zag2me
    zag2me Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saved £80 last month but been snowboarding, booked a trip to Barcelona and China in the summer :) Once all that's paid for it will be back to full scale saving.
    Save save save!!
  • TomCon_2
    TomCon_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I'm saving for a deposit on a house for when I qualify as a teacher in 2012.

So far, am at £4100.
  • dazcouz
    dazcouz Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    Options
    Wanttosave wrote: »
    Hi Dazcouz

Would also like to challenge you to a savings race as well as LucyTheDwarf....

I know you have quite a headstart on me with your savings but I would like to try and catch you up somehow :-) Any tips received along the way, would be gratefully received. It's quite addictive this savings quest - I think now have a phoba, a fear of spending anything :D

With best wishes

Money Angel

Welcome to the race! I have had quite a bad weekend and have spent alot, I'm not brave enough to reveal the damage yet:D
    Competion Wins 2008 - £1700 - 2009 £5300
    2010- £680
  • mintedmatty
    Options
    PAYDAY Again!!!! another £250 into my regular saver!!! opened another full money tin lastnight! £140 in £1 coins, getting them changed into notes, then straight into the bank account!!!!! got paid £13.16 interest from my A+L account! woohoo!!!!
    Millionaire in Training
    Mortgage: £27,535 (49% paid) Aim £25,000 by December 2015
    New House Mortgage £197,836 (4% Paid) Aim £194,000 by December 2015

#153 Save 12k in 2015 Challenge: £15,697£12,000
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Update for this month:

I've managed to save £800 this month in total. The signature will be updated after this post to reflect the new total.
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PAYDAY Again!!!! another £250 into my regular saver!!! opened another full money tin lastnight! £140 in £1 coins, getting them changed into notes, then straight into the bank account!!!!! got paid £13.16 interest from my A+L account! woohoo!!!!

hey mintedmatty, how long did it take you to save that up? thats really good.
  • dazcouz
    dazcouz Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    Options
    dippykitty wrote: »
    Update for this month:

I've managed to save £800 this month in total. The signature will be updated after this post to reflect the new total.

Well done, thats a big amount to save in a month:T
    Competion Wins 2008 - £1700 - 2009 £5300
    2010- £680
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family