Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 January 2018 at 7:15PM
    Options
    What car is it?

You're probably right though if that's going to be your main transport it'll be worth getting something bigger.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Hi Freddie - its a three door focus, I love it but the back seats are just so far back (if that makes sense) I'm not sure I'd reach to get a car seat in and out. I think what I'll do (once I'm telling people in real life) is see if I can borrow a car seat to have a practice with, several friends had babies last year so although they live quite a distance away I'm sure at least one would be happy to let me try it out if I called round.

Midwife appt this afternoon, hoping all goes well - anyone else getting crazy paranoid at this stage that its not real or that there's something wrong?
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • covcitygirl
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while. My little one and husband have had a terrible flu type thing so it has been a tough few days. I can't believe I am nearly 7 weeks already. The pregnancy is going so much quicker the second time.

Afoodandhermoney- yes I am starting to feel paranoid there might be something wrong or no pregnancy at all. Last time we were lucky that we had 2 early scans so knew everything was ok but we haven't had any this time around.
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Covcitygirl - I'm glad its not just me.
    The nausea is really hitting today, midwife appointment on Thursday went well - she has me at 5 weeks now (though with my short cycles I know I ovulated early so am expecting the due date to come forward at my scan), need another 1hr appointment next month (that will be my proper "booking in" appointment) as this first hour still wasn't enough to go through everything. She said I'd be sick of the sight of her by the end with all the appointments :rotfl:

Trying to decide whether to collar the boss at some point this week about it or whether to wait til after my holiday next week - will see what sort of mood he's in on Friday I think (he's in meetings all week til then)
    MFiT challenge #60
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    caught the boss in a good mood this morning and broke the news (also told my work BFF - she'd been wondering why I had suddenly developed a love of herbal teas). Its all getting a bit real now that people know. I think we'll tell my parents and his mum this weekend (both mum's have been a bit down lately - hopefully this will brighten them up).
    How's everyone else feeling today?
    MFiT challenge #60
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    caught the boss in a good mood this morning and broke the news (also told my work BFF - she'd been wondering why I had suddenly developed a love of herbal teas). Its all getting a bit real now that people know. I think we'll tell my parents and his mum this weekend (both mum's have been a bit down lately - hopefully this will brighten them up).
    How's everyone else feeling today?

Oh good. Very exciting when people start knowing.

I’ve got my first midwife appointment on Monday when I’ll be 9 weeks. Having a lot of nausea which fluctuates with intensity throughout the day. Not fun at work.

We’ve not told anyone yet. Well have to tell my OHs brother and wife this weekend as staying with them for the weekend and it will be obvious when I refuse alcohol.

We will also have to tell me in laws the following week as go8ng on holiday with my FIL. Then we’ll wait till after the scan to tell anyone else which won’t be till March.
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    good luck for Monday millysg1 - my first appointment last week was quite intense (they took a full medical history including mental health - I've had issues with depression in the past, and talking about it is never easy) next one is in three weeks to do the rest of my booking in and take family medical history (she said to allow another hour for that one). I didn't see our "local" midwife last week but the regular one called "for a chat" while I was driving last night - will call her back at lunchtime as by the time I got home and picked up the message it was a bit late. I think she just wants to introduce herself and see how I'm doing.

Off work next week - I'm so looking forward to having a rest and not having to hide the nausea! I'm snacking like anything today to hold it off as much as possible (luckily having a desk full of snacks isn't unusual for me so the rest of the office aren't too suspicious)
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Dot.1991
    Options
    HI all hope everyone is doing well
    Afool I am just like you with having snack drawer(s)!
    I!!!8217;ve found having the snack size portions of cheese help if I get hungry at work.
    I!!!8217;ve had a bit of a funny week. Friend at work is also pregnant but has had some bleeding this week and it!!!8217;s really took me back. She!!!8217;s had a scan and thought she was 7 but they think 6, they also think there could possibly be another one in there too! She!!!8217;s having another scan in 2 weeks. I!!!8217;m really hoping everything is ok with her I!!!8217;ve tried to not be excited this week infront of her
    My mums bestfriends daughter is also pregnant abit further on than me and went for her scan the other week and her Down!!!8217;s syndrome blood test has come back with same risk as a 45 year old, she!!!8217;s 29. She!!!8217;s having some more tests done privately but doesn!!!8217;t get the results until tomorrow.
    All these things are just putting me on edge that something won!!!8217;t be right with me too. I!!!8217;ve still had hardly any symptoms apart from toilet issues (sorry tmi!)

Sorry for the complaining I really want to enjoy the experience but I!!!8217;m just hearing too much bad stuff at the moment.

My scan is on Tuesday morning I should be 11+3 xx
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    Dot.1991 wrote: »
    HI all hope everyone is doing well
    Afool I am just like you with having snack drawer(s)!
    I!!!8217;ve found having the snack size portions of cheese help if I get hungry at work.
    I!!!8217;ve had a bit of a funny week. Friend at work is also pregnant but has had some bleeding this week and it!!!8217;s really took me back. She!!!8217;s had a scan and thought she was 7 but they think 6, they also think there could possibly be another one in there too! She!!!8217;s having another scan in 2 weeks. I!!!8217;m really hoping everything is ok with her I!!!8217;ve tried to not be excited this week infront of her
    My mums bestfriends daughter is also pregnant abit further on than me and went for her scan the other week and her Down!!!8217;s syndrome blood test has come back with same risk as a 45 year old, she!!!8217;s 29. She!!!8217;s having some more tests done privately but doesn!!!8217;t get the results until tomorrow.
    All these things are just putting me on edge that something won!!!8217;t be right with me too. I!!!8217;ve still had hardly any symptoms apart from toilet issues (sorry tmi!)

Sorry for the complaining I really want to enjoy the experience but I!!!8217;m just hearing too much bad stuff at the moment.

My scan is on Tuesday morning I should be 11+3 xx

It’s totally normal to be feeling all that, especially after your friends difficulties. I’d be surprised if not everyone has some paranoia that something is going to go wrong or second guess whether they are pregnant.
    Your scan should hopefully give you some comfort. Also, take a second test if your worried about still being pregnant. I did the first time pregnant. I’m temoted to again now as I bought 2 and have 1 laying around. But then I try to think positively and concentrate on all the signs and that I’ve had no periods or bleeding or pain of any kind.

My SIL Had an eptopic pregnant a couple weeks ago, just as we found out we were pregnant so I’ve reading up all the signs, which is silly as it just adds to the worry rather than help.

My midwife visit went fine today. They had a lot of info from first pregnancy so didn’t take as long as I thought it might. I will be under consultant lead care again, as I’d expected. Now wait for scan in 3 weeks.
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    oh Dot I hope your friend's are ok - good luck for the scan tomorrow

millysg - hope your SIL is ok too,

really struggling through work today - I had last week off (originally planning a bit of a break, but I've felt so ill we didn't go anywhere in the end) and its a bit of a jolt coming back to it, would much rather be at home right now. Much more vomiting the last two days, beginning to wonder why does anybody do this a second time? I'm either 7 or 8 weeks today, but hopefully I'll be out of the sick-y phase soon.

Told both the mums last week - they are both very excited.
    MFiT challenge #60
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport