PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a very pasta-y day yesterday as i used up a spoonful of leftover pasta bake for lunch with a couple of quorn sausages and then made pasta for tea with the last of a packet of veggie chorizo, some purple sprouting broccoli, spinach and the remains of a jar of chilli pesto. Maybe I'll have something different today. :-)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Added to my coffee mountain yesterday. I like the Douwe Egberts instant for everyday and it was on offer for £4 a big jar instead of £5.95. I bought five!

I need to do a freezer audit as we have been away for almost a fortnight, leaving DS house and cat sitting and he records nothing. Lots of biscuit crumbs though...
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mea culpa, mea culpa. In Ulverston diving for the weekend. They have the most amazing butcher. I couldn't resist. New season leg of lamb, Gloucester old spot sausages, free range chicken. It's the sort of place they can pretty much tell you the name of the animal it came from.

£45 later (I was astounded at the price actually), I am refilling the freezer.

I also put in a relatively small Musclefood order to arrive next week. I was panicking at my lack of chicken breasts.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    IN
    Shopping from Asdas, and last night some bread and doughnuts from work. Then this morning i went to the local Food Club shop and Morrisons. There i got biscuit spread x 2, roasted peanuts, tinned tomatoes, potatoes and kidney beans, pretzels, cranberry juice, chilli chocolate, dates and pain au chocolate (think that was it). From Morrisons, i got spring onions, YS mushrooms, courgettes, cauli, two peppers, leeks, swede, bananas and YS mini weetabix and violife

OUT
    Parsley and kale in the bin (both gone off), small amount of walnuts/breadcrumbs/herbs and spices for meatless balls, pasta, last of violife, last of vbites ham, bagels, tin of soup, half a bag of quorn hotdogs, tin of spaghetti hoops, spread, two bottles of piri piri sauce, half a bag of quorn pieces, several onions, half a pepper, last of violife sausages, two potatoes, last of sweetcorn, handful of green beans, several ingredients for Bosh vegan cake which has been made into cupcakes and almost all gone, pizza and more birthday cake. Plus drinks, coffee/tea/water/milk and juice.

Forgot avocados, sugar, strawberries and blueberries.

Friday
    IN
    Think i bought leeks, turnip, YS cauliflower, YS avocados, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, spring greens, sugar and a date and walnut cob ( didn't need and could possibly make myself, but just sounded nice). Possibly more ...

OUT
    Cob, spread,bananas, ( whatever daughter has had for dinner) LMc Sausages, parsnips x 4 ( very wrinkly), potatoes x 2, onion gravy, two large carrots, one head of spring green, tea/coffee/juice/water

Today
    IN
    so far nothing, but could change as in work at 3pm!!

OUT slices of bread, spread, avocado (1.5) tea/coffee/milk/sugar. DD2 pain au chocolat, banana and a Mars Bars ( i know, very healthy :eek:)!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Out

I made wraps using gram flour from my store cupboard, to use with the remains of a chicken stir fry. One wrap is In the fridge, to have toasted with my soup tomorrow.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    :p Just made my first batch of strawberry vodka, ready for a cocktail party in early June.
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options

Today
    IN
    so far nothing, but could change as in work at 3pm!!

OUT slices of bread, spread, avocado (1.5) tea/coffee/milk/sugar. DD2 pain au chocolat, banana and a Mars Bars ( i know, very healthy :eek:)!

IN Bottle of D and B, oatly, alpro custard, easter egg and flake choc tarts, meat free sausages, onion bhajis, vbites slices and garlic bread ( to be turned into vegan pizza)

OUT takeaway curry (bought on 5/4 for daughter's birthday and frozen), rice, curry paste, onions, 1/3 pepper, quorn pieces, clay oven naan bread and bhajis.

Predicted later tonight ... outs - d and b pop, beer, chocolate, sweets, and possibly pretzels and/or nuts :p
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last night we used up a butternut squash and mushroom pie that had been in the freezer since Xmas and it was one of those that looked a lot better on the box than it tasted. Too much pastry and not enough filling for my liking. Still, more space in the freezer is good!

Strawberry vodka sounds good. We made rasberry gin a few years back and it was excellent. Even better was the one we made with rasberry and blueberry together. Yum, yum, yum!
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Turned my 2 Easter eggs into chocolate brownies, which used up a good amount of cocoa powder, golden syrup, honey and all my caster sugar.

They should keep my boyfriend out of trouble for a while :)

Had my brother come to stay this weekend and as a result I am very low on beer!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Ginmonster wrote: »

Strawberry vodka sounds good. We made rasberry gin a few years back and it was excellent. Even better was the one we made with rasberry and blueberry together. Yum, yum, yum!

Ooh, raspberry and blueberry. I may have to try that when my own raspberries are over-producing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure